Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why do guys seem to love Spanish girls?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Every guy I know loves going on holidays to Spain because they're going to see Spanish girls over there. Is it cos Spanish girls have dark hair and tans? :confused: Are they seen as exotic. I've heard that particularly English and Irish men love Spanish/Italian women. Just wanted to know why :p:)

ride one you'll understand... their loud & proud...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Socialite

[/I] smaller framed, shorter and with smaller breasts in my experience anyway. In Spain/Italy anyway. That said Spain now has the highest levels of childhood obesity in the EU so things are changing.[/QUOTE]

Well, they do not eat like regular people to keep those frames, asian girls can eat whatever and still very skinny, this is not the case, if you see a colombians (sofia vergara as example) she is not fat, but she is neither "skinny" and same goes with brazilians, puerto ricans and so on! spanish are not any different, many just tried way too hard!
    And yeah irish guys are way cooler than spanish dudes in general

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    As supposed to an adonis like yourself?

No, the mates I'm referring to would be exceptionally good looking. They'd get a lot of attention at home but not here.
    By the way, always different experience living somewhere than visiting. It's as if the locals can sense you're just in the place for the crack. And also the kinds of bars you might go to as a tourist would be more like pick up joints. There's place they get plenty of attention mainly because the guys presume they're here for fun and fun only.

Maybe they don't go for foreigners as much then yeah. Is it not the same in Ireland though? Tonnes of Irish men seem to have foreign partners but I don't think the same could be said for Irish women? They seem to want to stick to their own, massive generalisation I know but I think it's true. You living abroad are a different case.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Maybe they don't go for foreigners as much then yeah. Is it not the same in Ireland though? Tonnes of Irish men seem to have foreign partners but I don't think the same could be said for Irish women? They seem to want to stick to their own, massive generalisation I know but I think it's true.
    I reckon there's a fair bit to that B. I've found broadly similar in other countries.

That said historically there's evidence of the opposite from genes. Women tend to travel more than men. Male gene's tend to stay "local". You even see this in small towns in Ireland. You tend to find way more single men in their 30's than single women of that age. They tend to leave for bigger populations.
    Eve_Dublin wrote:
    Maybe it's different for the women. I can't really comment on that...
    Just from what I've gathered over the years... As Socialite said "yeah irish guys are way cooler than spanish dudes in general" and in my opinion Latin women tend to like Irish men(tm) because we usually come across as culturally less sleazy than many the local guys. We also tend to take ourselves less seriously and have less of the "machismo" stuff going on and beleive it or not ladies of AH we're generally less chauvinistic. You see something similar with some from Eastern European countries too. The men can be more "harsh" than Irish guys With Scandinavian women this would be less of a draw, because they don't have that macho stuff to nearly the same degree as say Italy. Both genders here tend to be more easy going full stop. Massive generalisation of course, but somewhat true I reckon.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Maybe they don't go for foreigners as much then yeah. Is it not the same in Ireland though? Tonnes of Irish men seem to have foreign partners but I don't think the same could be said for Irish women? They seem to want to stick to their own, massive generalisation I know but I think it's true. You living abroad are a different case.

Oh didn't you get the memo? Were ugly, hideous munters that no one would touch with a barge poll. Women from Foreign are far superior to use sewage monkeys.

Never fancied foreign guys when I lived in Ireland, mainly because I didn't meet many. Seems the guys didn't mingle with the natives like the women. I never came across any bar tourists in my day-to-day business. My foreign friend in Ireland were all female. Not too sure though. Probably another reason for it. But as you said, when Irish women go abroad, it's different. Almost all my female Irish friends live in "foreign" and have foreign boyfriends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭chimmy chonga

Spanish girls are a bit like the Italian girls they are beautiful up to about 25 then they get hairy arms and grow mustaches - check out your local chipper.:D

Wibbs wrote: »
    Just from what I've gathered over the years... As Socialite said "yeah irish guys are way cooler than spanish dudes in general" and in my opinion Latin women tend to like Irish men(tm) because we usually come across as culturally less sleazy than many the local guys. We also tend to take ourselves less seriously and have less of the "machismo" stuff going on and beleive it or not ladies of AH we're generally less chauvinistic. You see something similar with some from Eastern European countries too. The men can be more "harsh" than Irish guys With Scandinavian women this would be less of a draw, because they don't have that macho stuff to nearly the same degree as say Italy. Both genders here tend to be more easy going full stop. Massive generalisation of course, but somewhat true I reckon.

