Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭nuts86

not sure if i have any green top with me, but i'l be wearing my golden boot asics with my football socks(kerry colours unfortunately) tucked into my tracky to keep me warm...probably my white munster hoody as well...and cant forget my stripy wooly hat!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Its ok, I have a few green tshirts spare, even if ye have an Ireland jersey (football or rugby) wear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

klong wrote: »
    Ok, good. nuts86 (hi!) raised a good point- how will we know each other.

If this is going to be a training session (which I propose taking- and objections?) I'd like a common colour. Green perhaps?

edit: how guaranteed are we of space on the astro?

It will be hard to recognise people, but my pic is on the who's who thread, as are quite a few other people's.

I think more people will have red, but we will hardly be out of our jumpers tmrw night!!

We arent guaranteed space on the astro, but how many other mad bastards will be playing with weather like this!!

Red? Green? You may have a point.

Executive decision time: red it is.

Tomorrow we'll get names and move on with the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Red? Green? You may have a point.

Executive decision time: red it is.

Tomorrow we'll get names and move on with the application.

Savage - red it is ...................... I mean, Arsenal, Man U and Liverpool fans are sorted - Chelsea fans - no offense but **** off !!!!

See you tomorrow at 7pm on the astroturf.

Are we guarenteed a place - tbh no, but wat other daft bastards will be out in this weather???

It's defo .... chance it time..... till tomorrow!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭nuts86

great job, i can do red, see ye at the astro so at 7pm

Myself and B.A.Baracus have a meeting at 6:30...just found out this morning...So we may be a little late, but I'll try my utmost to be there for 7 ...see you all later

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Mossin wrote: »
    Myself and B.A.Baracus have a meeting at 6:30...just found out this morning...So we may be a little late, but I'll try my utmost to be there for 7 ...see you all later

Marketing students making a hames of things as usual...at least I never promised to come...have you seen the weather:eek:

ninty9er wrote: »
    Marketing students making a hames of things as usual...at least I never promised to come...have you seen the weather:eek:

:eek: B.A.Baracus is an Accountant, dont tar us marketeers with your brush now! ;)

Stop being such a b*tch and come along to the game.

I have managed to acquire the services of some Aero Engineers, a couple more BBS 4th years [possibly 4], a comp sys student and friends, a Polish brut, and for some reason another Arsenal fan :rolleyes:

I'll be there as soon as possible this evening, so you neednt worry yourself too much :D

and for some reason another Arsenal fan :rolleyes:

If it was 1994 I'd say nothing like a great defence!!! But now I'd say your just jealous!!!

Its not all about buying tropheys you know :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

DJCR wrote: »
    If it was 1994 I'd say nothing like a great defence!!! But now I'd say your just jealous!!!

Its not all about buying tropheys you know :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jealous of what exactly? Unprecedented success from Man Utd in comparison to the great defence :D That did get a laugh out of me alright, I didnt know ye were such comedians too :P

I'm just kidding, Ye weren't called boring boring Arsenal for nothing though! :pac:

Good turnout tonight, albeit mostly non-boardsies, we had 15 in total, and got a game going for an hour before being kicked off by someone who had it "booked" bah!!

Next game scheduled for Monday night at 10pm.

Hey Mossin I (we) done the double on ya today :):):):)

But I still feel like I wanna break your legs you tricky ****e ya!! (I mean that in the nicest way of course)

Jealous of what exactly? Unprecedented success from Man Utd in comparison to the great defence :D That did get a laugh out of me alright, I didnt know ye were such comedians too :P

I'm just kidding, Ye weren't called boring boring Arsenal for nothing though! :pac:

Still, it inspired the greatest song of all time - 1 nil to the Arsenal, 1 nil to the Arsenal........... the words are the same, but Jesus the vocals were amazing :D:D:D:D:D:D

Ok so .....

Who's up for tommorrow night @ 10pm on the astroturf ????

I'll be there alongside most of the lads that came with me last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

10 is a tad bit late isn't it? I'll be there though! I regret not going to Wednesday due to a "poker" game that never happened... I'll be the guy with white nike boots with a yellow football. It'd be hard to miss me...

I agree that 10 is a bit late, but its about the only time we have a chance of getting the astro to ourselves tbh.

It'll be good to see you there. I'll be there with a red football, and my United shirt :D

I'll be there too - Gonna go Frenchy style!!!

French Jersey with Henry 12 on the Back!!!

Plus if your slightly late I'll be the guy that looks lost !!!! :):):) :L :L : L

I'll be there too - Gonna go Frenchy style!!!

French Jersey with Henry 12 on the Back!!!

Plus if your slightly late I'll be the guy that looks lost !!!! :):):) :L :L : L

You fecking hypocrite! Giving out about me wearing a french top last week!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You fecking hypocrite! Giving out about me wearing a french top last week!! :rolleyes:

Pas comment - je ne parle pas anglais????

Quest-que tu a dis???

Je besoin un traducteur mais rencontre, il y a juste un Thierry Henry!!!!!!

Now that was a good game tonight (mainly because we won, of course :-) )

Edit: http://www.astro.ie/competitions.asp?CompetitionAssociationID=1&CompetitionLocationID=11

Now that was a good game tonight (mainly because we won, of course :-) )

Edit: http://www.astro.ie/competitions.asp?CompetitionAssociationID=1&CompetitionLocationID=11

Champioooooneees Championnnneeees ole ole ole

Champioooooneees Championnnneeees ole ole ole !!!!

I'm as gracious in winning as I am in defeat:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah yeah :p

Kick a man while he's down [and suffering a savage sore body today].

I take solice in scoring the goal of the game though :D

Until next week lads!

Champioooooneees Championnnneeees ole ole ole

Champioooooneees Championnnneeees ole ole ole !!!!

I'm as gracious in winning as I am in defeat:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Know who I am yet? :cool:

Know who I am yet? :cool:

Yeah dude - you are so reported next time I see you under non-meeting circumstances.

On again tonight?

Yeah I'll be there...injured and all [bruised metatarsal] but I'll soldier on...

Afaik, IDPlease wont be there or Tom who got badly injured last week, everyone else should be there.

I'll be there too!!!!!!

I'll be wearing an Ireland Jersey... COME ON TRAPP!!!
    I can also confirm that Tom won't be coming..... just asked him to be REF but he said the Crutches would be an unneccesary danger on the pitch :)

Might be late though .... Arsenal v Cardiff wont be ver till about a quater to!!!

• Advertisement

Poor turnout last night...only 8 players [although a 9th showed up later]

A 4-a-side game [turned into a 4 vs 5 game] was played. Absolutely mind-shatteringly physical with DJCR the main culprit :pac:

Although he did produce 2 momemorable pieces of skill, for which I had to applaud.

Hopefully next week we can have a return of the full compliment of players.

Advertisement