Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heading Out Pike Fishing Monday/Tuesday - Any Reason Not To Visit These Lakes?

• 13-03-2011 5:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I've fished Ballyhoe 1 before (pike to 6-7lb, 6lb tench), and plan to visit again next week. May also make the effort to try Ballyhoe 2, and maybe Rahan's while I'm in the area.

Anyone got anything I should know? State of water, fishing well?

Can't remember where I bought deadbait in the area last time - where's good nearby?

Thanks for any info,

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭karlram

was wondering how you got on?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

Crap. Stayed on BH1 for 3 days, had one missed run. Tried everything bar a boat, cos I don't have one.

Returned a few weeks later for a 2 day stay, and caught one 7lb 7oz pike.

Then spent two days on Ervey, a day on Ballyhoe 2, and a couple of hours on Derry. Nothing.

Returned to Derry for a three day stay and caught one 5lb pike.

Need a boat.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭karlram

heard a few bad reports about it in recent weeks alright. i was on lough eigish last week and had a good days fishing. 6 pike in all. nothing in double figures tho. but was about to net a 4lber and a croc tried to take it on me. well over 20lb. and about 3 foot from the bank. have you far to travel? all the monaghan lakes are reporting good fishing. thinking about hittin lough muckno in the next week.

Advertisement