And I don't think Spanish women know much about Irish men specifically though. At least in my experience. Are you talking about the ones living in Ireland?The Spanish have a tendency to put all Northern European into one group, so they might find Northern European men less sleazy and chauvanist as supposed to Irish men specifically. I hear "You Northern Europeans are...." on an almost daily basis.

One of the thing me fella liked about me was my desire to be independent and the fact that I travelled on my own for a year appealed to him. That's definitely not the done thing among Spanish women. Spanish women won't do anything alone (that's not knocking them, they just like to do things with friends..it's more fun....I can't blame them). They wouldn't even have a coffee on their own in a bar generally speaking. Same goes for the men though. Some guys might find that intimidating but some like it. Not sure what my point is...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Ask yourself, have you ever met a Spanish girl you'd call a b*tch?
    Seriously, in my experience they're just really nice people. I've known a few guys who've gone out with Spanish girls an I've never seen the girls giving then a hard time. They don't try to 'whip' their guys and take the 'friend' part of boyfriend seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Well I love Italian girls because of their fashion sense and dark skin. Not as keen on spanish girls!

This.

Italian women are goddesses. Anyone who disagrees is guilty of herecy. Spanish girls are hot too though and good fun. Both are very bubbly in personality.

Eve_Dublin wrote:
    They wouldn't even have a coffee on their own in a bar generally speaking. Same goes for the men though.
    That's so true, of both Spanish and Italian girls. I've been told and seen for myself that if a girl goes alone into an Italian bar or birrira, she gets too much hassle off guys in there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Oh didn't you get the memo? Were ugly, hideous munters that no one would touch with a barge poll. Women from Foreign are far superior to use sewage monkeys.

I read AH enough to know that you're all ugly, overweight, stuck up cows covered in fake tan and inch deep make up so yeah I'm aware of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Wibbs wrote: »
    I reckon there's a fair bit to that B. I've found broadly similar in other countries.

That said historically there's evidence of the opposite from genes. Women tend to travel more than men. Male gene's tend to stay "local". You even see this in small towns in Ireland. You tend to find way more single men in their 30's than single women of that age. They tend to leave for bigger populations.

Aren't Italian women famously unapproachable however? Ok I've not really met any so I don't take this as Gospel, but I've been told by those who have or spent time there that they are money/style/fashion/image obsessed and expect their men to live up to 6 pack metrosexual underwear model standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I read AH enough to know that you're all ugly, overweight, stuck up cows covered in fake tan and inch deep make up so yeah I'm aware of it.

Its not fake tan, its ground up oompa-loompa. Wonka modernised the factory and well had to do something with the oompa-loompa's and ....well....it turns out in ground up form he was able to market them as miracle anti-wrinkle creme:eek:

Aren't Italian women famously unapproachable however? Ok I've not really met any so I don't take this as Gospel, but I've been told by those who have or spent time there that they are money/style/fashion/image obsessed and expect their men to live up to 6 pack metrosexual underwear model standards.

The ones in the North, maybe, the ones in the South, no.

Seriously, in my experience they're just really nice people. I've known a few guys who've gone out with Spanish girls an I've never seen the girls giving then a hard time. They don't try to 'whip' their guys and take the 'friend' part of boyfriend seriously.

Sorry to burst your bubble but having lived here for almost 3 years, I've met plenty of bitches. And they don't whip their men? Are you havin' a laugh? Spanish men are the most whipped on the planet! And I see arguments in public almost on a daily basis. Don't get me wrong, I like them but your comment above is just plain wrong, I'm afraid.

grenache wrote: »
    That's so true, of both Spanish and Italian girls. I've been told and seen for myself that if a girl goes alone into an Italian bar or birrira, she gets too much hassle off guys in there.

But they (the Spanish men and women) don't do anything alone. They wouldn't even get a coffee alone in an empty bar during the day. It has little to do with men cracking onto them and women get hit on in Northern European countries too. They move in groups...that's their culture.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

