Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Allergy Testing

• 15-08-2009 8:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey guys,

I was just curios if anyone on the forum has gotten a comprehensive allergy test done?

I'm pretty sure that I'm allergic to a few food groups, not life-threatening allergic, but definitely notice bizarre changes after eating some foodstuffs.

If you have gotten a test done in the past, would you be so kind as to point out:
    • How much it cost?
    • Where it was done?
    • How many food categories it looked at?
    Also, another test I would like to get done is a Thyroid Test. If anyone has gotten this done and knows the what's, where's and why's, please post up the relevant information.
    I'd just like to say that I haven't browsed through the site for any information on these topics so if it has been brought up in the past a link to the related thread(s) will do just fine.

Cheers
    Menschy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

i had the tests done after i had anniflactic shock twice in 6 months sorry about the spelling . the tests were done in the blackrock hospital cost about 700 euro and did not show any positive results ,that was about 7 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

from what i remember I was only 11 and the search for my problems Hyperactivity etc as a kid where on the search.

basically they draw little circles and put droplets of consentes of dairy products that kinf of thing on your skin then they pric your skin and wait about 10 mins and if youe skin redins or blotchs they put that down as a possibility of allergic to it...

Its pretty mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mensch

Thanks for the response.

€700 is a bit steep! I imagine that with it being so long ago now it has probably gone up a touch too.

I searched through a few of the past threads started on the same topic and a few people seemed to think that the tests where you send away a sample are very hit-and-miss. I know someone who had this done and thought that it was pretty good! There were no special subscriptions to buy supplements or anything, it was just a very simple 'this is what you're allergic to, so don't eat all these things, etc.'

I might just take his word and go and get it done.

Anyway thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

I'd be interested to hear what you find (optionswise).
    I saw a doctor in Australia once, who would send a sample away like you say and you'd get a list of what you were allergic to, but I haven't come across anything here.
    If you find something like that, let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Loaded1973

Hi, my son is 7 years old and has multiple serious food allergies, i suggest you have a look athttp://www.joefitzgibbon.ie
    We have been attending this clinic for the past few years and found it friendly and reasonable cost wise.

No connection with the clinic, just a happy mammy who had all her questions answered :)

If you have any questions let me know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement