Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dreamer of the year (Arcade Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Corholio wrote: »
    I love the way he replies to you a few times before you answer, like not knowing if someone hangs up on you on the phone :pac:

Haha, yeah im at work, take it easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

not sure which is worse, the stickers on the side of it or the Union Jack stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,420 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Someone offered 700? :eek:

o1s1n wrote: »
    Someone offered 700? :eek:
    Surely you could get a nice actual cab for 700

• Advertisement

http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/brand-new-xbox-1st-gen-crystal-limited-edition/8068366

even a brand new fully boxed and complete version isn't worth that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

http://www.donedeal.ie/games-for-sale/upright-arcade-machine-for-sale/9321697?offset=14

How could you even play it with the control panel at that angle

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

No price on Golden Tee, probably rip off like the rest though.

Yea but it is retail prices. I wonder do they offer much after care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I've visited that seller/company before TBH, they really just deal with snooker/pool tables, ticket issuing game machines, jukeboxes. If you visited them and put in an offer on one of those cabs I'm sure they would consider it. Don't see them flogging a VS3 Naomi anytime soon for over 1k
    Yea but it is retail prices. I wonder do they offer much after care.

I asked about the game machines, they suggested they don't - kinda sold as is with a limited (3 month maybe?) warranty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

€125, a tad steep for a 2600 that works, though this one may not.
    I'm not seeing any controllers with it either, and no games too.
    link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    €125, a tad steep for a 2600 that works, though this one may not.
    I'm not seeing any controllers with it either, and no games too.
    link

You just made me remember that i have one in the attic at the parents house, jesus, it must be 20 years since i plugged it in, cant even remember what games i have for it!

Guess what im digging out this weekend - id say it will be a miracle if it powers up though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Access wrote: »
    You just made me remember that i have one in the attic at the parents house, jesus, it must be 20 years since i plugged it in, cant even remember what games i have for it!

Guess what im digging out this weekend - id say it will be a miracle if it powers up though!

They are pretty robust, should be fine once it was kept dry.
    Just remember the games are of a certain vintage, they may not be quite the multimedia, visual extravaganza that you remember!
    Though Defender is fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

This gamecube and N64 I have in front of the tv are worth nearly £2500 :eek: better get selling.

cloud493 wrote: »
    This gamecube and N64 I have in front of the tv are worth nearly £2500 :eek: better get selling.

Contact them tell them you'll do a deal for £1500 :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Where in the name of fook is he getting those prices from? I think a 'senior news reporter' just did a highest to lowest search on ebay and picked out some VGA approved rubbish.

Wish there was a comments section so I could tell him he's a hack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Contact them tell them you'll do a deal for £1500 :D

1500 if you can meet in dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Wish there was a comments section so I could tell him he's a hack.

There is a comments section and he's been told off by a few people, but it's Metro so they only care that we clicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I was in the rage for the first time last week. There was a copy of Twilight Princess for GC on the shelf. Checked the price, 95 euro. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I was in the rage for the first time last week. There was a copy of Twilight Princess for GC on the shelf. Checked the price, 95 euro. :eek:

The price of that one has been high for years, because if it's relative rarity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yeah I requested it as a Christmas present last year, as it was only going higher & higher. I very stupidly walked past that on the shelves when it was being retailed for £40, thinking "why would anyone buy it on GC, surely the Wii is the one to own it for?". Ah naivety :o

the going rate for one in decent nick on fleabay seems to be about £50, which is approx €70, so their price is high but not stupidly outrageous considering they've overheads to cover.

I swore they bumped the price of a dreamcast up too.
    Also they banned me from their facebook page :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

the going rate for one in decent nick on fleabay seems to be about £50, which is approx €70, so their price is high but not stupidly outrageous considering they've overheads to cover.

While true, it's been observed on several occasions that a 'decent nick' game on ebay, doesn't always equate to a decent nick copy in The RAGE....despite being priced very similarly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I hope none of the "Douche" rubbed off on you? :)
    I just don't go in there anymore, it's not even the prices at this stage, just the people :(

we're all still waiting for you to open your shop Steve, blow them out of the water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

we're all still waiting for you to open your shop Steve, blow them out of the water.

That's on a major back burner for now. There's just too much money to be made in IT Contracting at the moment for me to turn my back on it right now.
    Plenty of IT money floating around these days, and I'll take as much as I can get :)

Advertisement