Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any ideas on how to wire up my switch panel?

• 06-08-2014 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

I have no clue how to wire up this, I've tried different ways but can't seem to get it figured out!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

It should be something like this but I can't see any feed out on your switches, is there any slots that a male spade connector will fit in.

HelmWiring2.jpg

Spade connector.

1_1225125372.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭whacker1982

oh god getting dizzy looking at this, but yes thats pretty much the same layout as mine, the spade connector is at the bottom of the switch, cheers fergal ill give it a go :)

ok i think i understand it now, but what the trim tab line for going into a 20amp fuse and then going no where dont understand that one

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

If you are running electric trim tabs you will need two separate switches not the type you'd see on a switch panel more like this.

Waterproof%20Rocker%20Switch,%20LS3000.jpg

would i get a main accessory harness plug in a motor factor?

• Advertisement

I would stay with marine grade wire instead of auto and make up your own harness as you only have a few switches
    4gauge = 160A
    6g = 120A
    8g = 80A
    10g = 60A
    12g = 45A
    14g = 35A 14 gauge should do most of your electrics maybe going a bit higher for lights
    16g = 25A
    18g = 20A

went at it there now, where do the two cables coming off the lights go into the switch panel? its all lights ill be hooking up, 4 in total all with two cables coming out of the lights, but where and how do they fit into the switch panel?

One wire will go to your negative bar bus "black in the photo above" and the other will go to the switch on the opposite side to where the power goes in, this will only be live when you turn on the switch.

fergal.b wrote: »
    One wire will go to your negative bar bus "black in the photo above" and the other will go to the switch on the opposite side to where the power goes in, this will only be live when you turn on the switch.

Ah, I though the bus was the battery, that's how bad I am with electrics, the bus is the bar under each switch and fuse, so the harness plug goes to the battery?

The bus bar is like this and all your negatives run to it.

Buss-bar-300x184.jpg

Not to be confused with a pub in Skerries :D

4148243269_d3a86ca4ca.jpg

• Advertisement

fergal.b wrote: »
    The bus bar is like this and all your negatives run to it.

Buss-bar-300x184.jpg

Not to be confused with a pub in Skerries :D

4148243269_d3a86ca4ca.jpg

I feel like going there now after that slip up :/ thanks fergal

Advertisement