Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can't wait for Season 2 of Walking Dead?

• 04-10-2011 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭

In case you missed it, I posted this over in the Zombie forum :)

http://www.movieweb.com/news/watch-all-six-the-walking-dead-webisodes

AMC has launched a new web series that ties directly into their hit The Walking Dead, which returns for Season 2 on October 16th with What Lies Ahead. Directed by FX legend and new executive producer Greg Nicotero, The Walking Dead Webisodes revolve around the zombification of 'bicycle girl', the half-zombie that Rick (Andrew Lincoln) shoots in the head during Season 1's Days Gone Bye. Each installment focuses on Hannah's (Lilli Birdsell) life and struggles as the zombie apocalypse explodes around her. To watch all six episodes in this clever spin-off of The Walking Dead, click on the clips below.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

That show got awful boring after the pilot and i am not going to watch season two as i feel it dosent deserve my custom.
    (puts on flame retardent suit)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

That show got awful boring after the pilot and i am not going to watch season two as i feel it dosent deserve my custom.
    (puts on flame retardent suit)

agree, the pilot and 2nd episode were brilliant then it got really sh1t really quickly, I'll give season 2 a chance but I dont have high hopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Agreed with the above, I think after the fast paced opening it settled down and the last 2 episodes kind of faded away apart from
    a night time attack on their camp when a few died or got bitten.

I'll watch season 2 and see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

I actually enjoyed this more on my second watch through.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

A lot of people are saying they thought it got boring half way through the season. Am I alone in thinking it was brilliant?! Ok so it wasn't all blood and guts every 5 mins but I thought it was genius and can't wait for season 2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Dean09 wrote: »
    A lot of people are saying they thought it got boring half way through the season. Am I alone in thinking it was brilliant?! Ok so it wasn't all blood and guts every 5 mins but I thought it was genius and can't wait for season 2!

its horribly written and badly acted for most of it, the one interesting character, the other cop, cant remember his name, goes from anti-hero to
    attempted rapist and crying in the shower guzzling wine in the funniest supposed dramatic scene ever
    and dont get me started on Mrs Hand Grenade. most contrived plot device I've ever seen. I always carry a live grenade on myself just in case I get trapped in a building with shatter proof windows anyway, dunno about you guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

krudler wrote: »
    and dont get me started on Mrs Hand Grenade. most contrived plot device I've ever seen

It was the grenade he found in the tank in episode one, Hardly Shakespeare but it was okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Having read the comics and then thinking "Oh great! This should be good!" I was bitterly disappointed... the acting was horrible - I hear the script writers have been fired already, I'm hoping season two is a much better production than the first one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ooooo webisodes, cos they're not always completely shít. When will producers learn, nobody gives a shít about webisodes. Feck all people watch them and because of that they can't do anything decent with them or do something that will affect the main story too much otherwise the millions of people who didn't bother their whole watching the webisodes will be lost. Just spend the time and money you were going to waste on webisodes and use it to make the season (you know, the one millions will watch as opposed to thousands) better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Have to agree, bit boring and camping out in the wilderness with no secure primeter is asking for trouble - hopefully season 2 is better and all the writers sacked and the lost writers hired! This way there might be some time Travel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

your all wrong.

its a great show.

/thread

your all wrong.

its a great show.

/thread
    Yes everyones wrong except you dude ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

thank you for acknowledging the tuth.

being from tallaght i can understand your difficulty.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Great show, better than most of the tripe out there nowadays. I shall look forward to it's return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Some of the special effects were amazing, but towards the end the last series the story was just Meh!!
    I'll watch the new one anyways, (with sickbeard it lines itself up when it's available and downloads itself :p)

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-webisodes-1-a-new-day
    theres some webisodes for any and all. :cool:

Edit: that was awesome, much better than most of the first season actually. Maybe i shall watch season 2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

those were great!
    think the mom could have done more to get her kids to safety, She had more time till she began to change, though perhaps she didn't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jayster74

Well as for me i loved it been dyin for the 2nd installment!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭King John The Last

I liked it too. Haters gonna hate.

Advertisement