Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Restaurants

• 04-06-2010 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Am going to Newbridge next weekend with the wife and was wondering what are the best places to eat in Newbridge or surrounding areas, I have researched previous posts on the subject but they seem old and not up to date with current menus in some restaurants, any help will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

What style if food are u looking for? My new fav place is in Naas it's called Vie de chateaux, obviously French. There is loads of chinese restaurants, a couple of Italian, and a Thai restaurant in Newbridge itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Foodie2010

Would be looking for normal food, Irish european food as not into the ethnic cuisines.Steak, fish, good wholesome Ieish food, am I looking for too much

Can anyone help for restaurants in Newbridge??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,735 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Foodie2010 wrote: »
    Can anyone help for restaurants in Newbridge??

Have you tried asking in the Kildare forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

l'olivier newbridge is very nice but not Irish food, its a mixture between french and italian. Bizzare style but food lovely and very reasonable wine. My fav dish is the rabbit. Sorry there is no Irish restaurant that I can think of. Check out menu pages for ideas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭foobi

you have probably been and gone from Newbridge at this stage but for future people, L'Oliver in Newbridge is meant to be beautiful. Newbridge itself doesn't have many nice restaurants to be honest, but the Newbridge silverware has a lovely cafe/restaurant which serves extremely nice food. If your willing to venture to Naas (10-15 mins North on Motorway) then they have some really good restaurants... or go to Kildare town (10-15 mins South on the Motorway) and visit Victoria House (think thats the name but its a chinese) or theres a really nice italian on the corner next to a chipper... The italian is amazing. Sorry i'm really bad at names!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 okrfc

The Hangedmans in Milltown Newbridge (out the Rail Station Road) is the best Restaurant by far in Newbridge. Great food at a good price. Worth a visit

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies, went to a place called Harrigans in Newbridge, have to say it was class, food, service, decor & most importantly price. No need to leave Newbridge thank god as taxis I found to be a bit of a rip of I have to say. Have to recommend this place, got what I wanted in the steak category, yum yum yum:):)

Foodie2010

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jockmonster

Hanged mans is just outside Newbridge and certainly is head and shoulders above everything else. Please excuse the description.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Hanged mans is just outside Newbridge and certainly is head and shoulders above everything else. Please excuse the description.

Though this thread is old ( and possibly going to get a prompt from the mods:-)), I will totally agree with Your comment on The Hanged Man. Been there many a time, and never came away disappointed.

If there is anyone looking for directions for THM, take the Milltown Road out of Newbridge ( road directly opposite the PO in Main Street, go to Milltown, and turn left for Kildare, its about 250mts down the road on the right.

Absolutly no affiliation to the Restaurant, just a lover of excellent food, which THM dishes up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement