Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I just googled that now as I'd never heard it before. fcking hell

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

If I wasn't up at 6a.m I'd be throwing on Lady and the Tramp or Wall-e now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I just googled that now as I'd never heard it before. fcking hell

It's pretty grim, poor mite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

just found out recently that burt reynolds does the voice of charlie in all dogs! quality stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Oh you have to watch All Dogs Go To Heaven. Brilliant movie.

Another old one is The Last Unicorn. Some of my very first memories were of that movie. Took me ages to find out the title so I could buy the DVD. Always believed that unicorns really did end up in the sea and would watch the waves for ages looking for the tip of a unicorn :)

• Advertisement

Many, many Saturday morning spent watching .....

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Love Michael J Fox :) and not just Back to the Future, Doc Hollywood, Secret of my Success, Casualties of War and Teen Wolf :).

Secret of my Success was top class, very well written and well acted. Funny as fuck!

Ha it really is just terrible, and quite gross. If your looking for some bad horror check out Slither.

Aye...and seeing as we're talking about dodgy horrors, Teeth gets my vote. Weird, just plain weird!!

Did anyone ever watch these guys? :)

Here's nostalgia for ya, I was quite sick as kid and one day, to cheer me up, my mam came home with a hand puppet (which was a wabbit) and a vhs to keep me entertained. The vhs was of a show that involved, to the best of my recollection, a family of beavers, or otters, that lived in a little wooden house. Outside the house was a big tree with a birds nest. 2 of the most sarcastic, wise assed crows lived in the nest. For the life of me, and numerous internet searches, I can't remember the name of the vhs, but my god, they made me so happy!

IIf any of ye know what I'm on about I'll owe you a life debt!

Cartoon nostalgia eh, I give you Anamaniacs and Pink and the Brain quality :), then younger stuff Shoe People :)

Here's nostalgia for ya, I was quite sick as kid and one day, to cheer me up, my mam came home with a hand puppet (which was a wabbit) and a vhs to keep me entertained. The vhs was of a show that involved, to the best of my recollection, a family of beavers, or otters, that lived in a little wooden house. Outside the house was a big tree with a birds nest. 2 of the most sarcastic, wise assed crows lived in the nest. For the life of me, and numerous internet searches, I can't remember the name of the vhs, but my god, they made me so happy!

IIf any of ye know what I'm on about I'll owe you a life debt!

That really sounds familiar but can't put a name on it.

• Advertisement

CC was it an animated cartoon or a puppet show like Bosco/Muppets?

First thing I thought of was Angry Beavers but that's a new enough show.

Love the challenge of finding it out though :)

That really sounds familiar but can't put a name on it.

I think she may have gotten it in Crazy Prices, which is now Tesco, in the Square. I'd love to find out what it was. Thinking of making it my lifes mission.

I see your shoe people and raise you Fraggle Rock :)

Night people.....

3v2n11.jpg

Un-real nostaglia going on here tonight lads im loving it!! haha :D

Love the turtles! No.1 for me also!!!

Can't forget Thundercats or Samurai Pizza Cats :)

Can't link video at the moment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Aye...and seeing as we're talking about dodgy horrors, Teeth gets my vote. Weird, just plain weird!!

I flipping love Teeth, just think you can't take it too seriously.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Now I kind of want to watch Evil Dead. (Old ones, not the new one)

• Advertisement

I flipping love Teeth, just think you can't take it too seriously.

Hilarously good movies, the bit at the end where it just flops to the floor. Comic genius!

I've been instructed to get up early go pay the credit union, and go buy my man a nice sausage and bread roll in Superquinn, which involves driving through he WALKINSTOWN ROUNDABOUT!!!!!, I'm quit tipsy atm.... which means I'll be slightly hungover tomorrow morning. She may go and shite for her sausage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

God House of Leaves has seriously gotten under my skin. Haven't even picked up the damn thing today but remembering how freaked out I was last night has gotten me freaked out again. Stupid book.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Hilarously good movies, the bit at the end where it just flops to the floor. Comic genius!

I've been instructed to get up early go pay the credit union, and go buy my man a nice sausage and bread roll in Superquinn, which involves driving through he WALKINSTOWN ROUNDABOUT!!!!!, I'm quit tipsy atm.... which means I'll be slightly hungover tomorrow morning. She may go and shite for her sausage!!!

What is with people hating the walkinstown roundabout??
    It's still a round about to me but I know loads of people who hate it and avoid it if they can

What is with people hating the walkinstown roundabout??
    It's still a round about to me but I know loads of people who hate it and avoid it if they can

It's a nightmare, it's kill or be killed, nobody gives a fiddlers how they go through it. If I couldIid never go near the bloody thing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

A 3-laned roundabout, there's no feckin' logic to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

jenizzle wrote: »
    A 3-laned roundabout, there's no feckin' logic to it!

There is logic to a 3 lane roundabout, it's just a shame that so many people try to drive round it without applying any logic!

Also, assuming you mean the Walkinstown roundabout!

Went down to Tesco to get bread and milk and came back with a Blu-Ray player, Brave, coffee and a packet of apple slices! :D D'OH!! I have a Panasonic Viera HD smart TV, and got a Panasonic Blu-Ray player for €69!!! :eek: Feckin' bargain, how could I turn it down? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

32645544.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nice one PKM!
    I won a PS3 in a competition years ago, so it's my bluray player!

• Advertisement

Cheers lads. Don't have any Blu-Ray discs though except for a special edition of Beauty and the Beast I got for the kids a while ago. Stuck it on thinking there can't be THAT much of a difference....but astounded at the HUGE difference!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement