Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nexus 6P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

OmegaRed wrote: »
    Right, after a bit of investigation, I think I have a workaround but only if you are on Marshmallow.

Problem: When phone is locked, airplane mode (and also cellar data) quick toggles available from pull down menu. This means that they can be turned off if your phone was stolen and you cannot remote wipe or track your phone using the 'find my phone' functionality.

Workaround: Activate System UI Tuner (here: http://www.droid-life.com/2015/08/17/turn-on-system-ui-tuner-in-android-6-0-preview-3/)

Once done, you can actually remove the airplane mode and cellar data quick toggles from the drop down. All System UI Tuner settings explained here: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/how-use-system-ui-tuner-make-your-android-marshmallow-device-smarter-1526077

I am hoping that the link I provide in my previous post above, also covers this from a root wipe as you need you google account password.

EDIT: Test: Location toggle also needs to be removed as turning this off means find my phone functionality also wont work

Thanks a million for that mate ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I've used mine for calls with one that's based on the parrot system so should work with those anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭theintern

Used it with a 2011 Focus with no issues. I can't imagine that this would be a problem, Bluetooth is designed to be completely backwards compatible, for whatever features were in the original bluetooth version. Obviously new features won't work if the car has an old version of bluetooth, but the basics will be fine.

Here for more info - http://superuser.com/questions/588186/is-bluetooth-4-0-backwards-compatible-with-bluetooth-2-0edr

• Advertisement

Hey all,
    Pulled the trigger on a frost 64GB last night! Order shipped today and the tracking now says the following. Anyone know if I should get it on or before Friday? Would be nice to have it for the weekend ;-)

Wednesday, December 02, 2015 Location Time Piece
    1 Shipment information received LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 00:00

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

madmoe wrote: »
    Hey all,
    Pulled the trigger on a frost 64GB last night! Order shipped today and the tracking now says the following. Anyone know if I should get it on or before Friday? Would be nice to have it for the weekend ;-)

Wednesday, December 02, 2015 Location Time Piece
    1 Shipment information received LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 00:00

You'll definitely have it by Friday. More than likely tomorrow!

1jcdub wrote: »
    You'll definitely have it by Friday. More than likely tomorrow!

Happy days :cool: Anyone else on here got a Frost one? Are you happy with it? Any feedback?

Thanks

PS: Was thinking about this case for it......dunno would the white clash with the black though?

http://www.spigen.com/collections/nexus-6p/products/nexus-6p-case-thin-fit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Nexus 6P for €500 on amazon.fr at the minute

http://www.amazon.fr/Huawei-Nexus-Smartphone-d%C3%A9bloqu%C3%A9-Ecran/dp/B016NS6GM8

I'm really tempted but I was planning on waiting til next year before getting a new phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Nexus 6P for €500 on amazon.fr at the minute

http://www.amazon.fr/Huawei-Nexus-Smartphone-d%C3%A9bloqu%C3%A9-Ecran/dp/B016NS6GM8

I'm really tempted but I was planning on waiting til next year before getting a new phone

Do you know what delivery costs are for that fuzzy? Selling my iPhone 6s and was going to go back to android. Was looking at the one plus 2 but if this was only 100e more I may go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Hmm it doesn't seem to be working, maybe it was a pricing error or possibly just sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭theintern

Sold out I think. The 64 went quick too. It was about €8 for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pankaj554

Google Nexus 6P is amazing smartphone with great features. If you love to watch movie and playing games, then Google Nexus 6P is the best options. I have been using this smartphones last 2 months and It been great experiences.

Android v6 (Marshmallow) OS
    12.3 MP Primary Camera
    8 MP Secondary Camera
    4G LTE (Cat 6)
    5.7 inch Touchscreen
    2 GHz Octa Core Processor
    Wi-Fi Enabled
    RAM: 3 GB

Anyone receive the 6.0.1 update yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

Yes last night. Nexus 5 and the 6p

JKGT wrote: »
    Yes last night. Nexus 5 and the 6p

Cheers
    Still waiting on it for my 6P. ..

No update for me just yet.

I have now had three 6P devices sent out to me and ALL of them have had scratches around the SIM tray and the charging port on the chamfered edges! All three devices were frost 64GB. I'm sending the last one back tomorrow for a full refund! In two minds now as to go and buy a 64GB graphite when I get my money back or just skip the 6P altogether!?

Any other 6P frost\aluminium owners out there?

Thanks,
    M

No update for me just yet.

I have now had three 6P devices sent out to me and ALL of them have had scratches around the SIM tray and the charging port on the chamfered edges! All three devices were frost 64GB. I'm sending the last one back tomorrow for a full refund! In two minds now as to go and buy a 64GB graphite when I get my money back or just skip the 6P altogether!?

Any other 6P frost\aluminium owners out there?

Thanks,
    M

I've got a aluminium 64gb 6P. No marks or scratches. Loving the phone. It's the best phone I've had. Go for the aluminium

I've got a aluminium 64gb 6P. No marks or scratches. Loving the phone. It's the best phone I've had. Go for the aluminium

OK mate, you are lucky then! Out of the box they all had scratch marks in the places I mentioned! The second one even had a mark on the screen even with it's supposedly unsearchable Gorilla Glass 4!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Just got it a few minutes ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Got 6.0.1 about an hour ago.

