Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Econimic question on cash spending

Options
  • 19-06-2010 7:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

I am currently on holidays in the US, and for the first time using there dollar currency. I noticed that after a few weeks i had accumilated a lot of doller bills in my wallet. however the majority of these are one doller notes, with a lot of mass and not alot of value.

my question is because we in Ireland do not have one euro notes, we instead must carry alot of one and two euro coins around, that ends up becauming heavy and thus we desire to spend it to get rid of it, in america they can carry around a lot of one doller notes with out the weight of the cash.

Would this so called Increased spending of cash in europeing countries affect the finantial world in any way, or would it affect other areas?

Comments

I don't think it has anything beyond a negligible effect. Personally, coins have the opposite effect for me. When I have too many coins in my pocket i put them in the massive drawer of small change in my bedroom.

Advertisement