Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Riamfada wrote: »
    Brian O'Driscoll actuall said "do you know who I am". Yeah and couldnt give a bollocks.

I've actually witnessed him do this in person. Tool of the highest order! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I've actually witnessed him do this in person. Tool of the highest order! :rolleyes:
    was he tryna get in sumwere or get freebies????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Brian O'Driscoll actuall said "do you know who I am". Yeah and couldnt give a bollocks.
    Damo from Fair City?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

Clare Bear wrote: »

Haha, oh Brian. I read an article where Amy was saying that they were trying to keep their invitation to the wedding low key, because they didn't want it to seem like they were showing off that they were invited. Yeah right! It's been all over the newspapers for weeks.

But - back to topic - rude celebs. Haven't really encountered any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

The correct response to that is

*looks around*

Does anyone know who this gentleman is? He seems to have forgotton his name :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I think this whole thread goes to show that everyone is human and has good and bad days. Just because someone is famous doesnt make them public property.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I think this whole thread goes to show that everyone is human and has good and bad days. Just because someone is famous doesnt make them public property.

for many these people are role models and when in public they have certain responsibilities.

True, they want their peace and quiet, but they also enjoy basking in the limelight when it suits and the media attention they have courted has been largely beneficial for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Patrick Bergin.

Here he is in his younger days
    patrick5335082_tml.jpg
    Most famous for Sleeping with the Enemy with Julia Roberts or that Harrison Ford film, Patriot Games

one of the more succusful actors from Ireland
    And boy does he know it!

Lived in Tipperary and regularly stayed in the local hotel where I was porter.
    Constant bitching to management over everything, rude to staff and fond of the "do you know who I am".
    We knew exactly who he was but denied it, "sorry sir, I don't know who you are but I hope you are happy as the resident of x room. Anything I can do for you?"

I witnessed Packie Bonner been incredibly rude to a group of people who approached him for an autograph in a Dublin hotel.

Used to be in a Celtic Supporter Club and we made regular trips.
    Often saw Packie in the airport as I believe he is a coach. Not sure if he still does the coaching.
    He'd ignore kids who wanted autographs and was not exactly friendly to anyone who came up to say hello

In contrast, Mick McCarthy, total legend. Saw him a few times and he'd see our colours and chat away with us as a former Celtic player. He's answer anything and this was back when he Ireland manager. Took photos with us. Lovely genuine guy and I've been rooting for him and his current club since

....was in a restaurant in a hotel last year in dublin the day after going to a Bruce Springsteen gig. My other half spots Bono sitting with someone at a table behind us. I had my back to them. OH wanted to go over and ask Bono for an autograph. I was mortified and was saying there's no way, and not to go up to him in a restaurant etc etc.

Anyway when Bono left the table to go to the bathroom, up she walks to his friend and asks if he thought Bono would mind signing an autograph. Friend says he didnt think he'd mind. OH comes back to the table and we continue eating.

5 mins later Bono comes over, signs autographs, has pictures taken and chats away for a few minutes. We say thanks a lot and continue eating. Laters when we are leaving the hotel, bono and his friend are leaving too. Outside were a bunch of screaming fans shouting "Hey Bruce" and the like to Bono's friend.

First time I've ever known her to not be able to say a word! My excuse was that I had my back to them and didnt see him. She had no excuse being a huge Bruce fan! Both very nice as it turned out.

That story has been repeated so many times it's an urban legend at this stage :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Twink.

I have no clue who the feck twink is I just want some thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭magztar

Nicola out of fair city..I know not that much of celebrity but she was some cow! I was only 13 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Daegerty wrote: »
    Twink.

I have no clue who the feck twink is I just want some thanks.

Thanks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,034 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

magztar wrote: »
    Nicola out of fair city..I know not that much of celebrity but she was some cow! I was only 13 :(

Should you not go to the Garda about it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Robbie Keane was a kn0b when I met him briefly back in 06 outside WHL in London.....nothing I could not have predicted by watching his interaction with fans on TV all those years.
    (BTW for Spurs fans only....Huddlestone & Shirt throwing Ghaly were gents)

My GF met Martin Sheen in the mid 90s in USA when he was making a movie where she worked and he sat and had lunch and chatted away for half an hour.....one of the greatest gents you will find....I dare anyone to find a bad post about him on the internet.

My GF met Martin Sheen in the mid 90s in USA when he was making a movie where she worked and he sat and had lunch and chatted away for half an hour.....one of the greatest gents you will find....I dare anyone to find a bad post about him on the internet.

Oh I believe it
    The man is a legend

He has Irish roots on his mothers side and came to Borrisokane in North Tipperary a few years ago for a visit.
    Local schools welcomed him and he met lots of people. I met him in the local hotel where I worked
    Complete gentleman and welcome back anytime

• Registered Users Posts: 46 thatsme

Katherine Lynch aka Wagons Den is a right B**CH. Met her in the Clarendon last year was with a couple of mates and said "Oh theres singing Bernie Walsh" she just blanked us and went to the Ladies. Stupid F*T "Z" lister

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Oh I believe it
    The man is a legend

He has Irish roots on his mothers side and came to Borrisokane in North Tipperary a few years ago for a visit.
    Local schools welcomed him and he met lots of people. I met him in the local hotel where I worked
    Complete gentleman and welcome back anytime

You know I seen that in The Midland Tribune.....his relation from Borrisokane took him down the town and joined him up at your local Credit Union...lol
    Picture of him at the door.

