Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ohhhhh crap

• 02-05-2011 5:36pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure what I've done but I cannot get my phone to work. HTC desire, rooted, I had LeeDroid2.3 on there. Was being a bit buggy so I wanted to upgrade to 2.4. Downloaded it to the sd, used Rom Manager, flashed the clockwork mod, backed up current rom, chose install new rom from sd card, it restarted but now its hanging at the 02 splash screen. Any ideas what I can do to fix this?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

how old is it? amoled or slcd screen?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

It's about a year old, hmm can't remember which screen, how do i tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Dmz1984

Zascar wrote: »
    Not sure what I've done but I cannot get my phone to work. HTC desire, rooted, I had LeeDroid2.3 on there. Was being a bit buggy so I wanted to upgrade to 2.4. Downloaded it to the sd, used Rom Manager, flashed the clockwork mod, backed up current rom, chose install new rom from sd card, it restarted but now its hanging at the 02 splash screen. Any ideas what I can do to fix this?
    Thanks

can you not do the following?

1) turn it off
    2) turn it back on holding the volume button up or down
    3) android boot menu will appear
    4) select recovery using volume up / down to move, power button to select
    5) clockwork loads
    6) do a FULL wipe
    7) then reflash

dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

If it's that old, it should be amoled, the slcd ones only came out around december just gone iirc.

that's good, i may be able to offer a solution as a last resort.

first of all, have to tried to restore a nand backup? does rom manager create a nand backup file?????

if not, can you copy a the previously used rom file to the root of your sd card?
    start the phone in recovery mode - hold volume down and power button. select "flash from sd card" and select the rom file (.zip). then leave it for a few minutes to load.

do you have a relatively recent titanium back up saved?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭ongarite

You sure you are not using an A2SD version of LeeDroid.

If the required EXT3/EXT4 partition isn't available I will not boot.
    You haven't changed your HBOOT too? If its too small it will not boot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I have been trying to do the holding volume button thing but it just goes to the 02 Splash screen and pauses there - I can't get it to do anything else, nothing.

Hmm, I did use the A2SD version. I'm sure I had an A2SD version of LeeDroid 2.3 - I remember seeing it in the directory I put 2.4 on. Was I not supposed to use this one? What can I do now? I literally cannot get past the splash screen.

Pull the battery.
    Hold volume down & press power.
    Hold volume down until HBOOT menu appears.

Several minutes in, I'm still holding volume down, but still nothing but the splash screen. How long is it supposed to take? Oh-oh I'm very worried. Any way around this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Dmz1984

Several minutes in, I'm still holding volume down, but still nothing but the splash screen. How long is it supposed to take? Oh-oh I'm very worried. Any way around this problem?

LOL

hold down volume down
    wait 1 second
    while holding volume down
    now hold the power button also

wait for about 30 seconds

just to reiterate your holding 2 buttons at the same time
    typically the volume down first
    as power on will do the normal startup
    volume down forces it into the hboot menu

Not looking good I'm afraid! Should take seconds.

Your only hope is that the HTC RUU can save your phone.
    You need to download the O2 version if you don't have a gold-card.

http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Bravo/

• Advertisement

Hmm, ok. Good news is I got into hboot, I think I have a dodgey power button as I pressed it really hard and it worked. Thing is when I click recovery it just restarts and hangs again at the splash screen. Uuuuggghhhhh

Tried all the options but none do much. I have an option of Clear Storage. What does that do? What else can I try?

Your ROM manager flash has f*cked up your recovery menu.

Download the O2 RUU.
    http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Bravo/RUU_Bravo_Froyo_O2_UK_2.14.207.1_Radio_32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2_release_144166_signed.exe
    Copy to SD card, remane to PB99IMG.zip (remove the exe extension) and boot into HBOOT again.
    It should auto-start a flashing process and restore your phone to factory condition.

Thanks a mil :) Ok I've done that and i'm now in ClockworkMod Recovery.

I had to use a different sd card as when I plugged in the sd card that was in the phone - windows asked me to format - I presume cause it had partitions etc in it.

So, just so i don't do anything stupid, what do I do now in clockworkmod recovery?
    Thanks again for your help, much appreciated!

Do you want to re-intall LeeDroid 2.4?
    Copy the ROM to SD card, full system wipe and then install the ROM and reboot.

What version of ClockWorkMod are you running?
    If you want backup everything on the SD card, then go to Advanced and Partition SD Card.
    Choose 512MB, 0MB swap and let it do its stuff.
    Then go to Mounts & Storage, Mount USB, copy LeeDroid ROM to SD card and install.

Phew, got it. That was a pain! Thanks for your help. I got the new Lee Droid 2.4 on but it came me lots of errors etc so I just restored to the backup I had from this morning.

Thanks again for all the help!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Lol ya dumdum. I'd say ya had some ****ty attack there for a while

Advertisement