Silly question, how do I get the new emojis? Is there a specific keyboard I need to add?

Got 6.0.1 about an hour ago.

Silly question, how do I get the new emojis? Is there a specific keyboard I need to add?

They should be included in the stock Google keyboard after the update..

They should be included in the stock Google keyboard after the update..

I must be going daft, I can't see anything or additional potions to add new keyboards.

I am looking at the list here: http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/12/07/huge-pictures-here-is-every-single-emoji-in-android-as-of-the-new-6-0-1-marshmallow-update

There is no option on my keyboard layout to switch to emojis. Any help?

TXkyeLPIg9y7ITyTsUf4TEyyXftocLzV-nEh7GY3usv3KprQDNZnxg5QyHuMmFqzaJKXqy71mmg1=w506-h899-no

4nLEUr3z4dfKwrGhdsihSIfNqKB_pc6ZC7fB8d8ajSJHFRUh9qIs7ZFS_tVd_eV7OETtH1DQM9q4BTD20g9XGZq_8UxOWDIMOwUYmh9IEb9ogmEBlTwgs0mUQJuHb__pzzpk7D1MlS9sh-YJWQQo981vICpG5Ltl9Yt5SHhb_yqk0KAfoAq8d8MK6pNr0aNzAy8vPtIYlblH0-cTKy9UO4PcUe7zdMVg6qoIHkPbD5KWJcngycuDyc21ilX_M5-xsH7-gerAmAr3oZdIk6VUrLRK94GfR7wwKd2cSG3CF4skNzp3vISTvPKaHuyjsCRpPcOWiHnxzFO8KBKaYI8JvQ-Hvg9sW9OJV92bFt75EWNm6NDmJZ6XpPX7boTLA9c0UXwP4nZJY4e6Gf-GGDOaNRJdN56RoOv7v3V2aQJ0cMnPF5T_wCWlewuzJBIcvMSQxbhmmTF9CplHt0YJ2YDehkTPnB2HI9wYtc2y_R3nYyHUP_iGgcG2I2Ac9KkJumKeqL47GyQB9-rYGReFoJby_425i9XI5Jnd92InfU6M4k1RNsbAMXKzSfWp80VHoWNoJ6Mz=w506-h899-no

I must be going daft, I can't see anything or additional potions to add new keyboards.

I am looking at the list here: http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/12/07/huge-pictures-here-is-every-single-emoji-in-android-as-of-the-new-6-0-1-marshmallow-update

There is no option on my keyboard layout to switch to emojis. Any help?

TXkyeLPIg9y7ITyTsUf4TEyyXftocLzV-nEh7GY3usv3KprQDNZnxg5QyHuMmFqzaJKXqy71mmg1=w506-h899-no

4nLEUr3z4dfKwrGhdsihSIfNqKB_pc6ZC7fB8d8ajSJHFRUh9qIs7ZFS_tVd_eV7OETtH1DQM9q4BTD20g9XGZq_8UxOWDIMOwUYmh9IEb9ogmEBlTwgs0mUQJuHb__pzzpk7D1MlS9sh-YJWQQo981vICpG5Ltl9Yt5SHhb_yqk0KAfoAq8d8MK6pNr0aNzAy8vPtIYlblH0-cTKy9UO4PcUe7zdMVg6qoIHkPbD5KWJcngycuDyc21ilX_M5-xsH7-gerAmAr3oZdIk6VUrLRK94GfR7wwKd2cSG3CF4skNzp3vISTvPKaHuyjsCRpPcOWiHnxzFO8KBKaYI8JvQ-Hvg9sW9OJV92bFt75EWNm6NDmJZ6XpPX7boTLA9c0UXwP4nZJY4e6Gf-GGDOaNRJdN56RoOv7v3V2aQJ0cMnPF5T_wCWlewuzJBIcvMSQxbhmmTF9CplHt0YJ2YDehkTPnB2HI9wYtc2y_R3nYyHUP_iGgcG2I2Ac9KkJumKeqL47GyQB9-rYGReFoJby_425i9XI5Jnd92InfU6M4k1RNsbAMXKzSfWp80VHoWNoJ6Mz=w506-h899-no

If you press and hold the enter key you'll be given the emojis option. For Google keyboard settings press and hold the coma , key for the keyboard setting options

If you press and hold the enter key you'll be given the emojis option. For Google keyboard settings press and hold the coma , key for the keyboard setting options

And like that, my world has changed forever... thank you!

And like that, my world has changed forever... thank you!
    Your welcome. Envoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Got a 6P last week and I've just noticed a scratch on the screen. Very minor. Not sure if it was there out of the box. Is this a common problem?

PH4T wrote: »
    Got a 6P last week and I've just noticed a scratch on the screen. Very minor. Not sure if it was there out of the box. Is this a common problem?

I received a replacement unit and it had a scratch on it too, very small but I noticed it out of the box! I have had 3 x 64GB frost versions and I have not been fully satisfied with any of them! They are all going back and I'm getting a full refund.

Thanks,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

I received a replacement unit and it had a scratch on it too, very small but I noticed it out of the box! I have had 3 x 64GB frost versions and I have not been fully satisfied with any of them! They are all going back and I'm getting a full refund.

Thanks,
    M

Do you know can they replace the screen rather than replacing the entire phone? I just spend about 5 hours customising it!

Advertisement