Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Indiana Jones

• 08-05-2003 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭

Why is the Indiana Jones series being released on dvd only as a box-set, when the fourth installemt is currently being scripted. Does this means that there will be a future 'definitive' box set with all 4 movies?
    Also, why is the first movie now called Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark as opposed to just Raiders of the Lost Ark.
    Just a small thing but it bugs me when they do things like that (in the same way as Star Wars is now called Star Wars: A New Hope). And Yes, I do know that I have little to worry about!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I guess the only answer I can give to both questions is.. who cares?

The box set thing - I'm pretty sure most people are just going to buy all three at once anyway. Besides, the current timeline for the fourth movie puts it into _production_ in 2005. So people would have to wait until maybe.. 2006 for a full box set. Lucasfilm has been under incredible pressure to release these - I think Indiana Jones fans would probably be rabid by the time 2006 rolled around.

As for the name change - I guess it was to just give the whole thing a bit of consistency. The name was changed a while ago, when they re-re-released the video box set. It doesn't stop people (including Lucas) calling it "Raiders of the Lost Ark".

Advertisement