And I don't think Spanish women know much about Irish men specifically though. At least in my experience. Are you talking about the ones living in Ireland?The Spanish have a tendency to put all Northern European into one group, so they might find Northern European men less sleazy and chauvanist as supposed to Irish men specifically. I hear "You Northern Europeans are...." on an almost daily basis.
    True.
    That's definitely not the done thing among Spanish women. Spanish women won't do anything alone (that's not knocking them, they just like to do things with friends..it's more fun....I can't blame them). They wouldn't even have a coffee on their own in a bar generally speaking. Same goes for the men though. Some guys might find that intimidating but some like it. Not sure what my point is...
    :) Yea that bit can be irritating/a culture shock in other ways though. They can be very clingy with boyfriends. I can text at super high speed and that was learned by going out with a couple of them(one was nearly texting on the hour). They seem to need to be constantly in contact. Not stemming from a jealousy thing either, they just seem to need more contact and to never be alone. The jealousy aspect seemed to be higher among Italian lassies(and French). Certainly higher contact required by comparison to Irish women. Going out with an Irish woman after was a shock to the system. "Hang she's not texted me in the last three hours. Oh god has she been run over!!:eek:" :D
    Sorry to burst your bubble but having lived here for almost 3 years, I've met plenty of bitches. And they don't whip their men? Are you havin' a laugh? Spanish men are the most whipped on the planet! And I see arguments in public almost on a daily basis. Don't get me wrong, I like them but your comment above is just plain wrong, I'm afraid.
    +1000. I was surprised at that one myself. Like you in my experience Spanish(and Italian) guys are much more "under the thumb" in long termers. The macho facade is just that, a facade. It's in play at the early stages, but down the line it's soooo not. And as for arguments in public. There's not nearly the same cultural reticence about public displays of emotion in Latin cultures compared to here. This goes for public displays of affection and dissatisfaction. Have a full on agrument with an Italian lady and Oh. My. God. You'll know you've been tangoed. :eek::D Though refusing to get into it like a local might really freaks them out. Steam outa the ears time.

Oh yea and bitches and their male equivalents are everywhere in every culture.

Needless to say all of the above are generalisations. I was lucky in the sense I didn't get(with the exception of one) the publicly histrionic latin stereotype. Nor the bitch. Nor the ballbreaker. Did get the "clingy" though. That's a lot less a generalisation IMHO.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Just my own experience as I said. Maybe I've just been lucky in the Spaniards I've met ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Every guy I know loves going on holidays to Spain because they're going to see Spanish girls over there. Is it cos Spanish girls have dark hair and tans? :confused: Are they seen as exotic. I've heard that particularly English and Irish men love Spanish/Italian women. Just wanted to know why :p:)

Because they have less inhibitions & put out :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Hell yes!
    One of the thing me fella liked about me was my desire to be independent and the fact that I travelled on my own for a year appealed to him. That's definitely not the done thing among Spanish women. Spanish women won't do anything alone (that's not knocking them, they just like to do things with friends..it's more fun....I can't blame them). They wouldn't even have a coffee on their own in a bar generally speaking. Same goes for the men though. Some guys might find that intimidating but some like it. Not sure what my point is...
    And men won't travel much either

• Advertisement

Just my own experience as I said. Maybe I've just been lucky in the Spaniards I've met ;D

No, didn't mean to shout you down just that you really couldn't be further from the truth. Spanish women wear the pants. No doubt about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Strange, considering my obsession spaniards are at the bottom of my brown eyed list

It's in the yaddayaddayadda..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Something about lovely bottoms...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭tahina

.[/QUOTE]Never looks good IMO. Give me a big frekley country lass who can carry a bullock across a marshy field over one of those scrawny calorie counters any day :)[/Quote]
    Said like a ture farmin man Yup outta that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

They have za nice pussy :p.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Smooth tanned skin. Nice bodies. No mystery there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I'd be interested in finding a black hair Swede. If you're out there, PM me.
    My penis is 17.43cm
    I take in €35,000 P/A
    I have blonde hair and green eyes.
    I speak English and German
    I am very active and a very generous love.
    Yours for ever,
    Terrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I've never seen Wibbs so active in a thread. Or say anything like "+1000". :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

44leto wrote: »
    Domo230 wrote: »
    Humans evolved to seek the exotic because you know that genetically they are very different from you and they are very unlikely to be in any way related to you (Not in a marry your cousin way but related from several generations back)

So we like em cause they allow us to make good quality, non inbred babies.

AH answer: Cause they have fit bodies, nice natural tans and nice bewbs.

But we don't marry them, most stick to their own race and even class with-in that race.

The best looking race of people women wise I ever seen was the Koreans. I lived just by a Korean neighbourhood in LA. Lovely looking, nice people as well.

100% with the Korean thing. Lived there and have a Korean girlfriend. No offence to our own beautiful ladies but it would be hard to go back! Well after 8 pints anything is possible!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

The world is full of beautiful women. I don't discriminate on nationality.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement