Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tea or Coffee

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I love both equally. I enjoy coffee in the morning at work, and I really like a cup of coffee when I go out for dinner, or to meet a friend. However I love a cup of tea with a fry up at the weekend, and I like drinking tea in the evenings after work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

"you never had a cup o' beans mun?! Oh-aye you're in for a treat here"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Underdraft

Title reminded me ...
    http://www.myspace.com/video/tommy-live-sound-engineer/tea-or-coffee/4487793

Eh, I'll have coffee. Drinking some right now as a matter of fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Coffee to wake ya up. Then tea with a fry on the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I never liked coffee, I find the smell noxious and the taste abhorrent.

Green tea is my thing, I carry bags of it everywhere because people rarely have it in their houses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Hate tea! Makes me feel sick, no matter how many times I try it! Used to drink Lyons Kenya blend in my teens, cause it was strong with not much milk, as was the style at the time.
    Also, there is more caffeine in tea than coffee, but seems to have a different effect so I hear...

Herbal teas are nice the odd odd time.

Now coffee, thats a cuppa I can drink! Only the rubbish instant stuff in work but I do love my fresh coffee too at home, need a new percolator! Tend to never buy coffee out in coffee shops any more, way too pricey tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Tea at breakfast, coffee during the day and back to tea in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Also, there is more caffeine in tea than coffee, but seems to have a different effect so I hear...

Wrong.
    By dry weight tea leaves contain more caffeine than coffee beans but an average cup of coffee has around three times as much caffeine as an average cup of tea

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Coffee all the way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 julanont

With or without milk and sugar?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

A tip for making tea.

Never boil the water twice. It takes the oxygen out of the water and impedes the brewing capabilities of it. Always use freshly boiled water.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Giblet wrote: »
    Who drinks tea in the morning!? It's like drinking non-alcoholic beer in a pub. Tea while watching tele is fine, maybe with some biscuits.

Not the way I have tea (super strong with **** all milk). It's a winner :D My friends and family call it tar though; alas you can't quite stand a spoon up in it so it's still tea by my definition.

Is it true that the milk can get burned if put in first of something. I think I heard that before.

julanont wrote: »
    Is it true that the milk can get burned if put in first of something. I think I heard that before.

Pffft that's crap. But milk should always go in last anyway. It's just better that way :P

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

I like both, but coffee is the winner for me. You can't beat a cup of hot black coffee on a cold winter's morning. Or iced coffee on a hot summer's day. We don't have enough iced coffee in Ireland.

Iced lemon tea like Nestea is a good one. I don't know how widely available it is in Ireland though.

Yeah I think I agree with you there.

I like both, but coffee is the winner for me. You can't beat a cup of hot black coffee on a cold winter's morning. Or iced coffee on a hot summer's day. We don't have enough iced coffee in Ireland.

Iced lemon tea like Nestea is a good one. I don't know how widely available it is in Ireland though.

Nestea is becoming a lot more widely available here. You can get it in supermarkets and a fair few newsagents. I love the stuff :D

Anyone ever try bog tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Both. A good strong instant coffee in the morning to get me going. Plenty of tea then through out the day and a nice jug of percolated coffee in the evening.

Nestea is becoming a lot more widely available here. You can get it in supermarkets and a fair few newsagents. I love the stuff :D

I was addicted to lipton mango ice tea when I was on holidays in Portugal. Could never find it in Ireland though:(

• Advertisement

julanont wrote: »
    I was addicted to lipton mango ice tea when I was on holidays in Portugal. Could never find it in Ireland though:(

Is that the one that comes in a short clear glass bottle? I got it in the UCD restaurant once :)

EDIT: Ah, no it's the one in the green cans. Can't find them here either. Loved them when I was in Belgium :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I love both. Drink about ten cups of tea a day. I used to do the same with coffee, but that messes with one's digestive system and instant coffee just isn't the same.

So now I savour those times when I get a good decent cup of coffee. Don't really even drink it at home much. If out and about and in a cafe or restuarant, it's coffee, every time. I'd never bother with tea then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Used to just drink tea, then along came baby number 3 and the night feeds and coffee is what gets me through the day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

A latte no sugar.
    Love coffee, everything about it, the smell, amazing.
    I'm drinking a cup of coffee at my desk right now :)
    It's nearly gone though :( I know a place where to get the best coffee but I'm not sharing it.

Green tea before the gym though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee.

Oh man I love coffee.

Tea's good too and all but I could go days without drinking it and not miss it.

Coffee though. Oh man coffee. Drinking coffee is like the warm embrace of a liquidy lover all delicious and perky and..... oh..... I..... eh, have to go and change my pants do something else now.

bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,973 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee.

Oh man I love coffee.

Tea's good too and all but I could go days without drinking it and not miss it.

Coffee though. Oh man coffee. Drinking coffee is like the warm embrace of a liquidy lover all delicious and perky and..... oh..... I..... eh, have to go and change my pants do something else now.

bye.

You're not fussed either way then?:confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Tea.

The smell of coffee is vile, and the taste makes me throw up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

I'll have a Bulmers please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Sindri wrote: »
    A tip for making tea.

Never boil the water twice. It takes the oxygen out of the water and impedes the brewing capabilities of it. Always use freshly boiled water.

I keep hearing this but it can't possibly be true. The amount of dissolved oxygen in boiling water is 0. So, you can't possibly remove more oxygen by boiling it a second time.

Oxygen solubility curve.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Tea.

The connoisseurs of fine coffee drive me cracked. You swear some people were someliers the way they bullsh1t about the taste of it.

Advertisement