Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

M11 - Arklow to Rathnew

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

Maybe I was right!
    http://newsfeed.eastcoast.fm/2015/07/opening-ceremony-for-new-section-of-n11.html
    The opening ceremony took place at three o’clock; however officials say the road won’t be opened up to traffic until the ceremony stand is cleared from the road later this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Excellent heading down to Rosslare next week, will enjoy using this new section of the motorway :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

vickers209 wrote: »
    Ribbon has been cut:D

11698797_10153213921579079_9218348765500003033_n.jpg?oh=df3cadfe5d222e85e310143d88786bc7&oe=56102F70

They look like they're having fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,633 ✭✭✭✭josip

Maybe Brendan Howlin's also thinking of how much time he's going to save commuting each week?

josip wrote: »
    Maybe Brendan Howlin's also thinking of how much time he's going to save commuting each week?
    Maybe he's wondering where to go to lunch!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96219786&postcount=4093

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

high ranking garda behind them ticketing there cars for parking on a motorway:P:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭mackerski

It's a trailer so should be handy enough to move.

They just need to push it into a nearby field and hang a Supermac's ad on the side.

mackerski wrote: »
    They just need to push it into a nearby field and hang a Supermac's ad on the side.

Wrong side of the country :). "Wexford Spuds and Strawberries Ahead"

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭mct1

Just looking at the pics, I hope women are allowed to use the new motorway as well...

mct1 wrote: »
    Just looking at the pics, I hope women are allowed to use the new motorway as well...
    There was at least one at the ceremony :/

https://twitter.com/paraicgallagher/status/620592867573125120

• Advertisement

mct1 wrote: »

I'm robbing these of facebook :o

Wicklownews

11693841_915957098446346_5455744804971173298_n.jpg?oh=98b3d256f09a656ffce026c9683b1be3&oe=5656D701

Commencing countdown, engines on
    Check ignition and may God's love be with you
    5,4,3,2,1.... lift off!

What a f****g circus this is.
    The road is finally ready to replace a section of road where there have been many fatalities.
    Every day's delay costs productivity at an individual and national level.
    Yet instead of ending the suffering of thousands, a day of fun is had by politicians of all levels, jaded news hacks looking for an easy soundbite and column inches, and C-list celebs looking for any bit of free publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The road is finally ready to replace a section of road where there have been many fatalities.
    Yet instead of ending the suffering of thousands, a day of fun is had by politicians of all levels, jaded news hacks looking for an easy soundbite and column inches, and C-list celebs looking for any bit of free publicity.

A bit dramatic there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭secman

A bit dramatic there.

Maybe. ...but true non the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,730 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

C'mon now, think of the poor politicians who had to take time out from running the country to remove that dangerous bit of ribbon obstructing the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

It's open!

This was still a Tail back at the northern end though before bee hive. Think all the cones werent full removed yet.

A bit dramatic there.

Drama? I can do drama :D

Each red pixel is a poor motoring soul still being tormented this evening by a politician's ego.

8lcUPNx.png

WICKLOW: The new section of the M11 is being opened in stages over the next 45 minutes between Arklow and Rathnew, following the official opening ceremony earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

How long does it usually take the new motorways to appear on Google maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Just went on it a while ago. It took about 8 minutes from start to finish. I was heading south bound and the first half of journey was fairly pleasant on the eye, nice view of the hills and trees.

Traffic was very heavy, more than likely there was a fair few heads, like me, just went on it for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭secman

Just went on it a while ago. It took about 8 minutes from start to finish. I was heading south bound and the first half of journey was fairly pleasant on the eye, nice view of the hills and trees.

Traffic was very heavy, more than likely there was a fair few heads, like me, just went on it for the craic.
    Is it 100 or 120km for the new section ?

the new normal

AtG5uw2.png

secman wrote: »
    Is it 100 or 120km for the new section ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Is there a speed trap on it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

...just returned from a round trip,about 9 min exit to exit,took a dash cam!....great job overall!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

slickmcvic wrote: »
    ...just returned from a round trip,about 9 min exit to exit,took a dash cam!....great job overall!

prove it on youtube, or it didn't happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Our great county just got that little bit greater.

I look forward to driving the new N/M11 tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

Uploading as we speak!

Advertisement