Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung galaxy s3 cracked screen

• 03-10-2012 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Long story short my brother was tripped up by my dog and the phone landed on one of the corners and the screen cracked...
    He only got it about 2 months ago. Would the cracked screen be covered by the warranty?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

not unless you have insurance.
    Same thing happened to me last week and it's going to cost me €160 to replace at fonemenders. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

Blazer wrote: »
    not unless you have insurance.
    Same thing happened to me last week and it's going to cost me €160 to replace at fonemenders. :(

Go to star mobiles in blanch nd it should only be bout 50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

multimate wrote: »

For the screen and digitiser + labour ?

Stick that in bargain alerts forum :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

As a matter of interest, did either of the phones have any sort of protective case on them?

nope :(
    Although I don't think it would have done any good as mine landed on a corner of the glass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

Jarren wrote: »
    multimate wrote: »

For the screen and digitiser + labour ?

Stick that in bargain alerts forum :pac:
    I got the legend screen replaced for 50 but I think that might only have been digitizer cracked

• Registered Users Posts: 31 crazyjulien88

mine broken falling on a carpet floor...called samsung who told me to send it to their technician...which might take up to 10 days! anybody care to give a cheap place to get new screen in the city centre (don't really fancy going all way to blanch)

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

10 days :eek:

I had a HTC repaired under warranty and the turnaround was 5 days. Courier collected and returned door to door.

mine broken falling on a carpet floor...called samsung who told me to send it to their technician...which might take up to 10 days! anybody care to give a cheap place to get new screen in the city centre (don't really fancy going all way to blanch)

cheers

lucky bastard..there's an guy in malahide in dublin who'll do it in 15 minutes for you... he's getting excellent reviews.

http://www.adverts.ie/repair-services/samsung-galaxy-s1-i9000-s1-i9001-s2-i9100-quick-lcd-repair-genuine/1103250

I'm down in limerick so have to do without it for 2 days :(
    I'm actually tempted to drive up there as I'm going abroad in a few weeks and want it done before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 crazyjulien88

yes 10 days...and they might come to me and say actually you'll have to pay for the repair...starting to think it'd be quicker going in fonemenders pay and get insurance (just to be safe)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Can anyone comment on the quality of replacement S3 screens from the likes of Fonemenders etc, are they the same quality and resolution as the official Samsung screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 chloe2013

biebiebie wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, did either of the phones have any sort of protective case on them?

My galaxy 3 screen cracked yesterday and I had a samsung flip cover on it and no insurance got a quote off 120 to fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

chloe2013 wrote: »
    My galaxy 3 screen cracked yesterday and I had a samsung flip cover on it and no insurance got a quote off 120 to fix it

I been told you can't a 3rd party screen for a samsung phone. Hence why its so expensive to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Vitamin T

chloe2013 wrote: »

Hey Chloe, where did you get that quote of 120? Cracked my screen today so trying to find somewhere that does the cheapest fix.

One guy mentioned FM Mobiles on Georges Street. Anybody know anything about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 chloe2013

Hi Vitamine t i got the quote from click they have a store in maynooth but if you look up their website they'll have a list of locations in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭oirishfruitie

Cracked screen on S3 mini - any follow on suggestions on price and who to do it?
    Thanks

Advertisement