Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OnePlus One Available Direct to Ireland (Back to €299 + €18 shipping)

Options
  • 10-03-2015 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

OnePlus One is now available directly to Ireland and is only €299. Down from the Sterling conversion of about €369 from the UK store.

Available without an invite today and every Tuesday.

https://oneplus.net/ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Both models out of stock already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

Absolute bargain. Only downside is that it's going to be recommended constantly whenever anyone asks for phone advice on boards! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Yes, good deal alright, I ordered one from Germany last week using mailboxde.com, still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm assuming these are shipped from Europe yes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I'm assuming these are shipped from Europe yes?

From the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

No stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Both models appear to be in stock at the moment.

Didn't see it mentioned but 16GB model (white) is 269 EUR, the 64GB model (black) is 299 EUR.

Edit: tried it again and both showing in stock. Am able to get all the way through to checkout. It says on the page "Every Tuesday. 24 hours. No invite needed".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

2 shipping options, nice to see.

€18.99 or €19.99

WTF?? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Has anyone tried their Silver Bullet Earphones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

What about shipping to parcel motel?

What about shipping to parcel motel?

Think you might have to use the UK site then, meaning higher price for the unit, but you'd still have to pay shipping to 1+ so it would be way dearer.

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Also, I though that goggle charging £10 to ship the Nexus' was a bit steep, but turns out it's cheap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

ordered!

Ordered too, thanks OP.

Bit the bullet and went for the posh 19.99 delivery :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

OnePlus are going to corner the market at that price tbh when it sinks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Has anyone tried their Silver Bullet Earphones?

I have them. There grand...Not sure what else you can say about them. They play music. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I have them. There grand...Not sure what else you can say about them. They play music. :p

Sadly, not all earphones are created equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Ordered... Damn it... I didn't need a new phone.. Oh well, Another Nexus 5 will be hitting Adverts :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Tempting but I just realised how large the screen is. I've a nexus 4 and I consider that verging on a bit too large for ease of use. A comparison tool below for anyone wanting to compare screen sizes.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Google-Nexus-4_id7531/size#/phones/Google-Nexus-4_id7531/size/Apple-iPhone-6,OnePlus-One/phones/8346,8603

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

machalla wrote: »
    Tempting but I just realised how large the screen is. I've a nexus 4 and I consider that verging on a bit too large for ease of use. A comparison tool below for anyone wanting to compare screen sizes.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Google-Nexus-4_id7531/size#/phones/Google-Nexus-4_id7531/size/Apple-iPhone-6,OnePlus-One/phones/8346,8603

I went from a Nexus 4 to the Oneplus, at first I was worried about the size but you get used to it in no time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

machalla wrote: »

xtal191 wrote: »
    I went from a Nexus 4 to the Oneplus, at first I was worried about the size but you get used to it in no time.

This +1. Went from N4 to OnePlus. No bother with size and you don't notice it after a few days. Great upgrade. With the pricing, make sure you pay the small bit extra for the 64gb over the 16gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,613 ✭✭✭✭listermint

xtal191 wrote: »

Same here, In fact using my work phone (HTC One M7)

It feels like a child phone now,

Go away childs phone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭5star02707

Great price for 300 euros. But for me too late as I recently bought an S5 in January :( couldv'e waited a bit longer for this 64gb O+O

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

thanks OP.. ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Sappy404

The Oppo Find 7a - a very similar handset - is on sale for €349 at present, including delivery, bluetooth headphones, a 32gb Micro SD card, a screen protector, case and charger. The battery isn't as good but it is removable, as is the storage.

Link: https://europe.oppostyle.com/find-7a-reloaded

Comparison with OnePlus One: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6215&idPhone2=6327

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

I have z3 compact which I really like but it overheated and the rare glass cracked. I need to send it away to my insurance company when I get back to Ireland and I'll be without a phone for about 10 business days while it's repaired. I'm considering just getting this and selling the Z3 Compact when it comes back from being repaired.

Anyone think I'm mad? Z3 gets slightly higher reviews and has a ridiculously good battery but I'm really annoyed with the screen cracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Cant signup to the site, guess the site is swamped

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

I've heard you can't get 4G on it in Ireland due to it not supporting band 20.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/uk-europe-4g-lte-incompatibility.962/

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

I couldn't get an invite when I was looking at purchasing a new phone back in December and, after research, I had decided on a OnePlusOne. Eventually I ordered it from Onepulsone.eu and it came in at about €350 at the time inc delivery.

I will say however that it's not a decision I've regretted - excellent phone with phenomenal battery life (i.e. rarely less then 50% when it gets charged at night and I've never had it run out).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

KonFusion wrote: »
    I've heard you can't get 4G on it in Ireland due to it not supporting band 20.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/uk-europe-4g-lte-incompatibility.962/

Only true for Vodafone and o2.

Advertisement