Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade and Retro Podcast

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Ah feck sake! Missing it again. I'm on my holidays in Monaghan tomorrow. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Wood

Fair play lads, you got a quick little mention on the retro gaming roundup podcast too.

Nothing too in depth but at least the mention was there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I'm on my holidays in Monaghan tomorrow. :(

Banjo-Duel.JPG

EnterNow wrote: »
    Banjo-Duel.JPG

I can't wait. MONAGHAN IS AWESOME!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

DinoRex wrote: »
    Well, who wants to record one tomorrow then?
    I thought you were hanging around with the weeaboos, desu!? :P

• Advertisement

Le pottage c'est dix-cent kilometre pres de ici!

EDIT: I just said that in to my Windows Phone voice search and it thought I said "Lipodystrophy psychometric play PC".

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT LIPODYSTROPHY IS FOR GOD SAKE!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll be around this weekend to record a podcast, see if we can break the hiatus this week. Sera should be around as well.

Possibly go with the music podcast, even though I'd love to do a contra or castlevania one but then again I'm selfish :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Possibly go with the music podcast, even though I'd love to do a contra or castlevania one but then again I'm selfish :P

Listener request: Castlevania.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Le pottage c'est dix-cent kilometre pres de ici!

EDIT: I just said that in to my Windows Phone voice search and it thought I said "Lipodystrophy psychometric play PC".

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT LIPODYSTROPHY IS FOR GOD SAKE!

Siri on iPhone is even worse. I was in pain from laughter the other night from it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

I have to confess that I have neglected these podcasts, besides having the one quick listen before.

Since the Speccy ZX is 30 years old today, then the 8-bit micros podcast is mandatory listening!

http://arcadeandretro.com/arcade-and-retro-podcast-episode-6-8-bit-micros/

I'm assuming the host for this one is DinoRex?

Bit reluctant to use your real name on here, even though anyone could figure it out easily by looking at the website!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

waveform wrote: »
    I have to confess that I have neglected these podcasts, besides having the one quick listen before.

Since the Speccy ZX is 30 years old today, then the 8-bit micros podcast is mandatory listening!

http://arcadeandretro.com/arcade-and-retro-podcast-episode-6-8-bit-micros/

I'm assuming the host for this one is DinoRex?

Bit reluctant to use your real name on here, even though anyone could figure it out easily by looking at the website!

Dinorex hosts them all. Still nowt sign of Zelda part 2 I see. Pah!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

We should start a petition to boycott the podcast if zelda part 2 isn't hosted :P

There's hipster levels of delays going on

Lads one little nice idea for the podcast, (and I'm disappointed i didn't think of it sooner to help out myself)

is if hosters/listeners could leave comments on the waveform in the soundcloud player with a link to each game mentioned, such as a youtube gameplay video, or a wikipedia link or even both! :)

There'll probably be a few new Zelda games out that will need adding to a part 3 by the time 2 goes up. :)

Hopefully you'll get back to slightly more regular podcasts, they're good fun to listen to and informative too. Would love to hear you and Pyong go at it re: Darius Vs R-Type etc. :D

That shmup link you posted the other day was very good actually (well, mainly because Raiden got mentioned).

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Would love to hear you and Pyong go at it

Tsk tsk

Oh I'm well up for Gradius vs.Darius :) Bring it!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Oh I'm well up

Holy f**k

Tsk tsk

Lol I debated changing the wording so there could be no confusion but I cba. Everything in A&R can be twisted. :D

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Lol I debated changing the wording so there could be no confusion but I cba. Everything in A&R can be twisted. :D

Lol it's so true, the place is a cesspit sometimes :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Is part 2 going online?

I am looking forward to hearing it

And i helped make it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Lol it's so true, the place is a cesspit sometimes :pac:

Low rent is the term I prefer but the last few posts are nothing compared to the vasolinathon that went on recently.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Low rent is the term I prefer but the last few posts are nothing compared to the vasolinathon that went on recently.

Low rent is a good day in A&R

Can we do a 6 hour long special entitled: The Joy Of Darius: Why Mechanical Fish Are Better Than Salmon, Hamburgers and A Game That Sounds Like A Trigonometary Theorum - includes a foreword by that Italian looking fella who starred in flop US sitcom, Meego.

Pretty please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Sorry for the delay... but here is Arcade and RetroPodcast Episode 8 – : The Legend of Zelda Series (part 2)

d7vmL.jpg
    (Tingle ruins everything!)

http://arcadeandretro.com/arcade-and-retropodcast-episode-8-the-legend-of-zelda-series-part-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Arcade and Retro Podcast 9 – Contra (or Probotector or eh Gryzor)

CPxlO.jpg

http://arcadeandretro.com/arcade-and-retro-podcast-episode-9-contra-or-probotector-or-eh-gryzor/

I have to hand it to Retr0, as much as we take the p1ss from time to time...he knows his stuff from listening to these. Kudolas dude

So who is Steven on here? ;)

Steve SI?

Sounds young!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Steve SI?

Sounds young!

It's not me anyway :rolleyes:
    Not particularly young either. I'm 33 and proud :cool: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

afaik no one here is Steven spelled with a v except SteveSI, who's under Marik's control

Advertisement