Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HTC ONE X rooting gone bad

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Look on XDA for an official HTC One X RRU. Download it you your PC, connect phone to PC via USB and run the RUU file. This should get your phone working and everything on your SD card should still be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Venom wrote: »
    Look on XDA for an official HTC One X RRU. Download it you your PC, connect phone to PC via USB and run the RUU file. This should get your phone working and everything on your SD card should still be there.

Venom,

Thanks very much for the reply.

Would you have a link for the exact ruu i need, just afraid to mess up the phone even more?

It is HTC One X emobile. S-on unlocked. if thats any help.

This is gonna sound really noobiish, but what is a RUU?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sounds like you're trying to install the 10.x version of ARHD for the One X.
    This version is a Jelly Bean version, and requires that you have a particular CID on your phone. Chances are, you don't, so this will never work, and it's why you're stuck in a boot loop.

I'd suggest getting the 9.7.2 version, and the 9.7.x boot img, and install those instead. I'm running it and it's great, and I'm not going to try the sense versions of JB until HTC release theirs, and the developers can work from that instead.

Sounds like you're trying to install the 10.x version of ARHD for the One X.
    This version is a Jelly Bean version, and requires that you have a particular CID on your phone. Chances are, you don't, so this will never work, and it's why you're stuck in a boot loop.

I'd suggest getting the 9.7.2 version, and the 9.7.x boot img, and install those instead. I'm running it and it's great, and I'm not going to try the sense versions of JB until HTC release theirs, and the developers can work from that instead.

Hi DamoElDiablo,

Thanks for the reply.

But how do i get those on my device? Would you have a step by step guide? so when i download 9.7.2 version, and the 9.7.x boot img for android Revolution on xda where do i put the files? really sorry for being such i noob at this, but ive been at this for about 2 days solid. really getting fustrated.

Any help would be great like,

Links to the img i need. Being really cheeky now, but could you give me a brief walk through on how to do this or would you have a link to a youtube video with some doing what i need to do.

Thanks again guys.

BobbyT28

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Venom,

Thanks very much for the reply.

Would you have a link for the exact ruu i need, just afraid to mess up the phone even more?

It is HTC One X emobile. S-on unlocked. if thats any help.

This is gonna sound really noobiish, but what is a RUU?

The RUU file is a ROM Update Utility file which you use to swap between roms on Android phones. Im not sure which one you will need but the XDA HTC One X forums should point you in the right direction.

The main is to not freak out as you haven't borked your phone.

• Advertisement

The RUU file is a ROM Update Utility file which you use to swap between roms on Android phones. Im not sure which one you will need but the XDA HTC One X forums should point you in the right direction.

The main is to not freak out as you haven't borked your phone.

Thanks Venom.

Yeah just really fustrated. I hope i get this fixed. On nights tonight in work so gonna try and figure it out. Im here until 7am!!!

Thanks again Venom for the explanation.

BobbyT28

Hi DamoElDiablo,

Thanks for the reply.

But how do i get those on my device? Would you have a step by step guide? so when i download 9.7.2 version, and the 9.7.x boot img for android Revolution on xda where do i put the files? really sorry for being such i noob at this, but ive been at this for about 2 days solid. really getting fustrated.

Any help would be great like,

Links to the img i need. Being really cheeky now, but could you give me a brief walk through on how to do this or would you have a link to a youtube video with some doing what i need to do.

Thanks again guys.

BobbyT28

You would put those boot img files in the root directory of your phones SD card. You then go into the Hboot menu by holding down the down volume button and the power button. You then go into recovery mode and install the img file from your SD card. Then reboot and your on a new rom.

But, Im not sure if your pc can see your phone as a hard drive to copy the img file onto your SD card from the HBoot menu where with the RUU file as can just run it from your desktop. Tho if you have a SD card reader in your PC you could copy the img file that way.

You would put those boot img files in the root directory of your phones SD card. You then go into the Hboot menu by holding down the down volume button and the power button. You then go into recovery mode and install the img file from your SD card. Then reboot and your on a new rom.

But, Im not sure if your pc can see your phone as a hard drive to copy the img file onto your SD card from the HBoot menu where with the RUU file as can just run it from your desktop. Tho if you have a SD card reader in your PC you could copy the img file that way.

Venom,

The problem is i don't know how to put those img files in the sd card. I am unable to mount SD card. The sd card is internal i.e unable to remove it.

No PC doesn't see phone as HDD. Also when i run adb shell i get error device not found. Pain in the ass.

I think if i can get adb working i should be able ro mount SD and push ZIP files on to sd card.

BobbyT28

^ This won't work on the One X. It doesn't have an SD card slot, it has no external memory at all.

Download the TWRP recovery instead of clockworkmod one.

This recovery will let you mount the SD card to copy the ROM file to the phone.

Boot the phone into the Hboot, then go to fastboot.

If you downloaded the ARHD flash file, you have pretty much all you need when you unpack this. There should be a "Flash windows.bat" or something like that, simply run it, and it'll put the boot.img on your phone.
    It just uses the command: "fastboot flash boot <filename>.img"

Now to put the TWRP recovery on your phone, use the following:

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

(Obviously with whatever your version of the twrp.img file is called.)

Reboot the phone into recovery, and you should now be able to mount the SD card, copy the rom across, wipe the caches, and system, install the rom, wipe the caches again, and reboot into ARHD 9.7.2

\o/

^ This won't work on the One X. It doesn't have an SD card slot, it has no external memory at all.

