Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokémon Rumble World

Options
  • 23-04-2015 12:40pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, this freemium game has been out a while on 3DS, anyone else playing? It's decent enough, admittedly I'm not fond of ninty starting doing the whole freemium thing though.

So far I've picked up three legendaries, Suicune, Ho-oh, and Kyogre, and completed two areas fully.

Edit, make that three. Just got Chesnaught to complete the first grassy area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

Personally don't like that or Shuffle, wish they'd make a console game like XD/Stadium again but I think since the main series games are in 3D they don't have an interest in that type of game! :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

They are all right as a bit of a time-sink, but they aren't as good as main series, it's true. I'd love for a new Snap on the Wii U :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I won't post them in case it's a problem for the site but did you see the list of datamined activation codes for getting a bunch of pokemon and outfits?
    Haven't started playing yet - how does it compare to Rumble U, which was something of an abomination in my eyes?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nah, I hadn't seen them.

I haven't played Rumble U, but it's pretty much the same as Pokémon Rumble Blast on the 3DS, with the main changes being the areas have a cooldown, and diamonds (which you can buy with RL money, the aspect I don't like).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Ridley

Angron wrote: »
    I'd love for a new Snap on the Wii U :pac:

Would be great if there was a free-roaming safari game.

I play Rumble World on and off. I like Shufflé as a five minute time killer.

• Advertisement

Pokemon Snap should be their big Mobile game, using GPS and the phone's camera to create an augmented reality game that lets you catch pokemon in action in the outside world - ties into the QoL thing too by making you exercise and even broaden your horizons a little if you're willing to travel to get the rare ones. Instead of limiting your photos to encourage you to buy diamonds, they should drive to earn their money from tourist boards - a brown paper bag arrives in Ninty HQ, and BAM! Lugia was spotted outside the Titanic Experience in Belfast - get over there fast, trainers!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

Banjo wrote: »
    Pokemon Snap should be their big Mobile game, using GPS and the phone's camera to create an augmented reality game that lets you catch pokemon in action in the outside world - ties into the QoL thing too by making you exercise and even broaden your horizons a little if you're willing to travel to get the rare ones. Instead of limiting your photos to encourage you to buy diamonds, they should drive to earn their money from tourist boards - a brown paper bag arrives in Ninty HQ, and BAM! Lugia was spotted outside the Titanic Experience in Belfast - get over there fast, trainers!

Could you imagine that with kids though? "Maaaa bring me to Belfast now!!!" :p

you give your kids a smart phone, you made your own bed...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm really not enjoying this one. I was waiting for the love for it to kick in and I'd really start to dig it, but it just feels stale and boring to me. However, Pokémon: Shuffle, on the other hand, I absolutely love.

Advertisement