Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

neonsofa wrote: »
    There is a security guard in another local spar that regularly asks people to move on if they are hanging around outside the shop being anti social. I am aware that they cant do more than that but if the staff aren't made aware of what is going on directly outside their premises (not on the road but literally at the door) then they certainly can't do anything, so there is no harm in discreetly telling them what is happening to their customers every time they visit the shop. I am not blaming the shop or complaining about the staff, I am just saying what happened and that I no longer go as a result.

I'm sure they know well, only have to look at most shops and ATM they're hanging around, it's policing and how society now must just put up with whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I'm sure they know well, only have to look at most shops and ATM they're hanging around, it's policing and how society now must just put up with whatever.

They may have assumed he is not hassling any body in such an aggressive manner. Initially he wasnt, it was only when he became sexually inappropriate that I brought it to their attention myself because its a safety issue then, not just customers but staff too. Its one thing having people hanging at atm asking for spare change as people pass, its a whole different thing having someone regularly intimidate customers so much that they avoid the shop. Whether they can control it or not, there is a duty of care to let staff know to stay safe/look after each other etc and to be aware. If they already know then no harm done like.

They may have assumed he is not hassling any body in such an aggressive manner. Initially he wasnt, it was only when he became sexually inappropriate that I brought it to their attention myself because its a safety issue then, not just customers but staff too. Its one thing having people hanging at atm asking for spare change as people pass, its a whole different thing having someone regularly intimidate customers so much that they avoid the shop. Whether they can control it or not, there is a duty of care to let staff know to stay safe/look after each other etc and to be aware. If they already know then no harm done like.

Fully appreciate that and it really is terrible, that is not on at all....

As I mentioned was it here or other page to get onto TD for area and Garda station. It's not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Its absolutely not on. I've seen this dude too, can fully appreciate why he would be very intimidating to some.

My recommendation would be to find the Community Guard for the area and make the report to him or her, they have more immediate connections to the Dublin regional homeless executive and the likes. Also, report to local Councillors rather than TDs, again their ground game is better. You'll find the members for the Castleknock LEA on the Fingal website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Popped into Molloys yesterday evening. The tent and guy were no longer in the green area opposite it/Spar.

• Advertisement

ongarboy wrote: »
    Popped into Molloys yesterday evening. The tent and guy were no longer in the green area opposite it/Spar.

He has moved further down where the trees are. He was there at around 4 ish yesterday when I drove past.

He has moved further down where the trees are. He was there at around 4 ish yesterday when I drove past.

Thats a different tent, saw both separately a few nights ago.

Larbre34 wrote: »

There was still all his stuff further down though, just his green tent in at the trees rather than the other where he usually is. I assumed it was due to the storm, more sheltered up further and a more sturdy tent it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Larbre34 wrote: »

Yes, but both are his. I posted on the past page. I saw him moving his stuff from the one opposite Molloys to the one up towards the fire station.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭smree

Yes, but both are his. I posted on the past page. I saw him moving his stuff from the one opposite Molloys to the one up towards the fire station.

Yeah, it's the same guy. I changed the time I went to the shops because when I went in the mornings, he never said anything but he'd walk up behind me and now he's moved to facing where I live. I put a report in with homelessdublin.ie. Hoping they can help because I don't think it a police matter, they can only really tell him to move. Frustratingly I don't think we have the services to help someone who has fallen through the cracks and seems to have mental health issues but we should.

• Advertisement

It will take someone to be hurt but most likely killed before they'll do a thing about it....

smree wrote: »
    Yeah, it's the same guy. I changed the time I went to the shops because when I went in the mornings, he never said anything but he'd walk up behind me and now he's moved to facing where I live. I put a report in with homelessdublin.ie. Hoping they can help because I don't think it a police matter, they can only really tell him to move. Frustratingly I don't think we have the services to help someone who has fallen through the cracks and seems to have mental health issues but we should.

Multiple homeless services have actually already tried to help him as far as I'm aware.

Multiple homeless services have actually already tried to help him as far as I'm aware.

Then its absolutely a policing matter. Nobody is obliged to put up with hassle and intimidation of themselves or their families while going about their business in their local community.

And quite honestly, he needs protecting from himself. One of these days he'll hassle the wrong person's family and they will go after him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Polar101

A post on Paul Donnelly TD's Facebook page about fireworks being sold to kids in Dublin 15. Apparently he's gotten a lot of complaints about the noise.
    https://www.facebook.com/PaulDonnellySF/

I guess it's an early Halloween this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,818 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Polar101 wrote: »
    A post on Paul Donnelly TD's Facebook page about fireworks being sold to kids in Dublin 15. Apparently he's gotten a lot of complaints about the noise.

Heard loads going off last night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Seve OB wrote: »
    Heard loads going off last night
    I was driving from the Centre back on to the n3 in the middle of the day yesterday and I heard them going off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭Caranica

Been going on since Monday here but for weeks in some parts of Dublin. So unfair on residents and animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Polar101 wrote: »

All week i have heard them, my dogs go nuts. They were going off at 2.30am last night.
    Also heard that they are firing them at people, a friend said his car was targeted when they launched one inside his car causing damage.

Scum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Fireworks rarely last more than a few minutes. Unless they had a rolling barrage of them and literally a truck load.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Interesting he's posting about it - Saw some kids chucking bangers at cars while driving past the NAC yesterday.

• Advertisement

beauf wrote: »
    Fireworks rarely last more than a few minutes. Unless they had a rolling barrage of them and literally a truck load.

Ten minutes+ almost every hour from 6 to midnight for the last 6 nights plus random barrages during daylight. Don't know where they're getting them but supply isn't an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I thought we were talking about the castle because I heard them in the distance.

I realise now you're talking kids setting them off day and night. I've not heard that. They are illegal anyway aren't they.

beauf wrote: »
    I thought we were talking about the castle because I heard them in the distance.

I realise now you're talking kids setting them off day and night. I've not heard that. They are illegal anyway aren't they.

In the south they're illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Polar101

Loads of 'bangers' (or whatever they're called) going off in Ongar Green this evening as well. But that wouldn't be too unusual on a weekend night.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,818 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

In the south they're illegal

South of what? Dublin 15?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Seve OB wrote: »
    South of what? Dublin 15?
    South of the Northern Ireland/Republic of Ireland border.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

daymobrew wrote: »
    South of the Northern Ireland/Republic of Ireland border.
    Talk about been convoluted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Was bad all day here,between that and dodging electric scooters and scramblers it's so annoying. And not a Garda in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

I wouldn't normally notice this type of thing but I can't believe the amount going off in the early evening time over the last two weeks.

• Advertisement

That's what I don't get, what's the point of fireworks before dark? At the weekend they started at lunchtime!

Advertisement