Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Plus 10 wrote: »
    Any advise on this would be appreciated.

Attempted to book a Ryanair flight a while back - went through to the confirm stage - clicked confirm but the internet page went to an error page before I got a confirm number. Checked my e-mail and received no confirmation so I assumed that the flight booking did not go through.

Went back the 2 days later and booked a slightly different flight instead (different time). Was shocked to then subsequently receive a Ryanair e-mail with confirmation of the original attempted booking - checked my cc statement and was charged.

No joy in contacting Ryanair - or should I say when I did contact them they said tough!

Contacted the cc company and they said I need to take it up with Ryanair - have I got a case - was thinking of putting more pressure on the cc company?

The money isn't huge but its the principal - any advise?

Not a whole lot you can do , you booked 2 non-refundable flights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

No Offence to the OP, but the only principle is the fact that you dont know how the internet works. When you submit data in a form on a website. It usually gets sent, and the confirmation page gets sent to you. If the confirmation page does not come up, you should try to refresh that page. If still nothing, do not assume that the original request did not go through. You should have checked with ryanair before booking again.

I dont mean to sound argumentative, but its not like they have ripped you off, its a mistake you made.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Plus 10, did you check the "manage my booking" section to see if your booking existed? There you just need date of flight, email address and origin and destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

syklops wrote: »
    No Offence to the OP, but the only principle is the fact that you dont know how the internet works. When you submit data in a form on a website. It usually gets sent, and the confirmation page gets sent to you. If the confirmation page does not come up, you should try to refresh that page. If still nothing, do not assume that the original request did not go through. You should have checked with ryanair before booking again.

I dont mean to sound argumentative, but its not like they have ripped you off, its a mistake you made.

In fairness, that's fine for people who know that, but most people booking on Ryanair probably won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Plus 10

No didn't check the manage my booking section - In this case I assumed (incorrectly as I am sure will be pointed out) that because I did not receive an e-mail confirmation from [EMAIL="itinerary@ryanair"]itinerary@ryanair[/EMAIL] that the booking did not take place. All previous booking I made I did get this e-mail confirmation so I naively! thought the request wasn't processed.

Guess from whats been said I've no case for argument - my fault - thanks for the replies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

now they are advertising "FREE" flights, but when you try to avail of them, they charge you 2 cent

and then they will only let you pay by laser or credit card, so you have to pay a fee for that as well

now they are advertising "FREE" flights, but when you try to avail of them, they charge you 2 cent

and then they will only let you pay by laser or credit card, so you have to pay a fee for that as well
    Will they not let you pay by Visa Electron?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

No Offence to the OP, but the only principle is the fact that you dont know how the internet works. When you submit data in a form on a website. It usually gets sent, and the confirmation page gets sent to you. If the confirmation page does not come up, you should try to refresh that page.

Sorry but thats the worst advice you can ever give anyone about how "the internet" works. You should never refresh a page that you have submitted unless there is no issue with the transaction being processed twice.
    Everytime you refresh the page its the same as you pressing submit/purchase/confirm/whatever.

If it doesnt work first time and you dont get an email, ring them. End of.

GGGRRRRRRR

Just back from Paris - yes, stupidly I flew with Ryanair but it was a major major price difference. Was last off plane as they took so long to open the back doors and then queued for ages to get through security, there were alot of canadian/usa passport holders in front of us which made it take longer than usual, went out to get on the bus which I had just paid for and was told it was full and there would be another bus in 10 minutes, 10 minutes later, was told it would be another hour before another bus would arrive, there were a good 20 people left standing there with no bus (including me, husband and 4 year old)! the bus eventually arrived funnily enough, when another flight landed. God I was furious. Really don't see the point in complaining, i'll only end up getting stressed about it all over again for nothing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

GGGRRRRRRR

Just back from Paris - yes, stupidly I flew with Ryanair but it was a major major price difference. Was last off plane as they took so long to open the back doors and then queued for ages to get through security, there were alot of canadian/usa passport holders in front of us which made it take longer than usual, went out to get on the bus which I had just paid for and was told it was full and there would be another bus in 10 minutes, 10 minutes later, was told it would be another hour before another bus would arrive, there were a good 20 people left standing there with no bus (including me, husband and 4 year old)! the bus eventually arrived funnily enough, when another flight landed. God I was furious. Really don't see the point in complaining, i'll only end up getting stressed about it all over again for nothing!!

