Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oneplus X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Phibsboro wrote: »
    In fairness the shipping wasn't known beforehand (though obviously now I realise these shipping prices are the same as OPO/OPT).

Express shipping from the UK is only a tenner, where are they getting 25e from. Such a pity really, the key selling point for this baby is its price. I wonder can I get a Ryanair flight to paris for that price and pick it up at the pop up shop :)

When I bought my OPO we had to buy from the English Store. Express shipping was £15 for me then. When they went live with the Irish Store shipping came in at €15 normal and €20 express.

The OP2 is being shipped from China at the moment so I assume that's where the OPX will ship from as well hence the long lead times on delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Very few covers available either at the minute, was so close to pulling the trigger, but seeing as I dropped my coverless OPO within hours of getting it, I need a cover!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I'm pretty sure what the answer is, but I will ask anyway.

What is the "protective case" specified in the OnePlus X specs page, under "In The Box"?

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-05%20at%2010.32.32_zps6eoeyr2e.png
    It's a typo! There's no case included.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭beecee

JoyPad wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure what the answer is, but I will ask anyway.

What is the "protective case" specified in the OnePlus X specs page, under "In The Box"?

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-05%20at%2010.32.32_zps6eoeyr2e.png
    It's a typo! There's no case included.

I thought I saw an unboxing with a clear rubber case... let me see if I can dig it out... here we go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OWY0MO_QrM&feature=youtu.be&t=2m48s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

beecee wrote: »
    I thought I saw an unboxing with a clear rubber case... let me see if I can dig it out...

Ditto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

There dosen't seem to be any cases or screen protectors available on the site..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Anyone found good quality pictures of the white version? Cant find hardly any online

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭pedatron

Ordered this morning. I hope CEX still take €220 for the OnePlus one. Gonna trade in Tomorrow and use a busted nexus 5 for the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Phibsboro wrote: »
    I actually have it all set up to ship to PM from when I was contemplating a OPO a while back. But the exchange rate has killed us in the meantime - 200 sterling is around 280e, which means it is pretty much to the penny the same as the euro price with the increased shipping.

Ah well. Tempted to just bite the bullet and order the bloody thing...

Bullet well and truly bitten. Now for the agonising wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Does this come with a screen protector attached as the others now do I think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

The White & Gold OPX will be coming to France in mid December so I might wait til then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭budgemook

My phone (Elephone P6000) is bashed up after about 5 accidents (including kicking it into the dodder) so it's new phone time. Bought one of these. A little bit more expensive than I was expecting, especially with delivery, but hopefully it turns out to be worth it. I'll be a bit more careful with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

What was the total including delivery? 300 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

What was the total including delivery? 300 euro?
    OnePlus X Onyx (UK)     €269.00
    Shipping & Handling	 €24.49
    Grand Total             €293.49

Are OnePlus good for pushing Android updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

JoyPad wrote: »
    OnePlus X Onyx (UK)     €269.00
    Shipping & Handling	 €24.49
    Grand Total             €293.49

Pricey shipping for a light parcel! Damn them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Pricey shipping for a light parcel! Damn them

Exact same I paid last week for my OP2. In fairness I ordered it near midnight on Thursday last and I got it on Tuesday afternoon so it was a quick turnaround from China to Ireland.

budgemook wrote: »
    Are OnePlus good for pushing Android updates?

They have their own custom Rom called Oxygen currently running on Lillipop and there's rumours that they will be updating to Marshmallow on the OP2 in the new year.

Jayop wrote: »
    Exact same I paid last week for my OP2. In fairness I ordered it near midnight on Thursday last and I got it on Tuesday afternoon so it was a quick turnaround from China to Ireland.

I wonder are the Oneplus Xs dispatching immediately? I hope so. Be nice to get it next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Damn, got a twitchy finger and bought it!

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    They have their own custom Rom called Oxygen currently running on Lillipop and there's rumours that they will be updating to Marshmallow on the OP2 in the new year.

Early in 2016 would be reasonable enough. Lack of upgrades is my main gripe with the cheaper Chinese phones.

How was the support for the OnePlus One, does anyone know?

budgemook wrote: »
    Early in 2016 would be reasonable enough. Lack of upgrades is my main gripe with the cheaper Chinese phones.

How was the support for the OnePlus One, does anyone know?

Wasn't great. Think non tinkerers are still on 5.0 if even? Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm on the latest CM 12.1 (android 5.1.1) with no problems but rooting and flashing everyones idea of a good time!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭jusvi2001

Thank you for your order!
    Orders are normally processed within 5-10 business days, excluding shipping time.

i don't know what kind of express delivery they are offering for €24.49 which will take 5-10 business days, excluding shipping time.

Lads let me know when your order status updated to shipped who ordered oneplus x today.

cheers

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    Thank you for your order!
    Orders are normally processed within 5-10 business days, excluding shipping time.

i don't know what kind of express delivery they are offering for €24.49 which will take 5-10 business days, excluding shipping time.

Lads let me know when your order status updated to shipped who ordered oneplus x today.

cheers

The 5 to 10 days has nothing to do with shipping. That's how long to process it and it could well be much shorter, I'd say they say that to cover their arses.

I got exactly the same message last week when I ordered the op2 and I had it in my hand in three business days.

pedatron wrote: »
    Wasn't great. Think non tinkerers are still on 5.0 if even? Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm on the latest CM 12.1 (android 5.1.1) with no problems but rooting and flashing everyones idea of a good time!

Anything will be better than Elephone support! No issue with flashing although haven't been bothered in a number of years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Any chance of getting hit by import taxes one one plus phones? Do they ship from China?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

bush wrote: »
    Any chance of getting hit by import taxes one one plus phones? Do they ship from China?

You wont pay any customs on OnePlus phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

yabadabado wrote: »
    You wont pay any customs on OnePlus phones.

Just to clear this up Yaba, you won't pay customs on One Plus phones purchased directly from One Plus.

If you bought from somewhere else you may be liable for import duties etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just to clear this up Yaba, you won't pay customs on One Plus phones purchased directly from One Plus.

If you bought from somewhere else you may be liable for import duties etc.

Yeah fair point but I presumed op meant direct from oneplus. I wouldn't advise anyone to buy from a 3rd party site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

anyone have a spare invite for a one plus X?

Advertisement