Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where should I live? Are halls just 18 year olds?

• 25-07-2014 4:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi
    I'm starting first year in September at the age of 21 after being away for 3 years.
    Where should I stay? I don't want to live with all the 18 year olds who've just left home for the first time..
    I'm not a recluse that doesnt go out by any means but neither am I a huge party animal.
    But I do obviously want to make friends (preferably people of my own age etc).
    Are halls worth trying to get?
    Or is there somewhere else I should look?
    Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I'm sure there will be people there of all ages, 18, 19, 20, 21, 35 and possibly 43.

18 year old aren't all that bad. I was fantastic when I was 18 if I remember clearly. Give them a chance. You might make a few new friends. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

Well in the absence of any residences designed to mature students, I'm not sure what your alternative would be.

It's almost impossible to get an apartment of good quality near town for a reasonable price, unless you have other people to contribute to the rent. I stayed in halls for my first year and was happy there, and I wasn't a nightclubber.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

There's plenty of mature students around. And not all 18 year olds will be party animals. You will make friends I'm sure of that, there's around 1000 people in Halls, so making friends with new people will be a doddle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Guy in my class stayed there last year (he's a scholar though), and he was 21. One of our lecturers lived in the apartment above/below him, and he was definitely over the age of 30.

Your personal statement would probably get you matched to people in a similar situation, or at the very least some of the calmer 18 year olds.

Advertisement