Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Upgrade on Sky EPG last night

Options
  • 09-03-2004 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭

Just checked my telly and finally the new upgrade on the EPG has come through

Some major changes expected to take place on the Sky EPG .
    From Tuesday 2nd March 2004 the latest software-3.2 will be released and downloaded to Pace digiboxes. ( My box is a grundig)

7-Day Advance PPV booking
    Message Alert Option
    Toggle Reminders/AutoView
    Online Restriction
    Telephone Messages
    Picture Settings
    Low Battery Text Change
    Additional Changes

Heres a link to get extra info on the changes
    http://skydigital.mediabullet.co.uk/index.php?page=newepg04

( My box is a grundig)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

See this
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145162

For details of how the Dual Location Screen Mode feature works

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rizzo the Rat

2 Questions:
    1) does this only apply to people with SKY +?
    2) Do you need to have the phone line connected to your digibox to get this upgrade or will you get it anyway? (i have my phone line now permanently disconected as I have a FTV card)
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

* No. I have the update on an ordinary PACE Digibox.

* Unless required by contract, or you ordering PPV, I would never have phone line. Even so it will not void the contract to unplug phoneline during storm or you are away (unplug box if away more than a day for safety). This may svae your box from damage.

* All SW updates are via Satellite, automatically. Even (especially?) if box is in Standby. In factory I beleive they can use the PC-CArd/PCMCIA/CI type slot at back.

* Sky only update groups of boxes and models to minimise phone support traffic if it goes wrong or people ring in confused about the new features.

* Generally a "forced update" only works if your box "missed" an update. Even in this case it will update eventually. A main use of "Forced update" is install of a older Digibox that has been unplugged long enough to miss updates. See Sticky FAQ.

You don't need to do anything. Your box will upgrade.

We don't accept any responsibility for errors in the posting, but if possible statement of fact is verified by Watty in the Batcave.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rizzo the Rat

Thanks Lurking, your helpful advice is much appreciated as always.

Advertisement