Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Dart/Pub scene

• 08-12-2005 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭

Haven't played in 4 or 5 years, but used to play for Farrells, New Street. Won the Dublin League that year !

Is the dart/pub scene still going strong? ... ah the memories:v:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

afaik its still as strong as ever

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah its still going strong. I have been asked to play for two pubs that are close to me but I havent got the time with college. Around my area anyway they play every tuesday night and it pulls in a decent crowd as well. Some of the players are actually quite good and there is of course the craic after the games with having a few Beers with the opposing team. Im looking to get into a team myself next year so should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Northside Punk

pretty sure it still is on a monday and tuesday.
    Played for 2 seasons for clonliffe house before breaking my arm.
    Think it was in the north city league but the vintners league is still going as well far as i know

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Macker

Yep still going strong although the NCDL scrapped it's monday league ,I have a cup match tonight which is always a good night ,1 leg of 501 makes it a bit of a lottery ,playing a team that beat us last week in the league so it's revenge time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭brian_boru

Where would i find out about Dart leagues in Rathmines area? Have been playin darts for years until i went to college then stopped playin but won a good few pub comps, would love to get back into it again, hell, my Nickname given to me by my mates is Dart, has been for 10 years!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Your best bet would be to drop into your local pub and ask them. They will definitely have info for you or send you to a pub that has a team. I wouldnt have a name of a pub team in Rathmines but maybe somebody else does.

Cheers for that, i will have to look into that!!!

Really depends how far you're prepared to travel ,at the moment there is a south county league which might suit you but I'm willing to bet that it's too late to sign for a team ,most dart seasons are half way through ,could be worth your while turning up for a couple of games and having a look at the standard ,if you're too good or not good enough for a team it can be frustrating ,if you need any info just ask

Ger

Sound, thanx

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Northside Punk

nearest i can think of is farrells of new street just of patrick street or the one in inchicore that i cant think of just beside the shell garage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Hi all new on here, the nearest dart bars to Rathmines would be in the Harold’s cross area, McKenna’s and The Lantern I play Tuesday night darts with Ruby Finnegan’s in Ballyfermot (strong league but Monday night is the top league in Dublin). The bar beside the Shell station is The Patriots, Kilmainham which has the best team in Dublin. As was said above its too late to sign for a team but there is a summer league as well if you are really into darts I am going to play in it for the first time this summer.

well im really lookin for any pub with a dart board in the area, kinda rare i think, dont mind if i cant join a league, just want to play some games for the craic to kinda get back into it!!!

brian_boru wrote:
    well im really lookin for any pub with a dart board in the area, kinda rare i think, dont mind if i cant join a league, just want to play some games for the craic to kinda get back into it!!!

The Grove Bar on the Canal (2 min walk from Portobello bridge towards Harrolds X) used to have a dart board in the bar area, anyone could play on it (but that is going back 3 or more years though.)

Carrickman wrote:
    Hi all new on here, the nearest dart bars to Rathmines would be in the Harold’s cross area, McKenna’s and The Lantern I play Tuesday night darts with Ruby Finnegan’s in Ballyfermot (strong league but Monday night is the top league in Dublin). The bar beside the Shell station is The Patriots, Kilmainham which has the best team in Dublin. As was said above its too late to sign for a team but there is a summer league as well if you are really into darts I am going to play in it for the first time this summer.

Slightly OT but I would disagree about the Monday vintners being stronger than Tue North city ,if you look at the last 5 yrs or so the Patriots finished 3rd for a few years but since the 2 top teams pulled out ie. Farrells New St. and The Horse and Jocky the patriots have won everything since ,good side though ,There is also a big cross over of players who play both leagues for different sides
    OH and we beat you this season :D ,great game ,looking forward to the return match

Macker wrote:
    The Horse and Jocky the patriots have won everything since ,good side though ,There is also a big cross over of players who play both leagues for different sides
    OH and we beat you this season :D ,great game ,looking forward to the return match
    Used to play for the Horse & Jockey on Wed nights on both teams, so you either play for The City Arms or Kellys???