None of this is Ryanair's fault.

• Advertisement

penexpers wrote: »
    None of this is Ryanair's fault.

getting through security, back doors not opening, you're right, not Ryanairs fault. However, it is their bus service, it's not a public bus service, it's provided by Ryanair, and they should provide enough buses to accommodate the amount of people on their flights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

axer wrote: »
    Will they not let you pay by Visa Electron?

if you jump through hoops and apply for one through llyods tsb spain, technically you can

but then of course there is probably set up or annual fees for that

getting through security, back doors not opening, you're right, not Ryanairs fault. However, it is their bus service, it's not a public bus service, it's provided by Ryanair, and they should provide enough buses to accommodate the amount of people on their flights.

It's not provided by Ryanair, it's provided by a private company subcontracted by the airport.

It's not provided by Ryanair, it's provided by a private company subcontracted by the airport.

are you sure about that? if so, fair enough. But the tickets you buy for the bus state, Ryanair bus, and the bus itself, states Ryanair bus.

are you sure about that? if so, fair enough. But the tickets you buy for the bus state, Ryanair bus, and the bus itself, states Ryanair bus.

Actually I just checked up, the bus is actually run by the local chamber of commerce. Nothing to do with Ryanair.

Actually I just checked up, the bus is actually run by the local chamber of commerce. Nothing to do with Ryanair.

fair enough....
    Glad i didn't waste my time complaining
    Still p*ssed off though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I've just booked two return flights to London in January with a Visa electron, grand total 4 cents.
    OK, it's not strictly free, but I'm not complaining

(Thanks for the heads up!)

if you jump through hoops and apply for one through llyods tsb spain, technically you can

but then of course there is probably set up or annual fees for that
    It is just you said:
    which sounded like you were not given the option at all.

fair enough....
    Glad i didn't waste my time complaining
    Still p*ssed off though!!!
    So basically there was nothing wrong with the Ryanair flight except a slight delay in opening the back door. They are not as bad as people make them out to be.

axer wrote: »
    So basically there was nothing wrong with the Ryanair flight except a slight delay in opening the back door. They are not as bad as people make them out to be.

it wasn't even their fault the back door wasn't open on time because the steps weren't in place. I wasn't complaining about the door or security, just the bus, and seeing as it isn't run by them then actually, they didn't do anything wrong (which you'll see I've already accepted!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

The joke is, I am not even sure if there is a sale on, as I was looking at flights from Edinburgh to Dublin over the blackout period near Christmas. I do know they were advertising free flights, just pay taxes, near Christmas and New Year with the usual blackout period and you having to travel Monday to Friday inclusive.

In any case I looked around for different quotes and was about to book a flight for 15GBP (before handling charge) and then I found a flight for 0.02GBP if I left at half 10 on Monday night and came back first thing in the morning on Thursday.

How To Get No Handling Charge with Ryanair Spoiler
    I recently learned a trick, of how to get out of paying the credit card handling charge Ryanair levy on customers, and it works 100%
    All you have to do is book with a Visa Electron card and the charges will be nil. So that means if you book a flight for anywhere from Euro200 to 2c you will not be charged a penny for using the card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Everybody knows that!
    How many Irish banks offer that card? Nil!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Why go to the trouble of putting it in a spoiler?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Why go to the trouble of putting it in a spoiler?

Im not sure really!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Are you looking for a medal or something? How is this a Consumer Issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

snubbleste wrote: »
    Everybody knows that!
    How many Irish banks offer that card? Nil!

Em, Halifax?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved into the Ryanair Megathread

dudara

Em, Halifax?
    They offer Visa Debit not Visa Electron.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

halifax offer electron as a gift card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Just notice while pricing flights for a stag that Ryanair charge different prices for flights based on how many people are in the group.

When I priced flights based on 1 passenger:
    outbound was 29.99
    inbound was 19.99

when I priced based on 11 passengers:

outbound was 59.99
    inbound was 49.99

Same dates, same destination, same times, same flights numbers....

Is this Legal?

Advertisement