Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTA satellite + FTA terrestrial

• 08-03-2004 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if there's a company that produces an FTA satellite box with built in terrestrial tuner? This would be handy for my parents, who then would be able to channel surf without switching over and back to AV.

Also, out of interest, are there terrestrial televisions with built in FTA satellite tuners?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

No. I never heard of a Satellite Receiver with analog UHF tuner.

Yes there are TVs with FTA Digital Satellite tuner. But they are madly overpriced.

On my TV set, pressing standby on either the Digibox or the Palcom DSL4, the TV reverts to last TV aerial channel.

Same applies if I manually press the Real on/off switch my DVD player has.

What you want is unlikey to exist.

Even if you did have a TV with built in Satellite or a Satellite Receiver with Analog Aerial tuner, you would have the same or more amount of button pressing.

Any "integrated" Analog / Digital tuner TV will not simply have analog TV and Satellite on the same range of numbers. You will have to do something similar to pressing AV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Any "integrated" Analog / Digital tuner TV will not simply have analog TV and Satellite on the same range of numbers. You will have to do something similar to pressing AV.

Ah, you understand what I mean. It's a shame they don't produce such a product, as far as I can see it's just a case of a few extra lines of software in the integrated television.

Advertisement