Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible poltergeist ??

• 19-06-2014 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if anyone on the forum might be able to shed some light on this ?

Its not the first time similar incidents have happened in my house which I've been living in for 3 years. I woke up this morning and headed down stairs through my living room, first thing I notice is one of my motorbike helmets sitting perfectly upright (its an open face) with the gloves inside it on the other side of the room to where I left it the evening before. There was no way it could have rolled to this position on its own as its not very stable sitting like this.

Neither myself nor my girlfriend were down stairs or sleep walk. Other things have happened in the past like cupboards and wardrobes being opened in the middle of the night. Even a small pool of water perfectly placed on a shelf in a wardrobe with no visible way it could have gotten there.

My girlfriend has put two and two together and noticed that these things are happening when either of us is stressed or upset by something, either work, personal life or money etc.

Is it possible these things could be connected and we are somehow enabling a spirit in the house ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Thats a hard one to answer. I think its possible for humans, under stress, to somehow unconsciously move stuff. I assume so anyway as I was once in a house where I had been asked to visit due to things moving, and I witnessed two items popping off the wall and throwing themselves at the person concerned. When he was calm and relaxed though, these things didnt happen. Then again, in my own home I had various occasions where things would have moved - in one case the livingroom door fell straight off its hinges when it was opened first thing in the morning. Plus radios and TVs were turning off and on, objects were disappearing and reappearing days later etc etc

Point is though, I have no idea how you'd go about resolving any of that. I doubt you'll come to any harm all the same, so personally I wouldn't let it bug me.

KTRIC wrote: »
    Even a small pool of water perfectly placed on a shelf in a wardrobe with no visible way it could have gotten there.

It is interesting you mention that, as this is something I've also come across. Little puddles of water in places where it's unlikely puddles of water could form.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Hi there

Are you sure that you definitely left your helmet and gloves where you think you left them?

I know that I'm constantly forgetting exactly where I left something and if anything distracts me when I'm doing something, I can put something down and have no idea where i left it.

Putting your motorcycle helmet down somewhere slightly different to where you normally put it is not the kind of event your brain would bother playing close attention to.

Is it possible that your girlfriend moved it without thinking? Maybe she was looking for something and moved it in her search..

Same with cupboards being opened. While we all like to think 'I always close the cupboard after me' and blame the wife/girlfriend/kids whenever we smack our head off the corner of the open press, people open and close cupboards and drawers so frequently that they are mundane and utterly forgettable occasions. You might think the presses were all closed going to bed, but it's possible they were left open all night.

Water pools can be caused by lots of things, wet clothes, condensation, pets or other animals...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Akrasia wrote: »
    Hi there

Are you sure that you definitely left your helmet and gloves where you think you left them?

No, not in this case, both of us recall seeing it in its original location before we went to bed and I was the first down stairs this morning.
    Akrasia wrote: »
    Same with cupboards being opened. While we all like to think 'I always close the cupboard after me' and blame the wife/girlfriend/kids whenever we smack our head off the corner of the open press, people open and close cupboards and drawers so frequently that they are mundane and utterly forgettable occasions. You might think the presses were all closed going to bed, but it's possible they were left open all night.

Water pools can be caused by lots of things, wet clothes, condensation, pets or other animals...

All the wardrobes were open when I woke up one morning, in my room. I was living alone at the time and the water was sitting in a neat pool on one of the shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

this does sound like poltergeist activity to me, but can you rule out sleep walking?

• Advertisement

mrmorgan wrote: »
    this does sound like poltergeist activity to me, but can you rule out sleep walking?

Neither of us have a history of sleep walking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I've experienced all of what you have described and more in my parents house for years, stuff still happens to this day but everyone is so used to all that happens now that it's almost overlooked and ignored, I haven't made my mind up on what the source of all the incidents are but it's interesting all the same.

Just pay no attention to it and you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

Hey Kitric,

Few questions:

Does it happen anywhere? Or only at the house?
    Are one or both of you potentially psychic?
    Is the house old?

I have learned how to tell what the energy is by simply listening to my intuition when it happens.. (major stuff happens to me all the time...both of my own doing and spirit world.) In fact I went to get a healing done last sat and had to apologise to the guy as his large picture slanted sidewards afterwards..) If I give healings too stuff in the room can go a bit mental but only cas there is physical energy about...

