Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Season 3, Episode 7: A Measure Of Salvation [SPOILERS]

• 11-11-2006 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

WOW that was a quick one from our cousins 3am! i went to sleep early expecting the cousins to be slow.

great episode relay enjoyed it, waent everything i was hoping for i wanted a scene at the end on the basestar with baltar, deana, caprica and head six

was interesting the way head six was trying to teach baltar to block out pain much like the cylons can...

Rate This Episode 51 votes

Amazing - This Is Why I Watch This Show
    0%
    15%
    gandalfslartibardfasteamon234Carl.BAnCapaillMorp4poeticCork boy 55Keplar240B 8 votes
    15%
    CloverIvanPugsleyUser45701murfieRattlehead_iexanthorzen63 8 votes
    19%
    ButcherOfNogmewsoStarkScruffRiamfadaHaruspexRollo TamasiDaposJack B. Baddaidan_r 10 votes
    33%
    PraetorianNeoSlicerZGoodshapec0y0teVultureMisterAnarchypassiveNuttzzmonkeyfudgethelordofcheeseDingChavezNukemmcgoverniguanared dave5uspectAnti 17 votes
    5%
    Johnny StormyoucancallmealIompair 3 votes
    5%
    VenommagickRi_Nollaig 3 votes
    0%
    3%
    damienDonalMcTavish 2 votes
    1 - A Few More Like This And Ill Stop Watching
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

why was no one with the prisoners ready to shoot them when it was a key part of the plan, someone should have been with them 24/7 to make sure they were alive so that they could be killed. bit too easy of a cop out in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Jaysus another brilliant episode. This is just getting better and better.

Just finished watching the season boxset so back up to par with all the back stories as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

All I can say is Hugh Borg... what an utter rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Helo is an idiot , i cant believe he managed to betray his people

now it seems like its a race to earth between humans and cylons

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I thought it was a bit blah TBH.
    Nice to see a bit of space combat again though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

I thought it was an 'ok' episode, but not amazing.

Favourite quote though is at the start when the colonials are
    bording the basestar and someone says "Gods, what happened here" and a smart ass marine replies "I don't know, but their fraq'in resurrection ship is gonna overheat!"

Sheer class.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Hi folks, didn't know there was a BSG board here until recently and only decided to post now. I'm a huge fan, I hope it follows the trend and gets better and better.

I quite enjoyed the episode, I was expecting a much quieter one after all the budget sapping bells and whistles of the last few episodes.

Spoiler!!!
    So now they know about the Cylon virus why don't they flood the fleet with it? Or at least use it as a Cylon detector to find more Cylon bio weapons?
    Maybe they'll bash out some new story tangents from it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i thought this was a disappointing episode inparticular how
    they actually questioned the idea of a chance to destroy the cylons or atleast get them to stop following them. Then helo sabotaging the cell killing the cylons and how adama didnt really care...
    . shame as the previous episode was brillant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Was a good episode untill help killed the captured cylons. This would not be able to happen, As there should be guards stationed with the prisioners. And this would not effect sharon anyway. And its getting mroe and more obvious, Gaeis is a cylon. Hes one of the previous 6 models. I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

anti wrote:
    . And its getting mroe and more obvious, Gaeis is a cylon. Hes one of the previous 6 models. I think.

Is it really. I think people are to used to crap american tv shows where the ending is obvious from the first few minutes. You ever thing that maybe the writers are deliberately taking us down this road, and that it's never going to be as obvious as you make out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭BKtje

and so what if he is? If he really is that im sure that they are doing all this on purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Decent enough episode,the weakest of this current series though.
    Too many plot holes and inconsistencies to make it very good.
    They introduced some killer disease, plot a big mission to wipe out the Cylons, and then...and then it all fizzled out.
    This was a big story line that needed more/better development.
    By the way it's time to create a new combat landing stock footage.
    I always think its silly the way all the vipers get back and no Cylon raider can get in.;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    Then helo sabotaging the cell killing the cylons and how adama didnt really care.

Adama didn't care because he thought that Helo was right to do it, Adama had "passed the buck" and was only following orders at that stage.

