Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

sunshiner wrote: »
    Im craving indian food :D and sausage sandwiches. Cant eat green peppers anymore ugh.
    Murdy wurdy your the same as me ill be 10 weeks on the monday.. I must say i feel alot better today,not as tired. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend :D

oh and a big congrats n welcome to Twinkleboots :D

Hey girls..

A bit worried here... Im having dull cramps alday and have a bit of spotting brown in colour... Going to doc mon...

Anyone else have experienced this??

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Hey girls..

A bit worried here... Im having dull cramps alday and have a bit of spotting brown in colour... Going to doc mon...

Hi julias

I think it is fairly common in pregnancy, a girl i worked with had this at the start of her pregnancy!
    Would you not just give the early pregnancy unit a ring just to put your mind at ease and see what they say, I know i would go out of my mind if i had to wait all weekend!
    They could probably put your mind at ease over the phone if you just tell them your symptoms.
    Look after yourself and try not to worry x

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Hey girls..

Apparently you only need to be really worried about fresh blood when spotting. So it would be quite red. Brown spotting is quite common - my sis spotted on all her pregnancies. Still I'd be getting it checked out. Just in case. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

julias_jewel How are you feeling now? Hope you are feeling better and the spotting has stopped.

Any thoughts on hair dye is my next question? Sorry for all the questions but just wondering are yee planning on dying your hair in the next while? Miine is desperate and really needs to be highlighted. Research is divided about it but generally they say its safe. Think my morning sickness has gotten better. Got sick once this morning but feeling good ever since. Hows everyone elses today?

DoubleB wrote: »
    julias_jewel How are you feeling now? Hope you are feeling better and the spotting has stopped.

Any thoughts on hair dye is my next question? Sorry for all the questions but just wondering are yee planning on dying your hair in the next while? Miine is desperate and really needs to be highlighted. Research is divided about it but generally they say its safe. Think my morning sickness has gotten better. Got sick once this morning but feeling good ever since. Hows everyone elses today?

I think they say its the ammonia that's bad in the hair dye for babies, I use a hair dye from health shop which i think is ok and i only have to do my hair every 2 months, I would of thought that highlights would be fine as they are not touching your skin but im not an expert!
    I know I certainly won't be going back to my natural colour anytime soon lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Meche is ok,or the cap as the colour doesnt touch your scalp. Different hairdressers will differ on it. but ill only be using meche packets from now on. I used to be in the industry and i only ever remember using meche on pregnant ladies. Theres are lots of ammonia free colours available but they differ depending on the person. ( hope this is of some help)

meant to say that some hairdresser will do a patch test of colour on you when ur pregnant just to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

DoubleB wrote: »

I don't think there's any evidence for the hair dye thing. I personally think it's scaremongering (not you personally, Double B!) and its similar to saying you shouldn't go near chemicals, but then nobody's going to stop cleaning their house during the 9 months. I talked to my consultant about this and she said it was completely fine once it was "modern" dye which on further questioning she said one put on by a hairdresser would be perfectly ok.

Info from the NHS Website about hairdye in pregnancy:
    The chemicals in permanent and semi-permanent hair dyes are not highly toxic.

Using hair dye when you’re pregnant

Most research, although limited, shows that it’s safe to colour your hair while pregnant. Some studies have found that very high doses of the chemicals in hair dyes may cause harm. However, these doses are massive compared to the very low amount of chemicals that a woman colouring her hair is exposed to.
    Many women decide to wait to dye their hair until after the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, when the risk of chemical substances harming the baby is much lower. If you’re colouring your hair yourself, you can reduce the risk further by making sure that you:
    wear gloves,
    leave the dye on for the minimum time, and
    work in a well-ventilated room.

Highlighting your hair, by putting the dye only onto strands of hair, also reduces any risk. The chemicals used are only absorbed by your hair, and not by your scalp or bloodstream.
    Semi-permanent pure vegetable dyes, such as henna, are a safe alternative.
    Do remember that pregnancy can affect your hair’s normal condition. For example, your hair may:
    react differently to colouring or perming than it usually does, and
    become more or less absorbent, frizzy or unpredictable.
    It’s always a good idea to do a strand test first, using the hair dye or treatment that you intend to use. Speak to your hairdresser for advice.
    NHS Info on Hairdye in Pregnancy

Julias_Jewel I hope you are feeling Ok.. I will echo what many people here have said, I also too heard that brown spotting isn't a big problem. Hopefully you got to phone the hospital and they put your mind at ease..

Did anyone else have irritable bowel before being preg? How has it been for you since?

Apart from a bit at the start, mine was great, until today that is, overdid it a bit with the bread yesterday and have been cramping since early this morning. Just flaked on couch with hot water bottle and peppermint tea and a lack of meds!

