Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Text service being removed from Eircom Landlines

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dazcon

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me where I can buy a standalone voice dialler to use with a HKC SW 8/12 .
    I have digi modem text card on the panel which now no longer works on my land line. I just want to use an output from the panel to trigger a recorded call . Anyone I spoke to is trying to sell me either a new panel or GSM Dialer which I don't want to do .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any of the suppliers listed in the sticky would have these in stock.
    Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭altor

Dazcon wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can anyone tell me where I can buy a standalone voice dialler to use with a HKC SW 8/12 .
    I have digi modem text card on the panel which now no longer works on my land line. I just want to use an output from the panel to trigger a recorded call . Anyone I spoke to is trying to sell me either a new panel or GSM Dialer which I don't want to do .

This one in northwood will do what you want.
    You can trigger it off your bell too if you dont have the engineer code for setting up the outputs.

Also if you want to add something like this it could also be done :)

Thanks for the info.
    That one linked seems to be what I am looking for and had intended activating it from the bell output. I'm based in Naas so if there is anywhere nearer that supply it would be easier to collect from. Regards

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

RWL or REW in Ballymount wouldn't be too far a spin.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info.
    That one linked seems to be what I am looking for and had intended activating it from the bell output. I'm based in Naas so if there is anywhere nearer that supply it would be easier to collect from. Regards

Give some local suppliers a ring. Here is the list we have here.

Thanks
    I'll start on the list and see what's closest. I'll let you know how I get on .

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Hi

I have a 6 year old hkc sw8/12 will a gsm-q work with it???

Thanks

eiei0 wrote: »
    Hi

I have a 6 year old hkc sw8/12 will a gsm-q work with it???

Thanks

There was talk of a GSM-Q coming out in the extender but as yet no.

Tried Northwood but they only supply to the trade and the others don't seem to do them. If I bought one in the UK would it work on the Irish network ?.

This one is the same from GJD
    gjd.co.uk/products/speech-diallers/pstn-autodialler/

• Advertisement

Tried Northwood but they only supply to the trade and the others don't seem to do them. If I bought one in the UK would it work on the Irish network ?.

This one is the same from GJD
    gjd.co.uk/products/speech-diallers/pstn-autodialler/

A lot of them say this over the phone but if you go in with cash they are happy to sell the product.
    The one you linked to is the same unit being sold over here.
    If you have any issues just say you work for ABC alarms.
    Works with tech support also :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

altor wrote: »
    A lot of them say this over the phone but if you go in with cash they are happy to sell the product.
    The one you linked to is the same unit being sold over here.
    If you have any issues just say you work for ABC alarms.
    Works with tech support also :D

If you want something delivered will they accept that though if you say you're that or would they want PSA License etc?

I needed Tech Support to fix our access control so I rang the manufacturer and they were happy to help (a very well known brand whom I won't name, but we all know who it is). Just didn't seem to care, never asked and obviously didn't give a dam.

If they want to get out of delivering it they may give you that excuse.

Mr. G wrote: »
    If you want something delivered will they accept that though if you say you're that or would they want PSA License etc?

I needed Tech Support to fix our access control so I rang the manufacturer and they were happy to help (a very well known brand whom I won't name, but we all know who it is). Just didn't seem to care, never asked and obviously didn't give a dam.

Its worth a try if you want anything delivered. Most will do this for you anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Draccon

Heres my questions

I have a Hkc sw-1070 system install in my house in late 2011 (not sure of the version, could be HYBRID)

From What I Could find out on they internet that it was a Hybrid System with a text/voice dialer on it

The thing is, dose it need a new board added to the system, to convert from text system to a Voice System ???

Heres the funny thing...

This happen they other day, I had the Alarm Sytem partially set and forgot, and open a window, they alarm went off,
    and a munite or so later, i got a call to my mobile with a voice message as follows "plesae press zero to confirm message" from my home number...
    So I set the alarm off a second time and the same happened... after the alarm went off...

So I am a bit confused ???? not sure what needs to be done ???? does my system already have a voive dialer, do I need it replace ????

Have been told I need this and that, it will cost this much....... or do I just need it configured ????

Would appreciate any help on this....

It sounds like you already have a working voice dialler. Your alarm activates and it rings you with a message.Unless you want some other features there is no need to change anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Draccon

Thank for the quick reply, :)

It Rings but only says "please press zero to confirm message" it takes about a minute or two before the message comes thru.

Quick Question about Engineers Code, the company that installed the system would not give them to me when I got the system put in, do the have to give them to me if I ask ????

They don't have to provide you with their code. But most company's will facilitate you by changing it for you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

altor wrote:
    A lot of them say this over the phone but if you go in with cash they are happy to sell the product. The one you linked to is the same unit being sold over here. If you have any issues just say you work for ABC alarms. Works with tech support also

By cash I assume you mean offer to pay including VAT upfront yes?

Draccon wrote: »
    Heres my questions

I have a Hkc sw-1070 system install in my house in late 2011 (not sure of the version, could be HYBRID)

From What I Could find out on they internet that it was a Hybrid System with a text/voice dialer on it

The thing is, dose it need a new board added to the system, to convert from text system to a Voice System ???

Heres the funny thing...

This happen they other day, I had the Alarm Sytem partially set and forgot, and open a window, they alarm went off,
    and a munite or so later, i got a call to my mobile with a voice message as follows "plesae press zero to confirm message" from my home number...
    So I set the alarm off a second time and the same happened... after the alarm went off...

So I am a bit confused ???? not sure what needs to be done ???? does my system already have a voive dialer, do I need it replace ????

Have been told I need this and that, it will cost this much....... or do I just need it configured ????

Would appreciate any help on this....

Was the zone audio not set up?

The DTV off the SecureWave can do text and voice so you should not need any hardware change if you have this fitted.

• Advertisement

Stoner wrote: »
    By cash I assume you mean offer to pay including VAT upfront yes?

Absolutely, my term cash just meant once you go in with money to buy the product :D

So , I picked up the GJD auto dialler and am looking at installation. It requires a switched negative to trigger it . My HKC 8/12 has , according to the manual got four outputs - Fire ,PA, alarm , arm disarm . Can I take it from one of these or can I just connect into the external bell output ?.

Those outputs can be programmed via the engineer menu. Alternatively connect the trigger to the internal negative.

i saw that the outputs can be programmed . I don't get what you mean by the internal negative .

At the panel you will have two connections for the internal siren. + & -. Connect to the negative (-).

i saw that the outputs can be programmed . I don't get what you mean by the internal negative .

The output needs a 12V supply to be triggered when the alarm is activated. If you connect the positive to the 12V in the control panel and the the negative from the output negative of the internal bell this will trigger the dialer to ring your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 eoin8

I signed up to hkc securetext, I have a 1070 panel. I changed the SMS server number and tried to send a test text but it failed to send. It's an eircom line, not a private number, Even so I tried the alternative server number but test text still failed to send. Anyone else any ideas what the issue could be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Try prefixing the outbound service centre number with 142 to override any caller display preferences on the line for outgoing calls.

There's no need for any pauses just 142 directly ahead of the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 eoin8

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Try prefixing the outbound service centre number with 142 to override any caller display preferences on the line for outgoing calls.

There's no need for any pauses just 142 directly ahead of the number.

I tried the 142 but still failed to send.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Did you enter the correct landline number when signing up ?
    Did you change the server number to HKCs 100%?

Advertisement