Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Needing a hobby or somewhere to volunteer...

Options
  • 03-05-2013 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I just moved to Newbridge a month ago, and love it here (partner grew up here!) but really lacking anything much to do. The job hunt is soul destroying and having things to do and reasons to leave the house, meet people and make friends would be fab!

I'm interested in things like photography, astronomy and I'd love to learn how to be a bit more crafty, so something in that field would be great! But also open minded to trying anything really. I'd also love to know what kind of places I could volunteer at. I've already been in to the local Samaritans and they're not taking new volunteers until August/September ish.

Maybe not a keep fit type class - there are some nearby that I know of already, and I'm just too shy to go to an exercise class by myself. Silly, I know!

I can't drive but public transport is pretty great here, though it'd still need to be in the Naas/Newbridge/Kildare area. Willing to travel though!

Suggestions of where to look for things to do would be welcome too. I'm so new here, so even things that might seem obvious will probably be news to me!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alice carroll

Theres a knitting club in naas library on a wednesday morning and another one in a shop on naas main street called treasure on thursday at 6.30. art classes on a monday night in kildare town in teach dara at 7.30pm- 9pm but not bank holidays. You could volunteer in the handicapped services run by KARE

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭froggie76

Also check out Newbridge library and the parish centre they would have loads of information of things to volunteer for and maybe even some courses or something new for you to try! Also maybe the Newbridge family resource centre. Welcome to Newbridge hope its good to you!

Advertisement