Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Murray...an asshole?

• 23-10-2009 6:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Over the years i heard Murray was a very difficult actor to work with, what's your take on him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I like him as an actor iv heard he has his moments but other than that seems like a normal enough guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Dunno never worked with the guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Is Bill Murray an asshole?

Probably.

If he wasnt he wouldnt be so ridiculously watchable in every movie Ive ever seen him in.

Bill Murray kicks ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Over the years i heard Murray was a very difficult actor to work with, what's your take on him?

I tiled a pub toilet with him in Carlow, and he kept stealing the luncheon sausage out of my sandwich. That being said, he's good at grouting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,076 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Is Bill Murray an asshole?

Probably.

If he wasnt he wouldnt be so ridiculously watchable in every movie Ive ever seen him in.

Bill Murray kicks ass.

Indeed. It is okay to be an asshole once you are an hilarious, kick-ass asshole.
    Huh. Don't think I've ever used the word ass so many times in a sentence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Who gives a rats ass if he is.

The guy is a living legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

he could well be an a-hole but i still love the guy

bruce willis is generally accepted as being an asshole , not only am i ok with this , i actually like the idea and think this is as it should be when it comes to bruce

• Registered Users Posts: 19 grafter12

I've worked with him (well indirectly). I work in the games industry and was working on the Ghostbusters game where we were using the voices of the original actors for it, which of course BM was one. We had all of the other actors in the bag and just needed his to finish up the recording session, and it took nearly 3 months to get him, he had to record only 300 lines (which would have taken 3-4 hours to do).

Out of desperation, after 2 months of no shows at the studio, the company even arranged to pay for himself and his brother to fly to Hawaii for a weekends golf trip with no expense spared and to get him into the studio to do his lines between rounds, he agreed to this, then on the morning of the flight he never turned up (whole thing cost over $20K).

So you decided for yourself what you think of him, granted at the time he was going through a divorce... but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

He's bound to be an asshole.. check out this clip of him bowling with Woody Harrellson.

He acts like an utter dick... and on camera.. with people applauding.. and he wears a hair-piece! :eek:

Apparently his real name is Ernie McCracken too.

PS - if the guy keeps putting in performances even half as good as "Big Ern", he could start drowning puppies professionally.. and I couldn't care less! ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

frag420 wrote: »
    Dunno never worked with the guy

Agreed.

I love Bill Murray ever since Ghostbusters...his cameo in Zombieland was just awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭CliffHuxtabel

He seemed like such an asshole at the start of that Groundhog day documentary... always so impatient and condescending with everyone.

By the end though he seemed ok, like he had been redeemed or something.

^^

I think its safe to say that the jokes have been done.

Its OK though,you tri...,well,at least you posted.

:)

^^

I think its safe to say that the jokes have been done.

Its OK though,you tri...,well,at least you posted.

:)

youre just jealous you didnt come up with it

:P

youre just jealous you didnt come up with it

:P

That honours Junior Cert science is really paying off.

Id say you are probably the funniest person on boards,maybe in the whole world.

That honours Junior Cert science is really paying off.

Id say you are probably the funniest person on boards,maybe in the whole world.

had a bad night, ned?

Ya,ive got an awful ring sting going on.

Like Dave Best said,Ive got an arse like a chewed orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭garyt24

Ghostbusters....Best movies ever so who cares if he is an asshole..i dont have to work with him..i just watch his movies...and talk of a ghostbusters 3...BRING IT ON

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If Bill Murray's an asshole then I guess I love asshole.

I don't mean that in the gay way, just that Bill Murray is cool and if...... Bill Murray is cool.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

bill murray is cool !

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

I heard he had a fight with one of the Charlie's Angels, Lucy Liu I believe. Thats why he wasn't in the sequal. I'd say he's 'difficult' alright but in most of his films he's kind of assholeish anyway so its good for us viewers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I met him at the first Cat Laughs festival and he was nothing short of charming. He volunteered his time to meet fans and film buffs and answer questions and sign autographs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Bill's great just the way he is. He should have his own forum. If mustard can have one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

sugarman wrote: »
    A friend of a friend(:rolleyes:) was getting the tube in london a few months back, was going down the escalator as you do and she spots who she thinks looks like the man himself coming up the escalator parallel to hers.

Herself says it to her mate and they're like nahhh... it cant be, it's just some aul geezer etc etc.. but as he got closer and closer they noticed it actually was him and he'd took notice of the girls staring him out it (nobody else had batted an eye lid at him) so as he passed the girls on the escalator he leaned over giving a 'come here finger' and whispers "Nobody will ever believe you!", laughs to himself and on he went!

So no;)

BIll20Murry.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Agreed.

I love Bill Murray ever since Ghostbusters...his cameo in Zombieland was just awesome.

Maybe use a spoiler for us who havent seen Zombieland ASSHOLE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

so ridiculously watchable

:rolleyes:

C'mon will ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Maybe use a spoiler for us who havent seen Zombieland ASSHOLE!!
    It's a spoiler to say an actors in a movie...playing himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

Tragedy wrote: »

thanks for spoiling it even more :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Tragedy wrote: »

ive yet to watch a movie without 1st knowing who was staring in it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

all I heard was there was a great camo in the movie and now you ruined it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

all I heard was there was a great camo in the movie and now you ruined it.
    How does knowing who does the cameo ruin it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement