Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My father (who I've never had a good relationship with) seems to be going out of his way to be a neglectful cúnt to my little brother, who has tried to keep up a relationship with him. My brother was at his house the other day for several hours, he didn't feed him, brother asked for two euro to go to the shop just to get a drink and my fathers...other started harping on about how he needed to save money so it could move in. He later took it out for a fancy meal, along with their bastard spawn, but left my brother behind "because he didn't have money". I haven't talked to him in years, and this is why. He's a selfish bastard, who only knows how to care for himself, and fúck anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I don't even know what to say to that. That's what you call being a C U Next Tuesday... :eek:

How old is your little brother?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

14. It's been going on a few years though, my father letting him down in this manner. I've just gotten to the point where I loathe the name I have, so I'm starting to look at getting my name changed legally so that I have my mothers maiden name.

Bless him. He's only a kid. :(

How do you go about doing that? I can't blame you. He sounds like a horribly selfish pr**k.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I would totally do it angron, my mum did the very same at just 16. He was a horrible man back then and had no kind of relationship with his daughter. He is a different man and they get on alright now but she never regrets changing her name.

If your "dad" continues like this and neglects your younger brother over his shiny new family, he will eventually see and stop bothering with him. He has to come to that decision himself, and if he's smart enough he will!

• Advertisement

Deed poll, I have to go to a solicitors and get a document signed, and get the solicitor/commissioner of oaths to swear an affidavit. At least, that's what I've gotten from the citizens information website.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Fook Angron.

He seems to want to cut all ties with his kids.

Can your younger brother see this side to your father?

He is still young & you don't want to drive a wedge between them if they have a chance to have a reasonable relationship;

He's young enough that he still wants to try, but I think the time will fast come when even he's had enough. It's a bit sad, because when my father lived with us, he fawned over my little brother, and now it's like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

I just feel like banging my head of the table, over and over and over again.
    marriage the ultimate head mess.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Cgh, are you ok?.I hope you're feeling better from when you posted..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

hope you are ok cgh, if you need an ear or whatever we're here for you..

I reiterate what the others said, we are here for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

yeah,

a bit better today.

its been a rollercoaster 3 years.

the fun just never seems to stop

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Marriage much like everything in life has it's up's & down's, just gotta make sure the up's outweigh the downs.

Oh so blindingly angry again.

What's up Mr. A

Extension of my cúnt father and his cúnt partner stuff from a few days ago.

Family can be such a pain in the ass sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

I have to go to bed. I just can't stay up any longer. :/ I've been struggling for the last hour or 2! It's half ten! It's the weekend! Is this middle-age?!? :pac: :/ I wanna be able stay up late for ages like I used to. :/ Not able do that anymore. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

I really wish my BTE claim would hurry the hell up. I have gone a week and a half with no money and I am absolutely sick of having to ask OH for money. He hasn't got a lot either and we have had to budget so much. I know he doesn't mind but I had to get stuff for college yesterday evening, just a few small bits like. I could see him starting to worry because he needed to calculate whether or not we had enough for petrol/bills/rent. I know there is so many people out there who are in worse off positions but still, situation sucks and sucks big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

nothing in the Irish Public Sector moves fast Mozz.

Will it be backdated to when you initially applied.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    nothing in the Irish Public Sector moves fast Mozz.

Will it be backdated to when you initially applied.

I presume so.

I know what they're like and I know that they don't like being rushed but the amount of people that are telling me to go in to the offices and roar the heads off them. I am upset but I know roaring the heads off the people in the office isn't going to make things run smoothly for me. I could have a chat with them and see what's happening with it, but with college all this week and I am not finished until seven and 8 some evenings I just don't get the chance :/.

My brother is in college and he says he won't get anything for another two weeks st least. It was the same when I was in Athlone.

Poor Mozz. Could you go to your Students Union and see if you could get a little bit of help?

*hugs*

I really hope that's not the case with me. I really can't afford to be out of money for another two weeks :( I still have some rent to catch up on, there's an electric bill due, internet bill is due, insurance for the car, it's a bloody mess. I could go to the students union but tbh I may as well be talking to the walls like.

That's sh1t. Can you ring anyone to find out?

Bar the welfare office in town. That's it. I am thinking of maybe taking a few hours off tomorrow morning and see if there is something I can do. I have nothing to loose anyway seeing as my first class doesn't start until late morning anyway..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Bar the welfare office in town. That's it. I am thinking of maybe taking a few hours off tomorrow morning and see if there is something I can do. I have nothing to loose anyway seeing as my first class doesn't start until late morning anyway..

Can you approach community welfare officer about this?. (can't pm on phone sorry)

Can you approach community welfare officer about this?. (can't pm on phone sorry)

I would but I know someone who has approached him on a matter quite similar to my own and he got no hop off him.

I know everyone is throwing out ideas and trying to help out and it seems like I am shooting them down but honestly I am not. Students union is a no go because again, they don't have a clue when it comes to this stuff and as for the welfare officer he has all the manners of a bear with a sore arse. Again I know he has to be stand offish but he's got a terrible reputation around the place for leaving people in the lurch.

Oh I hear you. I'd had a demon of an officer too. Student hardship fund??

• Advertisement

Oh I hear you. I'd had a demon of an officer too. Student hardship fund??

I may not rule out the officer yet but I reckon he will be a last resort. I am not sure about that one. I could look into that one all right.

Advertisement