Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Homer

peasant wrote: »
    just playing with the pics of the new toy :D

Quality pictures.. what camera/lens are you using..
    Motivating me to take better pictures of my collection!

3800EB5D0FF64B27AD6E03AF68168DBA-0000341658-0002591107-00500L-26528A806ED0416D81E0FC43683066F0.jpg

Top row.. left to right
    Seiko automatic 100M
    Panerai Base000
    Rolex Submariner No Date (On Nato strap)
    Armani Quartz leather strap
    Skone Quartz silicone strap

Middle Row.. left to right
    Sottomarina Italia quartz
    AK Homme automatic
    Armani quartz black ceramic bracelet
    AK Homme automatic
    Breitling Navitimer (not currently working)

Bottom Row.. left to right
    Nautica quartz on red rubber (comes with two additional straps)
    Parnis Automatic power reserve (from getat)
    TX world time
    TX pilot watch
    Armani quartz (on rubber strap)

Not on the display unit..
    Tag Heuer Calibre 36 (on adverts :D)
    Mont Blanc Timewalker automatic
    another TX flyback chronograph
    my latest seiko addition arriving tomorrow hopefully

Phew.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Homer wrote: »
    Quality pictures.. what camera/lens are you using..
    Motivating me to take better pictures of my collection!

Nikon D50 with standard lens (and some sunshine, a rare commodity)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Homer which gets most wrist time? Fantastic collection BTW. Thanks for sharing.

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Homer which gets most wrist time? Fantastic collection BTW. Thanks for sharing.

Probably the Panerai over the last few months because with 4 different straps it can change to suit daytime/evening/sporty/dressy.

Seiko automatic and any of the TX range get good daily use too. Oh and the sub on the NATO is a bit of a novelty but gets mixed reaction!!

• Advertisement

I bought the getat homage to the Pan Reserve and it gets lots of wrist time even though it's only a $90 watch. Just love the look of it. It's convinced me to buy a Gen Pan in the future. So I'm not surprised you give of most wrist time.

Curious as to why the Sub gets mixed reaction? It's a classic.

I bought the getat homage to the Pan Reserve and it gets lots of wrist time even though it's only a $90 watch. Just love the look of it. It's convinced me to buy a Gen Pan in the future. So I'm not surprised you give of most wrist time.

Curious as to why the Sub gets mixed reaction? It's a classic.

Sorry I meant mixed reaction on the NATO strap as opposed to the original bracelet!

Sorry I meant mixed reaction on the NATO strap as opposed to the original bracelet!

In my humble opinion, putting a x-thousand euro watch on a 10 euro bit of coloured nylon should be punishable with an instant forum ban :D:D:D

(but I think Wibbs would object :D)

If it was good enough for jimmy bond in Thunderball it's good enough for me :p

Thunderball-Rolex.jpg

But I totally get your point!!

Never mind me ...that's just (green) envy talking ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Rolex wasn't that pricey when Bond got his

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If it was good enough for jimmy bond in Thunderball it's good enough for me :p
    *cough*[pedant] pity it wasn't a NATO strap. It was a cheap as chips nylon strap(doesn't even fit) bought by a production runner cos the Rolex bracelet(the directors IIRC) was too short for Seans wrist and the budget didn't stretch to a new one. [/pedant]:o:D
    MiCr0 wrote: »
    Rolex wasn't that pricey when Bond got his
    Not compared to today with the price inflation attached to some of the cache mechanical brands and the mad money paid for some Rolex models, but it was still a very expensive watch for an average man. Many weeks wages type price. The average industrial wage in the UK in the early 60's was 20-25 quid a week and a Rolex was approx 3-400 quid at the time.

I'm beginning to agree with the no NATO straps. Not because I don't like them, but I used to be fairly unique in wearing them for the last 10+ years :(:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Ah well, there are worse things than a Rolex on a Nato :D

531464d1318184197-please-help-identify-watch-im-love-my-future-watch-.jpg

Photo courtesy of watchuseek.
    Wooden beads courtesy of some massive plonker

Pics of the latest addition.. Seiko Pepsi

web.jpg?ver=13193887220001

web.jpg?ver=13193887240001

web.jpg?ver=13193887250001

web.jpg?ver=13193887270001

web.jpg?ver=13193887300001

web.jpg?ver=13193887310001

Just missed out on a very nice Vintage 1949 Omega Seamaster. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Oh I know that eprey pain... :(

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

My latest arrival from Getat.
    50456b44.jpg

My latest arrival from Getat.

Gowan. ..givus a movement shot :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

Photo courtesy of watchuseek.
    Wooden beads courtesy of some massive plonker
    :D

The one on the right came in recently - will be off for a refurb shortly once I've had another couple of days wear.
    P1000938.JPG

How does the Tudor sub compare to the Rolex version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

Absolutely fine; the case, crown and bracelet are all made by Rolex; the movement is the difference and while I accept that Rolex movements have a good reputation for being bomb-proof I also know I'm not going to have any problems getting any spare parts for the ETA in this. I had my Rolex Oyster Precision (of similar vintage) serviced by Rolex last year so it will be interesting to see how this comes back, in comparison, from one of the case refinishers on TZ-UK. There's a bit more about the watch and my plans here.
    http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194421
    The one thing I will miss is a quick-set date but I believe that I'd have the same problem with a Rolex of a similar vintage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Just got this cheap and cheerful gem of a watch from Timex to tide me over until my Stowa is made:

ag6QE.jpg

aPqUn.jpg

qtoaG.jpg

Noat a fan of lots of hands and dials really ...but on this watch they seem to work really well ...must be the really nice colour scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

sionnach wrote: »
    Just got this cheap and cheerful gem of a watch from Timex to tide me over until my Stowa is made:

Saw this very watch today (in GQ watch supplement, I think) looks really nice, had a Timex once before and the loudness of the ticking use to drive me mad, would be in a drawer in my bedroom, and I'd wake up in the middle of the night thinking I was in my very own Edgar Allen Poe story!

The first daylight pics of my latest conversion:

179594.jpg
    179595.jpg

The dial is plastic with some sort of metal foil, printed numbers, clear coat and then applied copper strips as indices on top. It also has some battle scars (not caused by me, for a change) Also like the way the nine is thinned out to allow for the second hand markers
    179599.jpg

Even though this is "only" 44mm diameter, as it is mostly dial it is a bit of a soup plate on the wrist. A very legible soup plate though and it has grown on me quite a bit over the last few days ...does the job of telling time at a glance really well.
    179597.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Doc Daneeka

179619.jpg

That's a particularly nice dialled Amphibia, so it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Doc Daneeka

That's a particularly nice dialled Amphibia, so it is.

Just changed the strap to something a bit chunkier and now much happier with the way it looks well on the wrist.

A nod to yourself Mr. peasant for first piquing my interest in the Vostok's.

Doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

He is responsible for many people here I think

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

This arrived today - it's a LOT bigger than I was expecting with a 46mm case.

I know the colour won't be to everyone's taste (or probably anyone's!), so I won't be offended. I like the offset crown so it doesn't dig into my hand.

SM0006-D__52924.jpg

Edit - photo of watch on wrist:

180160.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement