Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Cee-Lo - F*uck You. Absolute quality!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

Just heard it last night- this song is blowing up! Fantastic production and catchy as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PoppyRowe

hahahaha Ceelo does it again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Song is doing very well indeed. It appeals to people who are not normally hiphop fans aswell which is always good.

Dangerously catchy. Have already started saying "**** youoooouuhooo" to mates instead of the standard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

I first heard this at half 5 this evening thanks to the gracious work of the OP and have honestly listened to it about 20 times since, mein gott tis catchy as a mudda funker

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

this is quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

remix's kicking in already, 50's freestyle of it, hot song

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

oh lord are we gonna hate this song in 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

zuroph wrote: »

My thoughts exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭sunnysummer

hes now streaming samples of his tracks of his new ablum on youtube.

seems like there are some decent stuff on it.plenty more to follow up from F**K You

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

zuroph wrote: »

i was so right :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I didn't like it to start with. It's too gimmicky. The production is mad cheezy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Fcuk me I hate this cheesy, Outkast-eque bile with all my heart, I really do.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I still like it, he done a great performance of it on Jools Holland recently. There was even an extended bit at the end where he went all Mowtown on it.

But in saying all that, i havent heard it all that much yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

This cod-retro motown stuff has been done to death already in the last 5 years with Amy Winehouse, Mark Ronson and a bajillion other copycats like Duffy. It's a surefire way to become a success but it's a bit dull when people are dredging up the same nostalic stuff the whole time.

I was kind of dissapointed with Aloe Blaccs new album because while it's nice and everything, it's not as odd and experimental as his old stuff where he was mixing loads of south american styles with hip hop and soul and rnb.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Shut up Molloy or I'll beat you up, put Phat's cardi on ya and take photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

"Cee Lo" is a sellout <snip>

From Goodie Mob to pop singing.. hahahahaha. Horrible music

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

This cod-retro motown stuff has been done to death already in the last 5 years with Amy Winehouse, Mark Ronson and a bajillion other copycats like Duffy. It's a surefire way to become a success but it's a bit dull when people are dredging up the same nostalic stuff the whole time.

I was kind of dissapointed with Aloe Blaccs new album because while it's nice and everything, it's not as odd and experimental as his old stuff where he was mixing loads of south american styles with hip hop and soul and rnb.

Aloe Blacc's newest album is far superior to his earlier work. Its actually one of the best album's I've heard in music full stop this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Ugh, I hate this track with a passion (I never liked Gnarls Barkley either). Overplayed to death and that ****ing crying bit in the song just makes me want to bleed in despair. Now he's got an album coming, we're going to be subjected to this **** for months to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭sunnysummer

Im loving it I have to say.
    theres some great sinpetts from the album on youtube. think is sound pretty good, good mixture of genres.
    Have to say loved Gnarls Barkley especially the gig they did in vicar st.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Loved Gnarls Barkley, but I agree, the fake motown stuff has been done to death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Album has leaked. I'm only half interested in this though. I thought the Gnarls Barkley sound grew tedious fairly quickly. I guess his Goodie Mobb days are truely behind him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Makaveli wrote: »
    Album has leaked. I'm only half interested in this though. I thought the Gnarls Barkley sound grew tedious fairly quickly. I guess his Goodie Mobb days are truely behind him.

"Got so many people to please but if this works it really sets up goodie mob next so I can spit for yall again"

From Cee lo's twitter

There's hope yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

at best the song is pure meh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

This album is actually pretty damn good. I could do without the intro and outro as they sound nothing like the rest of the album but as for the tracks themselves I don't particularly like Bodies or Love Gun and FU is on the weak side too. I've no fault with the others and the production is really nice too. It's like Cee-Lo realised he doesn't have to do that whiney kind of singing that came with Gnarls Barkley and has just gone back to belting out soul songs. Very impressed.

Makaveli wrote: »
    This album is actually pretty damn good. I could do without the intro and outro as they sound nothing like the rest of the album but as for the tracks themselves I don't particularly like Bodies or Love Gun and FU is on the weak side too. I've no fault with the others and the production is really nice too. It's like Cee-Lo realised he doesn't have to do that whiney kind of singing that came with Gnarls Barkley and has just gone back to belting out soul songs. Very impressed.

Have to agree with you on this, Cee Lo can sing his as$ off and this record has really impressed me. 'It's OK' is one of the low points for me but quickly followed by 'Old Fashioned' and 'No Ones Gonna Love You' which have blown me away. Those 2 songs have really captured the old Mowtown sound and twisted it to modern times perfectly.

Advertisement