Next time it happens simply close your eyes and say to yourself what is it? Ask who it is? Sense how you are feeling? Is it internal or external to you? Whatever immediately pops into your head (without your ego thinking about it) is usually the answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Had an experience myself there at the weekend. I was staying in a B&B in Cork along the Western Road. I was asleep and beside the bed,on a dresser, was a saucer and empty cup. In the middle of the night there was a huge bang, the cup and saucer were on the floor. Not sure how they fell but cant think of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Riamfada wrote: »
    Had an experience myself there at the weekend. I was staying in a B&B in Cork along the Western Road. I was asleep and beside the bed,on a dresser, was a saucer and empty cup. In the middle of the night there was a huge bang, the cup and saucer were on the floor. Not sure how they fell but cant think of anything.

You've ruled out you kicking the dresser then waking yourself up in time to hear the cup hit the floor?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.R.

KTRIC wrote: »
    I'm wondering if anyone on the forum might be able to shed some light on this ?

Its not the first time similar incidents have happened in my house which I've been living in for 3 years. I woke up this morning and headed down stairs through my living room, first thing I notice is one of my motorbike helmets sitting perfectly upright (its an open face) with the gloves inside it on the other side of the room to where I left it the evening before. There was no way it could have rolled to this position on its own as its not very stable sitting like this.

Neither myself nor my girlfriend were down stairs or sleep walk. Other things have happened in the past like cupboards and wardrobes being opened in the middle of the night. Even a small pool of water perfectly placed on a shelf in a wardrobe with no visible way it could have gotten there.

My girlfriend has put two and two together and noticed that these things are happening when either of us is stressed or upset by something, either work, personal life or money etc.

Is it possible these things could be connected and we are somehow enabling a spirit in the house ??

Leave video camera in front of your helmet every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Riamfada wrote: »
    Similar thing happened the night I stayed in a B&B when I attended that PIGs investigation of Blarney all those years ago. ;)

Is it by any chance it's the same B&B, I was staying in the one yourselves stayed in for that investigation, woke both me and the girlfriend up in the middle of the night, was an almighty bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Not having a history of sleep walking doesn't mean you never do it, especially in times of stress. I sleepwalked twice in the run up to an exam a few years ago. I hadn't done it before and haven't done it since.

kylith wrote: »
    Not having a history of sleep walking doesn't mean you never do it, especially in times of stress. I sleepwalked twice in the run up to an exam a few years ago. I hadn't done it before and haven't done it since.

Lets just say its ruled out and leave it there. Something else I didn't put in this thread but brought it up in another one and it was mad a joke of. Last year I actually saw something move right in front of me. I was in the bathroom and the towel on the rail moved as if someone put their hand behind and lifted it up. :eek:

Around 2004/2005 I was having weird stuff happen at home, many instances of which I posted up here and all of which were laughed out of the place. Didn't stop it from happening though and just because people don't believe you, doesn't mean it's not happening to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

why would you all be laughed at? why not speak your truth? get beyond your ego..

I get physical apports.. which means things appear out of nowhere.. stuff gets moved around me all the time.. they disappear and reappear.. (after i ask them nicely to put them back)... tonight i did a meditation with a new group and got raps and taps.. luckily there were no pictures or they would have moved also... its physical energy.. we are all consciousness and not only phsycial beings... who is to say that some of you might possess psychokenisis.. levitation abilities? manifestation even? these are all psychic gifts.. normal stuff in other countries.. irish people are virgin to all this stuff... have an open mind.. and you may just find the answers?

Best advice i can give you in this circumstance is don't put 2 and 2 together, dont keep a report. If you start doing that you will drive yourself mad and your 2 and 2 will turn out to be 8. Dont call in a paranormal team as more then likely they will move that 8 to a 10.

Secondly if it is poltergeist activity (which is highly unlikely) there is no proof its a "ghost" or its a spirit of somebody passed. Its just a strange phenomenon we dont know much about yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

I would be inclined to think it is stress related OK. Recently I was bothered about something, which I have since forgotten about, and whilst in that stressed state of mind, placed my hand on the back of a dining table chair which slid forwards. I didn't push the chair at all, as soon as I made contact it slid. It doesn't bother me, one of these things which science has yet to explain AFAIC.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 hotamatua

I moved into my house 10 years ago and a couple of odd things happened in the first couple of years residing here.One time I came home from work,threw on the kettle and turned on the tv.I put a spoon in a cup while the kettle was boiling and lay on the sofa and watched the news headines which were on at the time.Anyhow,I dozed off for maybe 5 or minutes and I was woken by the sound of the spoon spinning or oscillating in the cup.There is no way that spoon could have still have been moving from when i put it in the cup.In my mind,this is definitive eveidence that "something is out there" wherever "there" is!

Advertisement