Bread doesnt agree with me much, i try not to have much of it, had it during pregnancy and im the same as yourself krankykitty,cramps etc. Peppermint tea and natural yougart are my friend.
    I had my first introduction to the toilet bowl last night, and i thought i was getting of scott free in the being sick department :(

Yeah I've had IBS for the past 6 years as a product of severe endometriosis. Its been Ok so far thankfully thou the first few weeks I was very constipated. I also eat a natural yogurt every day, drink peppermint tea and take an acidophilus tablet daily. Apparently they are safe and in fact some drs recommend them during pregnancy.

I am feeling really funny flutters in my lower left abdomin when I was sitting up straight earlier. I would swear it is the babymoving? Is it possible this early on?

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that Sunshiner, hope the sickness is a one off...

Exciting stuff DoubleB! I didn't think it was possible till around 18 weeks or something but maybe people differ... It's mad to see the amount of moving around that goes on without you feeling it, so maybe it's not all that surprising if you can feel something!

Thanks for the suggestions too, i usually eat the natural yogurt but had been off them due to feeling sick. And must look into those acidophilius things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Hope everyone had a good weekend and wasn't too sick. After my good start on Friday things turned bad and I spent the weekend being fairly ill, eating little and throwing up what I did eat. I only perked up for an hour or two last night but apart from that I had a fairly wretched weekend. I just keep thinking it will go in 2 - 4 weeks, it's the only thing keeping me going! Sorry to hear the sickness hit sunshiner - puking is really not very pleasant.

Also, because I've lost a good bit of weight I'm basically showing already, I've lost weight from my hips, thighs and collar bone area which makes the big pregnant boobs and swollen belly look really prominent. Basically, I look quite pregnant, even though I know the belly is a swollen uterus and not baby. It's weird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Hope everyone had a good weekend and wasn't too sick. After my good start on Friday things turned bad and I spent the weekend being fairly ill, eating little and throwing up what I did eat. I only perked up for an hour or two last night but apart from that I had a fairly wretched weekend. I just keep thinking it will go in 2 - 4 weeks, it's the only thing keeping me going! Sorry to hear the sickness hit sunshiner - puking is really not very pleasant.

Also, because I've lost a good bit of weight I'm basically showing already, I've lost weight from my hips, thighs and collar bone area which makes the big pregnant boobs and swollen belly look really prominent. Basically, I look quite pregnant, even though I know the belly is a swollen uterus and not baby. It's weird!

Hi girls,

Unfortunately im out :( was brought in last night and was scanned this morning, no heartbeat was found.

Keep me in your prayers for the next few days xx

Best of luck to all of ye xx

Hi girls,

Unfortunately im out :( was brought in last night and was scanned this morning, no heartbeat was found.

Im so sorry julias_jewel, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Look after yourself xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Hi girls,

I'm so sorry julias jewel. Thinking of you xx

I am so so sorry Julias Jewel. You poor thing. My heart breaks for you. I will definitely be thinking of you and sending you lots of love over the next few days. Take very good care of yourself and be kind to yourself. xxx

Im so sorry to hear the julias jewel my thoughts are with you xxxx

Ah Julias_Jewel I'm so sorry to hear that. Take good care of yourself and I'm thinking of you x

I'm so so sorry Julias_Jewel. I'm thinking of you loads. Hope you and your family are doing ok. If you need to talk you know where we are

xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Popz

Hi girls,

So Sorry Julias_jewel xxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Hi I am just joining, is everyone waiting until first hospital appointment or has anyone gone for private scan in first trimester and recommend it? I am really anxious until hear heartbeat but only 8 weeks since conceiving.

Very sorry Julias Jewel thinking of you!

lynda18 wrote: »
    Hi I am just joining, is everyone waiting until first hospital appointment or has anyone gone for private scan in first trimester and recommend it? I am really anxious until hear heartbeat but only 8 weeks since conceiving.

Hi Lynda18

I didn't bother with private scan as I was given my date for my scan quite early in the hospital, I was scanned at 10 weeks and the private scan place weren't giving me an appointment until I was 8 weeks so I didn't see the point but I think if I had to wait until I was 12 weeks I would of paid the money and had the early scan to put my mind at ease!

Congratulations by the way :D

Wow MurdyWurdy you really seem to be having a bad time with your sickness, Hopefully you are on the home stretch now and you will feel absolutely fabulous in a few weeks!
    I was a little sick over the weekend myself and it's the first time were I actually got sick so I felt a little sorry for myself!
    I had a little bit of a scare yesterday as I had quite bad cramps all day and the night previous I had a little bit of spotting but I called the early pregnancy unit and they put my mind at ease and today I am fine again!

Strange how our bodies work, I also found out yesterday that I am rhesus negative so that put me in a bit of a bad mood too but after reading up on it I feel slightly better!

lynda18 wrote: »

Congratulations!! I did a private scan at 8w5d - was worth every penny! Was just nice to see everything was as it should be. Obviously, I'm still a little apprehensive for my 12 week appointment but it take some of the worry away.
    lainycool wrote: »
    Wow MurdyWurdy you really seem to be having a bad time with your sickness, Hopefully you are on the home stretch now and you will feel absolutely fabulous in a few weeks!
    I was a little sick over the weekend myself and it's the first time were I actually got sick so I felt a little sorry for myself!
    I had a little bit of a scare yesterday as I had quite bad cramps all day and the night previous I had a little bit of spotting but I called the early pregnancy unit and they put my mind at ease and today I am fine again!

