Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oppo r7 or r7 plus

• 27-11-2015 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi both are on sale today and I'm wondering which one would someone recommend? Also will there be any problems using these phones in Ireland? And do they have 4g? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

I went with the R7 Plus, go big or go home when it comes to battery.
    I had a look on http://www.willmyphonework.net/ and it appears all but the US version will work perfectly on my network (Three), it's straight forward enough to enter the details so give it a spin for whichever network you're currently with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

DiarmAFC wrote: »
    Hi both are on sale today and I'm wondering which one would someone recommend? Also will there be any problems using these phones in Ireland? And do they have 4g? Thanks

Hi, can I ask where you saw on sale, have been tempted to get the r7 plus getting a bit tired of the one plus one, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭droidman123

I have had the find 7 and currently have the r7 plus.its an amazing phone,screen,camera,speed,os, all top notch.the battery is unreal, best phone i ever had its on sale atm at €310 delivered i think.google oppostyle europe and you will.see the website.at checkout use the code bfsubscribed for 10 % off,i can remember if its case sensitive or not.

Edit,i think the bfsubscribed is only valid for today

Oh and it works no.problem on 4g

Edit again....its BFSUBSCRIBED...all capitals

I have had the find 7 and currently have the r7 plus.its an amazing phone,screen,camera,speed,os, all top notch.the battery is unreal, best phone i ever had its on sale atm at €310 delivered i think.google oppostyle europe and you will.see the website.at checkout use the code bfsubscribed for 10 % off,i can remember if its case sensitive or not.

Edit,i think the bfsubscribed is only valid for today

Oh and it works no.problem on 4g

Edit again....its BFSUBSCRIBED...all capitals

Thanks.
    Not taking the code unfortunately so showing at 339

:(

arghh...
    Tried to buy , asked me to register, I registered , it then prompts me to login
    with reg details.

When I do, it says invalid username and password....
    just not meant to be..

• Advertisement

sham69 wrote: »
    arghh...
    Tried to buy , asked me to register, I registered , it then prompts me to login
    with reg details.

When I do, it says invalid username and password....
    just not meant to be..

Ran into that last night, go and register on the site first, then try and buy it - should work then.

Cossax wrote: »
    Ran into that last night, go and register on the site first, then try and buy it - should work then.

thanks,
    i'll try that.
    most frustrating 90 mins trying different accounts :)

thanks,
    i'll try that.
    most frustrating 90 mins trying different accounts :)

It's very poor design OK, was going to give up before I tried that way last night.

It's very poor design OK, was going to give up before I tried that way last night.

Kept failing then on PayPal post back, took 5 attempts to get it through , really looking forward to the phone now.
    Thanks all for the help..

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Dubwat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

What's the delivery time gents?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Dubwat

"Due to the large amount of orders we are receiving, shipping might be slightly delayed. All orders will be shipped on first come first serve basis. Please check our Terms & Conditions before proceeding to checkout.."

What's the delivery time gents?

Mine was bought on Friday morning in the small hours, shipped from Heathrow this morning via DHL and expected by COB on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

Good deal, if you can get it. I paid €400 for the plus on Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Fantastic phone and worth every penny. As noted above the battery is awesome, great camera and great audio on headphones, way better than my iPod classic. Love it😀

PaulieBoy wrote: »
    Good deal, if you can get it. I paid €400 for the plus on Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Fantastic phone and worth every penny. As noted above the battery is awesome, great camera and great audio on headphones, way better than my iPod classic. Love it😀

How do you find ColorOS? It's my biggest concern about the phone, especially seeing as there isn't much in the way of rom development on XDA.

Personally I always found colour os to be not intrusive at all,if anything I really like it.

Agree with above. Color OS Is fine. One of the reasons I went for the oppo was the availability of Cyanogen mod for it. But now that I have it I will hold off putting it on as I have no issues with Color OS. Some day when I'm bored with it I may, but not out of necessity.

PaulieBoy wrote: »
    Agree with above. Color OS Is fine. One of the reasons I went for the oppo was the availability of Cyanogen mod for it. But now that I have it I will hold off putting it on as I have no issues with Color OS. Some day when I'm bored with it I may, but not out of necessity.

One last question, does Google Now work with the screen off, a la the Motorola smartphones?

One last question, does Google Now work with the screen off, a la the Motorola smartphones?

I rarely use Google now,but I have just tried it with the screen off and it doesn't seem to work,but that cou!d be a settings thing that needs sorting.I have too much rum on board at the moment to check it out fully :)

As above, don't use Google now so no idea! Sorry.

• Advertisement

did you guys who ordered receive the phone yet? whats your thoughts on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭DiarmAFC

did you guys who ordered receive the phone yet? whats your thoughts on it?

Ordered mine on Friday evening, still not arrived yet however.

Ordered mine on Friday evening, still not arrived yet however.

I got mine a couple of months ago and i had it in 3 days,but because of the price drop they have been inundated with orders,might take a bit longer.

I got mine a couple of months ago and i had it in 3 days,but because of the price drop they have been inundated with orders,might take a bit longer.

Tracking says its arrived in sort facility dublin at 6:18pm today. Hopefully I'll have it tomorrow so! First every android phone as well.

Tracking says its arrived in sort facility dublin at 6:18pm today. Hopefully I'll have it tomorrow so! First every android phone as well.

Mine says the same, it had said to be delivered by end of day today but I am still waiting on nano sim from tesco, my shipment did seem to arrive in Dublin yesterday then went to Gatwick then back to Dublin.
    Strange.

Mine says the same, it had said to be delivered by end of day today but I am still waiting on nano sim from tesco, my shipment did seem to arrive in Dublin yesterday then went to Gatwick then back to Dublin.
    Strange.

Unfortunately, mine didn't come today with the tracking saying it went back to Gatwick and only tonight its in Dublin?:confused: Fingers crossed its here tomorrow!

Unfortunately, mine didn't come today with the tracking saying it went back to Gatwick and only tonight its in Dublin?:confused: Fingers crossed its here tomorrow!

Checked mine again this morning, was in Dublin but seemingly its taking its second trip back to UK and my arrival date has changed to unknown.
    Very strange route it took, uk-dublin-uk-dublin
    Have a feeling it won't be today :(

out for delivery yay...
    Didnt say that on the site but I rang and they told me..

Mine says its with the delivery courier. Anyone have an idea what sort of time DHL come at?

• Advertisement

Mine says its with the delivery courier. Anyone have an idea what sort of time DHL come at?

Mine came in a little after 2 on delivery day, got a quick ring from the courier to check if someone would be home to sign for it!

Advertisement