I do find the fact that the cylons were left on their own a bit strange, including the fact that there was no cameras in the room to keep an eye on them. Even with that plot hole, it's still better writing that almost every other show I'm watching.

Another plot hole I noticed that irked me more than the above was the fact that the doctor identified the virus as an exact match that broke out on Kobol 3000 years ago. How did he do this? Scripture? If it included detailed medical reports on virii, why the hell doesn't it include a star map to earth?

But far worse than all of these, one which almost ruined the whole show, was the fact that Helo turned down Athena while she was gagging for it. I mean, thats the mother of all plot holes right there!

Despite that, I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

A few plot holes alright, and a bit of a rushed ending. Still good stuff though :)

I'll give it a high-7.

(btw - I preferred the five option poll)
    All I can say is Hugh Borg... what an utter rip off
    The circumstances were quite different.
    they actually questioned the idea of a chance to destroy the cylons or atleast get them to stop following them. Then helo sabotaging the cell killing the cylons and how adama didnt really care...
    I thought that was very much in keeping with the shows moral stand points though. And Adama was obviously uneasy about the plan (committing genocide) from the beginning - you could see signs of relief on his face when the Cylon prisoners were reported as being already dead. Although they did wrap all that up a bit quickly at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I agree with Nuttzz. That episode wasn't thought out properly. The scenes with Baltar were good though.

5uspect wrote:
    Spoiler!!!
    So now they know about the Cylon virus why don't they flood the fleet with it? Or at least use it as a Cylon detector to find more Cylon bio weapons?
    Maybe they'll bash out some new story tangents from it...

Very good points. They should be able to use it to eliminate any possible Cylon infiltrators. If they dont follow up on your last point then, I'm afraid, its poor thinking/planning on the part of the writers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Praetorian wrote:
    The scenes with Baltar were good though.
    Every scene with Baltar is good,he should get his own spin off show,Baltars Mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    i thought this was a disappointing episode inparticular how
    . shame as the previous episode was brillant

anti wrote:
    Was a good episode untill help killed the captured cylons. This would not be able to happen, As there should be guards stationed with the prisioners. And this would not effect sharon anyway. And its getting mroe and more obvious, Gaeis is a cylon. Hes one of the previous 6 models. I think.

One of the 5 unknown you mean?
    By the way it's time to create a new combat landing stock footage.
    I always think its silly the way all the vipers get back and no Cylon raider can get in.;)
    [/spoiler]

Ah now come on that is just a pointless use of money, we know that they land we don't have to see it a different angles and such. Keep the money for something more usefull
    CatInABox wrote:
    Another plot hole I noticed that irked me more than the above was the fact that the doctor identified the virus as an exact match that broke out on Kobol 3000 years ago. How did he do this? Scripture? If it included detailed medical reports on virii, why the hell doesn't it include a star map to earth?

But far worse than all of these, one which almost ruined the whole show, was the fact that Helo turned down Athena while she was gagging for it. I mean, thats the mother of all plot holes right there!

Despite that, I enjoyed it.

I thought 3000 years ago the 13 colonies left kobol and one would assume that they carried the plague with them to the new 12 colonies - im assuming the records are from early medial logs on capricia and not from kobol itself
    Goodshape wrote:
    A few plot holes alright, and a bit of a rushed ending. Still good stuff though :)

I'll give it a high-7.

(btw - I preferred the five option poll)

The circumstances were quite different.

I thought that was very much in keeping with the shows moral stand points though. And Adama was obviously uneasy about the plan (committing genocide) from the beginning - you could see signs of relief on his face when the Cylon prisoners were reported as being already dead. Although they did wrap all that up a bit quickly at the end.

A few posts about this moral issue so the way i see it is, that it was a necessary step. what i find interesting is.... do the cylons have a chain of resurrection ships linking them from where they are now back to the cylon homeword?

surely the infection would just have infected those 4 basestars and all of the 7?
    Very good points. They should be able to use it to eliminate any possible Cylon infiltrators. If they dont follow up on your last point then, I'm afraid, its poor thinking/planning on the part of the writers.

