Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to buy wow?

• 28-12-2014 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

My eircom internet connection is terrible so I want to buy a copy of wow as downloading it isn't feasible...I understand that all the expansions before warlords come with the original game now.

It seems a lot of places don't sell PC games anymore and a lot of game shops have closed in the last few years. So is there anywhere in Dublin or the surrounding counties that sell it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

My eircom internet connection is terrible so I want to buy a copy of wow as downloading it isn't feasible...I understand that all the expansions before warlords come with the original game now.

It seems a lot of places don't sell PC games anymore and a lot of game shops have closed in the last few years. So is there anywhere in Dublin or the surrounding counties that sell it?

I'd be open to correction but you're unlikely to buy a physical copy of the game that wouldn't require a mahoosive download ie the cd will just install an old old vanilla version and you'd be downloading the rest.

I suppose you couldn't ask a mate nicely to download the client and copy onto an external HDD?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

You'll need to download the latest patches so in reality you'll have to download pretty much everything anyway.

The Blizzard store is running a 50% off at the moment, where you can get vanilla up to Mop for only a few euro. If your brand new to the game, that will tide you over for a good while. You'll have the WoD changes and stuff, just not the content once you hit 90.

As above, make the purchase yourself and get someone to download it for you. WoW isn't a game that requires a direct install, its fully portable. So they can download it for you and just hand you a HDD and you can copy it to your machine and off you go.

How bad is the internet connection?

Definitly think buying from Blizz direct the way to go considering the sale thats on at the moment. Otherwise you'll need to buy

Vanilla
    The Burning Crusade
    Wrath of the Lich king
    Cataclysm
    Mists of Pandaria
    Warlods of Draenor.

And your still going to have to download a few gigs of patches after you install the WoD disc.

https://eu.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft

€7.50 for all the content bar WoD, you literally cant do better then that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Pretty sure Gamestop sells the Battle Chest

Advertisement