Strange how our bodies work, I also found out yesterday that I am rhesus negative so that put me in a bit of a bad mood too but after reading up on it I feel slightly better!

Glad you're ok now, the spotting must have been scary. I check for blood everytime I go to the toilet, never had any but it's still on my mind.

I'm actually starting to feel better which apparently can happen at 10 weeks. I've started to be hungry again instead of just sick all the time - I had Eddie Rockets last night and it was so delicious! Kept most of it down too :) Being sick is horrible, you were dead right to feel sorry for yourself. I've puked enough in the last 5 weeks to last me a lifetime! I think I'll still do some puking over the next few weeks but the awful miserable feeling hanging over me is lifting. Already planning on having a nice dinner tonight!

It is weird how women are different - so many women sail through their first 3 months. When I was really ill I felt so sorry for myself, that it was happening to me but you're right, our bodies are different and we handle it in different ways. I'm hoping for an easier labour becuase my first trimester sucked so much :P

Thanks Lainycool I am very nervous that everything be ok as know alot of people who where unlucky in first few weeks. it feels like a very long wait four more weeks till first appointment and scan., very hard to relaz

Yes some people seem very bad wit morning sickness thankfully i have had no nausea at all just very tired and tender enlarged breasts.

I have read up on rhesus negative seems ok once they know it. i do not know my own blood type. there is so much to learn.

Congratulations!! I did a private scan at 8w5d - was worth every penny! Was just nice to see everything was as it should be. Obviously, I'm still a little apprehensive for my 12 week appointment but it take some of the worry away.

Glad you're ok now, the spotting must have been scary. I check for blood everytime I go to the toilet, never had any but it's still on my mind.

I'm actually starting to feel better which apparently can happen at 10 weeks. I've started to be hungry again instead of just sick all the time - I had Eddie Rockets last night and it was so delicious! Kept most of it down too :) Being sick is horrible, you were dead right to feel sorry for yourself. I've puked enough in the last 5 weeks to last me a lifetime! I think I'll still do some puking over the next few weeks but the awful miserable feeling hanging over me is lifting. Already planning on having a nice dinner tonight!

It is weird how women are different - so many women sail through their first 3 months. When I was really ill I felt so sorry for myself, that it was happening to me but you're right, our bodies are different and we handle it in different ways. I'm hoping for an easier labour becuase my first trimester sucked so much :P

To be honest it wasn't the blood that scared me it was the cramping more than anything, I can't imagine how you have been working and feeling like this, I reckon you are due a nice easy labour!
    When is your scan?

lainycool wrote: »
    To be honest it wasn't the blood that scared me it was the cramping more than anything, I can't imagine how you have been working and feeling like this, I reckon you are due a nice easy labour!
    When is your scan?

4th December - 2 weeks :)

I don't know how I'm getting through work either. Got called to a feedback meeting this morning where they basically told me I was doing ok but needed to step it up a little (I haven't been in the job long, got pregnant the week I started - it's a contract though). My manager knows I've spent the last 4/5 weeks puking so my performance is not going to be the best. It was very upsetting, especially as I'm still all hormonal. I felt like I was being attacked instead of having an informal chat about how I'm doing :My mum reckons they aren't happy about the pregnancy and are stirring

and fingers crossed on the labour!

Congrats and welcome Lynda18.

Im the same as murdywurdy i check everytime i go to the toilet,but everything has been fine. Ive been ok with nausea until the last couple of days its been really bad :(

I had my scan yesterday at 10 weeks which really made it real.Healthy heartbeat and growing well. It was so busy there it was unreal. Consultants and midwifes are brilliant, So thorough . What i found really nice was the midwifes and consultants really included my partner.I have another scan and bloods in 3 weeks so i guess i will start telling people after that scan im hoping everything will be fine.

Hope everyone is well

• Advertisement

I'm a total knicker- checker too ladies! It's actually an obsession. I feel moist down there, I panic, run to the loo in a panic! I've had some discharge which looks like trush sorry TMI! I've been having lots of flutters in my lower abdomen. Can't describe it other than it feels like a shudder inside. I know its crazy early to feel anything so it's probably just things moving or my bowel or something!! I'm havin a scan this week and I will be just over 11 weeks then. I'm wondering is this a good time to tell ppl assuming everything goes well? I really want to just tell the world now as I could do with a lil tlc in work etc and am dying to explain my strange behaviour lately! Also I am a school teacher and I feel like the parents are constantly lokin at my belly. Could be my imagination. Obviouly I won't ever be telling them althou knowing some they might ask!!

Advertisement