These writers seem to think everything through so...
    Why not infect Athena, it would be a few mins before her antibody's went to work, she dies and is resurrected and then she would have no problem escaping the resurrection ship because all the others would be dead/dying before they had a chance to "box" her
    Every scene with Baltar is good,he should get his own spin off show,Baltars Mind.

Second!

Right on! :D

Wait till its revealed in the final ever episode that the whole series was a dream Balthar has been having while living in a mental institution on Caprica.

IMHO he needs to have more humorous scenes like he used to and also more sex scenes. (Just for a bit of variety) ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

User45701 wrote:
    Why not infect Athena, it would be a few mins before her antibody's went to work, she dies and is resurrected and then she would have no problem escaping the resurrection ship because all the others would be dead/dying before they had a chance to "box" her

But her new body wouldn't be immune to the virus as it had never carried Hera. What doesn't make sense about the episode though is that the virus was very easy for Codol to diagnose and cure. The humans knew that Baltar was with the cylons and as far as they knew he was willingly working with them. As much as they detest the man they do know he is a scientific genius and would surely assume him to be capable of curing the virus. It would still be worth a shot, but it would be a long shot and they should have known that.

• Advertisement

iguana wrote:
    But her new body wouldn't be immune to the virus as it had never carried Hera. What doesn't make sense about the episode though is that the virus was very easy for Codol to diagnose and cure. The humans knew that Baltar was with the cylons and as far as they knew he was willingly working with them. As much as they detest the man they do know he is a scientific genius and would surely assume him to be capable of curing the virus. It would still be worth a shot, but it would be a long shot and they should have known that.
    i wonder is there ever a chance that poor balter will be forgiven and return to the fleet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

The events of this episode make me want to kick Helo's face in. He is an officer, and the president of the colonies ordered that the cylons be wiped out. Like it or not, by sabotaging that mission, he is a traitor.
    Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    i wonder is there ever a chance that poor balter will be forgiven and return to the fleet :D
    He does eventually make it back to the fleet, in the second half of the season

The events of this episode make me want to kick Helo's face in. He is an officer, and the president of the colonies ordered that the cylons be wiped out. Like it or not, by sabotaging that mission, he is a traitor.
    He does eventually make it back to the fleet, in the second half of the season
    i knew i shouldnt have but i just had to read that spoiler...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

me neither, stoped after 3 words but got the gist of it :o

good episode, voted 8 but meant 7. bit disappointed my prediction didnt come true, wont gve up the day job to become a prophet just yet.
    nice to see the new missle system they deployed oon the raptors, that was pretty cool. Thought that turn coat Helo managed to kill the cylons a bit too easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Pretty good episode, not a bad one anyway, but after such a start to the season its would be easy to call it a weak episode.

Baltar had some great scene's, although his torture scene was poorly acted. The whole Helo thing was a bit annoying, but it makes a kind of sense since Adama was against it he didnt tighten security, I imagine he expected Helo to sabotage the mission, then again that puts Adama's loyalty to the president in question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

sheesh.. whole lot of people here wouldn't object to the holocaust either then?

genocide is genocide people, helo did the right thing for all the right reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I'm putting my money on the whole Baltar scenario playing out a little like the original series - he'll end up commanding the Cylons (and more than likely is one). The bit with Xena (ok Deanna!) was very interesting - is he going for the religious angle or the emotional one? Looks to me like he's trying to convince them to worship him instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Well, if helo hadn't stopped the plan from going through, it'd make for a pretty boring third series, what with there being no cylons.

personally, i think helo was right, but it'll be interesting to see if there is any fallout, i know adama said they weren't going to investigate it, but thats not to say that helo just got away with it.

Also, damn your eyes, Barry Aldwell, damn your eyes!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

eamon234 wrote:
    I'm putting my money on the whole Baltar scenario playing out a little like the original series - he'll end up commanding the Cylons

I was thinking that too
    When he offered to go to the infected basestar I thought we were going to get a third faction of Baltar worshiping cylons, oh well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I think Helo should have just followed orders and let the Cyclons be wiped out. It probably would have made for a boring series, but i still think he should have done it.

I'm really enjoying Baltar's mini adventures with the cyclons as well.

Advertisement