Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

hkc 812 zone problem!? maybe not?

• 29-07-2015 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Have an 812 someone ripped out old pcb as was faulty. Local installer I assist needed a hand on this job.
    I've all zones traced ( cables were unmarked)
    Zone 6 ( a contact) shows open all time.
    I've shorted the zone and it closes so I know it's not the new pcb.
    I tested the contact on zone cables (red and black) when open window lose continuity and close it I get it again. Test tamper have continuity, open it I lose it. So in theory works fine.
    Put back into zone shows open even though window closed.
    Done walk test not registering there either.

Ideas????
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

What ohms reading do you get on the cable at the panel with the contact connected?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ei0675

What ohms reading do you get on the cable at the panel with the contact connected?

I'll check now in mo I'll reconnect contact to zone, what should I be getting??

Depends on the cable length should be low but

Faulty contact I think other zones reading 3.5 it's reading 13.8

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

13.8 is not great, but the zone should close.
    Is zone hardware set to non EOL?

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote:
    13.8 is not great, but the zone should close. Is zone hardware set to non EOL?

That's what in thought

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Tamper cores conflicting with zone cores?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That would have been my next step.
    Close off the tamper at the panel & wire in the alarm pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

ei0675 wrote: »
    Have an 812 someone ripped out old pcb as was faulty. Local installer I assist needed a hand on this job.
    I've all zones traced ( cables were unmarked)
    Zone 6 ( a contact) shows open all time.
    I've shorted the zone and it closes so I know it's not the new pcb.
    I tested the contact on zone cables (red and black) when open window lose continuity and close it I get it again. Test tamper have continuity, open it I lose it. So in theory works fine.
    Put back into zone shows open even though window closed.
    Done walk test not registering there either.

Ideas????
    Cheers.

It you close off the tamper plus the zone and it shows open I would assume you have either one of the tamper cables touching off the open/close loop or you have a crossed cable on this zone. Can you just use two cores and wire the device duel end of line?

altor wrote: »
    It you close off the tamper plus the zone and it shows open I would assume you have either one of the tamper cables touching off the open/close loop or you have a crossed cable on this zone. Can you just use two cores and wire the device duel end of line?
    It's non eol, belled out alarm cores and tamper cores both were Ok but once in panel was showing open. Belled out red/blue and black/yellow and visa versa. No issue. Replaced contact.All sorted now.

Cheers for replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

ei0675 wrote: »
    It's non eol, belled out alarm cores and tamper cores both were Ok but once in panel was showing open. Belled out red/blue and black/yellow and visa versa. No issue. Replaced contact.All sorted now.

Cheers for replies

Contact was causing the crossover of the alarm and tamper loop.
    This is why it was showing open.

Advertisement