Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

cheapish place to get exhaust done

• 26-03-2008 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

It has finally come to a point where exhaust in my VW Polo needs attention.
    Hopefully it is not the cat that is gone!

Anyway, I was wondering where would you have the exhaust checked
    and repaired ?

Would any of these '4 tyres', 'quick stop' etc shops be any
    good ? How would they compare to regular car garages
    to source the parts and weld/install them ?

Any thoughts appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭barthek

anyone please ? c'mon! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

From my experience, anyone that I know who has had to get an exhaust replaced or repaired on their car has gone to a "Advanced Tyres", "Qwik Fit" type of place. So yeah that would be my first port of call if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Had a failure for a cracked exhaust from the NCT. Got the middle and back box replaced at fast fit in about 30mins. They cut off the old one and attached the new parts - dont think there was any welding involved. Passed the NCT after the operation(emissions). The work is generally guaranteed for a number of year with exhausts

Advertisement