He talks a lot about the town and he is very proud of his roots there and in Spain. Watch out for his film made in Tipp due out in the next year.

Gary Lineker is a kn0b too.....seen him in action in 89 when he came to Dublin for a friendly....snooty chap who fools a lot of people with his goody two shoes never been booked reputation.
    He was on "They Think It's All Over" one night and Steve Collins was a guest and he remembered meeting Lineker too in earlier days and he wouldn't give him an autograph.

Just remembered Brenda Donahoe in her Ryanline Days....came into the local pub to do a spot and I Remember being amazed that she had no sound guy etc.....she came in with a bag on wheels and did her own Tech Setup.....did not strike me as very friendly.....a goin through the motions false kinda perky pretense.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

I find it hard to believe. Lemmy is renowned for being one of the most approachable people around and will sit and chat, take a picture, have a pint with anyone who asks. I know loads of people who have met him and they cannot speak highly enough of the man.

One of lads I used to pal about with when I was younger,had a cousin who was in a band called Zodiac Mindwarp,and his cousin was good friends with Lemmy.

My mate was telling that his auntie told him that his cousin had come up from London to visit,and had brought his friend Ian with him.She said Ian was a lovely chap,a real gent,had lovely manners,although to look at him,she said,you wouldn't have thought so with his big greasy 'tache,the big warts on his face,and the SS helmet he was wearing ......god bless Ian"Lemmy" Kilminster..

Dub Ste wrote: »
    One of lads I used to pal about with when I was younger,had a cousin who was in a band called Zodiac Mindwarp,and his cousin was good friends with Lemmy.

My mate was telling that his auntie told him that his cousin had come up from London to visit,and had brought his friend Ian with him.She said Ian was a lovely chap,a real gent,had lovely manners,although to look at him,she said,you wouldn't have thought so with his big greasy 'tache,the big warts on his face,and the SS helmet he was wearing ......god bless Ian"Lemmy" Kilminster..

I think a lot of people see the Nazi gear Lemmy collects and jumps to conclusions. The man himself has said that if the Brits or Americans made the most stylish uniforms then those are what he would collect. It has nothing to do with the man being a Nazi but rather like many of us he recognises that as bad as they were at least the did it with style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

I think a lot of people see the Nazi gear Lemmy collects and jumps to conclusions. The man himself has said that if the Brits or Americans made the most stylish uniforms then those are what he would collect. It has nothing to do with the man being a Nazi but rather like many of us he recognises that as bad as they were at least the did it with style.

Hi Ryker Zealous Hockey,

Didn't mean to imply she thought he was a nazi,she just thought it was strange,he was sat there in her front room,drinking tea out of her best china,he was the perfect gent,it's just he was wearing the SS helmet,she thought he was lovely.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

"Do you not have anything form the Allied side Father?"

"Ah no Ted, that type of thing wouldn't interest me at all"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

alex higgins... absolute asshole

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭holly8

barone wrote: »
    alex higgins... absolute asshole

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭LC_x

Santa claus
    Cheap fecker never gives me what i want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Des Bishop: Checking-in at Dublin Airport when i was nearly knocked over by him marching to the top of the queue, no apology or anything. Id say something if he was clearing customs and was running late or something like that but checking in!! Asspipe of the highest order!

Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond: Met them in a pub near the Hammersmith Apollo a couple of years back (i think they were doing one of their budget car road trips). Properly sound lads, under no illusions about who they were ("just the blokes off a car show") took the mick of Richard Hammond for being short and had a good laugh till Clarkson did the same and brought me down to size(6'6" vs 6'3"). Chatted away with them for a good 2 hours id say and had a blast!

Got pretty much the "do you know who i am" line from Brian O'Driscoll when i asked him for an autograph in the Sheen Falls, the actual words were " I'm very busy, you should know that sure"

The best one by far though happened to my uncle who used to work security in Elroys (now instinct) in Cork in around 1993-94. Some fella was pissed outa his brain and started chucking ice cubes at the barmaid to get her attention. So uncle duly walked over and asked him to leave, turns out its Roy Keane! He says to my uncle "i'm a fcucking united player i'll do what i want", the reply was epic " well your **** out of luck son coz i'm an Arsenal fan" and promptly threw him out.

Actually met keano about ten years later at a Bob Dylan gig in the marquee, sound lad only stopped chatting when the music started and signed my ticket stub and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

holly8 wrote: »
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    fraid so.. so rude, and im no shrinking violet

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Heard this story from a friend.

She worked in a restaurant in a five star hotel in the North. She gets a call one day saying "I just want to confirm a reservation for tomorrow" So she checks and there's no booking. She says that there are tables free and she can book the person in. The woman says "My brother is a famous actor and we need a private table someone" and she says I'm sorry but we don't have any free for tomorrow night. So the woman says she will talk to her brother and ring back. About 20 minutes later the phone goes and asks for my friend. "Hello this is Liam Neeson. What the f*** is wrong with you that you can take a booking and then when my sister rings to confirm it suddenly doesn't exist. How incompetent are you?" and he apparently went on like that for a while. She apologized and said there was no record of the reservation etc. He hung up. Then about a week later she gets a call from the sister apologising saying she had actually booked the golf club restaurant and had called the wrong number to confirm!

I was so devastated when I heard because I really like him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Fair play to the sister for coming back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Fair play to the sister for coming back.

Yeah, I thought that was nice too! If it was me, I'd probably be too embarrassed to ring back.

Advertisement