Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards.ie Survival and FTB

• 06-09-2012 9:45pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Welcome to the Boards.ie Minecraft Servers

Please use /rules to read the server rules when you log in.

Apply for whitelist here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056717312

Server IPs:
    Survival|37.59.15.101:25565
    FeedTheBeast|37.59.15.101:25566

Teamspeak:
    [url]ts3server://37.59.15.101[/url]

FeedTheBeast:
    Running Monster 1.6.4
    Download the Windows launcher

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Can't keep track of all these new threads :P

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Damn, so no map of mine? :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Xenon560 wrote: »
    Damn, so no map of mine? :(

It would be nice, but the problem with worldpainter maps is that Villages, Ravines, Fortresses, Temples etc. don't get generated.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

deconduo wrote: »
    It would be nice, but the problem with worldpainter maps is that Villages, Ravines, Fortresses, Temples etc. don't get generated.

Yeah that is the problem, I'm sure if they ever update that, it's possible to convert my map

• Registered Users Posts: 17,636 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Oooh new map will have to give it a look, although dunno if i can get used to not having tekkit :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

Some of us have been playing the new map and....... we've all been getting along!!

Horay for Vanilla!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

I have put down my sword and opted for a more peaceful life. Survival life is good.

219819.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Beds don't seem to be working according to the people on the server:(

Edit: Are mob farms allowed now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

This just a temp server dec?

BX 19 wrote: »
    This just a temp server dec?

New server is up. Its technically just a test for now, but assuming there's no problems it will be the permanent one.

• Advertisement

Working on the bed problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kronnn

Also why is the area so small, can only go between 2000 and -2000 in both axis, and spawn is pretty much in a corner.

Beds don't seem to be working according to the people on the server:(

I've enabled /sethome and /home as a temporary measure, still no clue what's causing the problem.
    Are mob farms allowed now?

You are allowed farm mobs at a spawner, but not by making something that kills them automatically.
    kronnn wrote: »
    Also why is the area so small, can only go between 2000 and -2000 in both axis, and spawn is pretty much in a corner.

Will make it bigger when people start filling it up. Hardly anyone has even left the spawn yet.

Will make it bigger when people start filling it up. Hardly anyone has even left the spawn yet.

Because there's nowhere really to go :P its mostly desert, ice, swamp or water

I've enabled /sethome and /home as a temporary measure, still no clue what's causing the problem.

I know , we have use /sethome, and then use /home to tp use back , Terrible

/sarcasm :p

If anyone wants to make a town on the mainland I can turn off PvP in it for you as well.

If anyone wants to make a town on the mainland I can turn off PvP in it for you as well.

There's barley anywhere on the mainland to make a town though, there are only 4 biomes, and none are particularly good.

There's barley anywhere on the mainland to make a town though, there are only 4 biomes, and none are particularly good.
    Because there's nowhere really to go tongue.png its mostly desert, ice, swamp or water

You're never happy are you.....

Does anyone have the first Boards.ie map? Would love to have it.

It was up on megaupload at one point....

• Advertisement

Damn feds have it now then!:P

Damn feds have it now then!:P

Yea :-(

Id say cherry has a copy lurking on a hd

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

hi why not post the ip address of the server in the main page and make it easy for people to copy and paste (ctrl+c and ctrl+v) it into minecraft 78.137.161.116

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 jack89

Just wondering do you have to apply for whitelist again? Don't seem to be able to log in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 jack89

Never mind, just saw the thread :o

Are we allowed to use Smart Moving?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Fairly sure its primarily server-side and not client-side like Rei's or similar so at best it'll do nothing and more likely it'll cause a version mismatch and won't let you log on to the server.

In other news have just ragequit after hitting Lv30 to get... Unbreaking 3.

Mojang: The Trolling Never Stops :rolleyes:

Solitaire wrote: »
    Fairly sure its primarily server-side and not client-side like Rei's or similar so at best it'll do nothing and more likely it'll cause a version mismatch and won't let you log on to the server.

In other news have just ragequit after hitting Lv30 to get... Unbreaking 3.

Mojang: The Trolling Never Stops :rolleyes:

Nope, It actually works grand once it is installed on your client.. Which I found odd but won't complain:)

Nope, It actually works grand once it is installed on your client.. Which I found odd but won't complain:)

That sounds cool, really love the flying and diving animations (*Sigh* If only we could fly)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Are you sure Buttany? I'd test it myself but the installation instructions cause physical pain simply looking at them (much less trying to decipher them) and I don't think it works with MCPatcher anyway :/

EDIT: Just tried it in SSP with MCPatcher using both the mod itself and the PlayerAPI. Game works fine with no errors but SmartMoving doesn't work in any way, shape or form.

EDIT 2: Got a Standalone setup working. Now can't connect to SMP.

I don't see how anyone could get this to work on the server without Hax. And Hax are baaaad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement