Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Writer: Law enforcement: radio language Q.

• 12-01-2015 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Writer here with a Q again. I may be wrong but I am hoping some of ye may also be interested in police stuff and that might include radio/comms language.

Ok my man is an MI5 agent, and there is a big surveillance of a suspect going on. So suddenly the target makes a move to take evasive action and lose them ... What does the on-site surveillance agent who spots it call into his radio ?

It may be a silly Q but I just can't think of the best word ... "Alert ! target is on the run !" "Emergency ! Alert target is on the run !"

Sounds like a silly question but I just can't think of the right word .. :rolleyes:

Tks in advance for any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

Jeez, lad.

We don't have any radios. You would probably get an answer in Smiley's People or may be James Bond film would have something up to date.

I remember a story about someone warning Groucho Marx that his wife was attending an event and he said "Don't worry, the Marx spots the ex"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Piliger wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Writer here with a Q again. I may be wrong but I am hoping some of ye may also be interested in police stuff and that might include radio/comms language.

Ok my man is an MI5 agent, and there is a big surveillance of a suspect going on. So suddenly the target makes a move to take evasive action and lose them ... What does the on-site surveillance agent who spots it call into his radio ?

It may be a silly Q but I just can't think of the best word ... "Alert ! target is on the run !" "Emergency ! Alert target is on the run !"

Sounds like a silly question but I just can't think of the right word .. :rolleyes:

Tks in advance for any ideas.

Er dunno what it has to do with shooting....But to answer your question from someone who has been there....Its agreed before hand at a pre mission breifing what your codes are... Could be something like a numerical code like US LEO use eg a 2/11 (armed robbety in progress) or simply "Mike here lost the f***er outside Tescos."
    But it mostly something here like "Nr 6 lost sight of target on route blue .Request further instructions and team call positions! It depends on mission protocol how clued in your target is to counter surveillance and how well your team has been breifed . Is this a routine day to day surveillance or just an utter fresh never done before tail.
    KISS always applies .
    Hope this helps
    Grizzly 45.
    PS your man wont be followed by MI 5. There is a special unit tasked for surveillance by both 5 and SIS called the watchers...And they are very ,very good.If they have someone "boxed" in surveillance speak they will have a job breaking out of a tail.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

how about "The Mark is taking counter-surveillance measures"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Ok Ok ... I get it. I was mistaken :) Thanks for the help guys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Er dunno what it has to do with shooting....But to answer your question from someone who has been there....Its agreed before hand at a pre mission breifing what your codes are... Could be something like a numerical code like US LEO use eg a 2/11 (armed robbety in progress) or simply "Mike here lost the f***er outside Tescos."
    But it mostly something here like "Nr 6 lost sight of target on route blue .Request further instructions and team call positions! It depends on mission protocol how clued in your target is to counter surveillance and how well your team has been breifed . Is this a routine day to day surveillance or just an utter fresh never done before tail.
    KISS always applies .
    Hope this helps
    Grizzly 45.
    PS your man wont be followed by MI 5. There is a special unit tasked for surveillance by both 5 and SIS called the watchers...And they are very ,very good.If they have someone "boxed" in surveillance speak they will have a job breaking out of a tail.
    agree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭coolhandluke

Operator (call sign) to Base (call sign), Target (call sign) is..............

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭waulie_palnuts

Hi guys,

"Alert ! target is on the run !" "Emergency ! Alert target is on the run !"

Imagine giving arrival like that "Alert, Alert *insert callign* Alert, That's arrival at Lidl"

Imagine giving arrival like that "Alert, Alert *insert callign* Alert, That's arrival at Lidl"

:D:D Hence my need for help :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭Mech1

Greenman last seen turning left onto ........., contact lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

Maybe something like:

"Agent 1 to base". "Target is on the run!" "Repeat! Target is on the run!"

• Advertisement

Edser wrote: »
    Maybe something like:

"Agent 1 to base". "Target is on the run!" "Repeat! Target is on the run!"
    Hmmm. Good idea. As expected I should have thought of that :D Though something in my head is still thinking there is an alert word ... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

What does the on-site surveillance agent who spots it call into his radio ?

Primary is moving with purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

op there is no, one way, of doing this. Different agency's /forces will use different lingo. Just use what sounds good to you.

bravestar wrote: »
    op there is no, one way, of doing this. Different agency's /forces will use different lingo. Just use what sounds good to you.
    I agree. I made an elementary mistake of conflating guns with this topic and I'm sorry I dragged all of you guys off topic....

MANY thanks for the help.

Advertisement