If you downloaded the ARHD flash file, you have pretty much all you need when you unpack this. There should be a "Flash windows.bat" or something like that, simply run it, and it'll put the boot.img on your phone.

Reboot the phone into recovery, and you should now be able to mount the SD card, copy the rom across, wipe the caches, and system, install the rom, wipe the caches again, and reboot into ARHD 9.7.2

\o/

Thanks a million for this DamoElDiablo, i will give this a wirl.

Are you guy's around later on tonight in case i run into any issue's

Really appreciate all the help.

BobbyT28

• Advertisement

I'll hang around for a little while, TBH with TWRP it shouldn't take too long. In case I've headed to the leaba, just drop me a PM if you need to, and I'll check back with you as soon as I can/as soon as I see it.

\o/

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I have managed to mount SD card using twrp.

Now i want to confirm this before going any further

If you downloaded the ARHD flash file, you have pretty much all you need when you unpack this
    Do you mean put the actual ROM into like say the Downloads folder? Or do you mean put in the Flashboot 9.0 file into downloads? Do i even need to add the flash boot? because there is a boot.img in the ARHD ROM folder already.

DamoElDiablo you'll be sick of me at this stage!!!!

I have attached a pic of the 2 files i downloaded. Which one do i need to copy over

The big one needs to be copied onto the phones SD card.

The flash 9.0.x one needs to be extracted into a folder on your computer, then simply run the install-boot-windows.bat file while in fastboot.

Once that's done, go into TWRP again, and flash the rom.

Any joy? O_o

The big one needs to be copied onto the phones SD card.

The flash 9.0.x one needs to be extracted into a folder on your computer, then simply run the install-boot-windows.bat file while in fastboot.

Once that's done, go into TWRP again, and flash the rom.

DamoEldiablo,

You are a legend. :D:D I'm backup and running. I really really appreaciate all the help from yourself and Venom.

I've been searching all over the web for this and you guy's fixed it within 30mins.

One last thing.

Could you guy's give me some basic tips when i want to root again (not like ill be doing this anytime soon) :P:P:P!!!

twrp seems to be the best one to use.

Whats the best way to backup Rom and phone before attemping to root again

When choosing a ROM for HTC One X, how do you know what ROM's will work for your phone? What details do you need to know from your phone to make sure the ROM is ok?

Thanks again folks,

BobbyT28

Just be sure that before going for a ROM that you check to see what the requirements are, and if you don't know if you meet them, either ask or err on the side of caution.

Just be sure that before going for a ROM that you check to see what the requirements are, and if you don't know if you meet them, either ask or err on the side of caution.

DamoELDiablo,

Your my guru for this stuff now:D:D:D:D hahaha

Cheers man.
    BobbyT28

Guys,

My HTC One X battery is draining lie 1% every minute when using and is fine when screen off. I am using juice defender ultimate and setcpu

Cell standy is at 33% seems very high.

Could anyone tell me if this is a know issue with ARHD 9.7?

If I was to use my phone it would be dead in about 3hrs at this stage.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

bobbyT28

Guys,

My HTC One X battery is draining lie 1% every minute when using and is fine when screen off. I am using juice defender ultimate and setcpu

Cell standy is at 33% seems very high.

Could anyone tell me if this is a know issue with ARHD 9.7?

If I was to use my phone it would be dead in about 3hrs at this stage.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

bobbyT28

My have fixed this, went into recovery and cleared cache using TWRP. rebooted phone and it came up on screen "updateing Android".

Cell standby has been at 6% for the last 15mins, before this it was at 33%.

also used Battery calibration from the play store. hopefully this has fixed it.

Time will tell.......

BobbyT28

Hi Guy's,

have to unroot HTC One x as there is an issue with screen and have to send it back to HTC.

Does anyone have a stock RUU, not sure which one to use for eMobile HTC One X. lost backup of stock rom.

any help would be great.

Kinda of need a step by step guide on how to do this. Just don't want to mess anything up like i did the last time i rooted!! :)

Thanks in advance.
    BobbyT28

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I'm not entirely sure if it's just the unrooting you need to to do. Think I read somewhere that you need to have s-on also. Will have a look.

/edit

http://theunlockr.com/2012/10/22/how-to-unroot-the-htc-one-x/

This is a guide to unroot your phone although I haven't used it but it looks similar to the rooting process!

Insurgent,

Thanks for taking the time out to reply.

I have S-on (i think) Never did anything with S-on or S-off) so whatever it is suppose to be by default, it is. I have unlocked bootloader.

Unsure how to aquire a stock rom that i can use on my phone, as i lost my own backup of stock rom.

I need to know where to get stock rom i.e link to the ROM i need for eMobile Ireland, how to load it onto my HOX using twrp and re-lock bootloader.

That link doesn't open for me for some reason. will trry again.

any help would be great.

Thanks again guy's.

BobbyT28

Insurgent wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure if it's just the unrooting you need to to do. Think I read somewhere that you need to have s-on also. Will have a look.

/edit

http://theunlockr.com/2012/10/22/how-to-unroot-the-htc-one-x/

This is a guide to unroot your phone although I haven't used it but it looks similar to the rooting process!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 niikassim

\o/

You just restored my sanity. your post was really helpful. Thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ntquartex

hello I have exactly same problem on my htc one x.
    only difference is that I can see sdcard from twrp recovery but I have no rom.zip file in the sdcard. (accidentally formatted sdcard)
    could you please explain step by step guide in order to restore my phone? Can I copy rom.zip file by using external usb disk by using cable?
    Thanks...

Advertisement