Yeah City arms ,we must know each other so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Harry Callahan

Does anyone know of any darts teams in the Dublin Area looking for new memebers or is anyone in the Dublin area interested in starting a team....???

Does anyone know of any darts teams in the Dublin Area looking for new memebers or is anyone in the Dublin area interested in starting a team....???

Im in the rathmine's area, i wouldn't mind joining a new team!!

Tue Dart teams North City Dart League
    Aer Lingus ,Aalsa Club
    County Bar Lucan
    Kelly's on the bridge , Inchicore
    Cardiff Inn ,Finglas
    City Arms Prussia Street
    Campions Balgriffin
    Gleesons Finglas
    Brewary Bar ,Behind James Gate
    Ruby Finnigans Ballyfermot
    Salmons ,Blanchardstown
    St. Finbarrs GAA,Cabra
    St Perrigans GAA ,Blanchardstown
    Taveys Church Street

Wednesday Noth City Dart league
    Shanty Mulhuddart
    Market Bar ,Little Mary Street
    Gleesons (bottom of the hill) Finglas
    Bridge Tavern Summerhill
    St. Finbarrs Cabra
    Artane Recreation Centre
    Saints and Sinners North King Street
    Joxer Dalys Dorset Street
    Malt House ,James Street
    Towers Ballymun
    Patriots Inchicore /kilmainham
    Roundabout Artane
    A.F.L coolock
    Raheny GAA
    Brookwood Inn Blanchardstown
    Cardiff Inn Finglas

Macker wrote:
    Tue Dart teams North City Dart League
    Aer Lingus ,Aalsa Club
    County Bar Lucan
    Kelly's on the bridge , Inchicore
    Cardiff Inn ,Finglas
    City Arms Prussia Street
    Campions Balgriffin
    Gleesons Finglas
    Brewary Bar ,Behind James Gate
    Ruby Finnigans Ballyfermot
    Salmons ,Blanchardstown
    St. Finbarrs GAA,Cabra
    St Perrigans GAA ,Blanchardstown
    Taveys Church Street
    You wouldent have the table for this league by chance??

• Advertisement

Carrickman wrote:
    You wouldent have the table for this league by chance??
    Not the whole thing but I know The Bhoys have max points and both city arms and Myles are down 4 ,The tap were also down 4 but I think they may have dropped points last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Sgt Slaughter

Is the North Dublin league much better than the South Dublin league? A mate of mine plays for the Gallops Pub in Leopardstown on a Monday night, think theres a lower league on the Tuesday. Any cups or competitions between the different leagues or anything

The North city tue league is pretty strong as is the national vintiners monday league ,I'm not sure about the south county league
    There are no compitions bethween the various leagues allthough the is a large crossover of players playing in some if not all the leagues

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dobroin

Don't get to throw a lot but do whenever I'm in NY (with NYDO.com)o find a pub with a board around Dub - what is the big secret? Anyhoo I will check out some of the northside ones listed. Is there a Dublin Darts site anywhere out there or a n easy way of findingbs are? Google just gives that green train!! :)

Dobroin wrote:
    Don't get to throw a lot but do whenever I'm in NY (with NYDO.com)o find a pub with a board around Dub - what is the big secret? Anyhoo I will check out some of the northside ones listed. Is there a Dublin Darts site anywhere out there or a n easy way of findingbs are? Google just gives that green train!! :)

http://www.dartsinireland.com/Archives/News%20Archives/News_previous5.htm

or
    Aertel on RTE2 page 501

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/aertelplus/p501.htm

Anyone know when the summer dart leagues start or have they started all ready?

Hasent started yet, AFAIK it starts at the beginning of June I will let ye know when I hear more.

Carrickman wrote:
    Hasent started yet, AFAIK it starts at the beginning of June I will let ye know when I hear more.

Thanks mate. Im gonna join a team this summer because my game has improved an awful lot lately. Hitting the trebles pretty regularily :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

This may sound like a rather silly question, but how does someone get on a dart team ?

• Advertisement

This may sound like a rather silly question, but how does someone get on a dart team ?

Just find a pub who has a team and go in and say you want to join the team. Or you could always set up your own team in a pub that doesnt already have one.

Advertisement