Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stolen Toyota Hilux

Options
  • 11-09-2011 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

My mates jeep was stolen on friday night/Saturday Morning from outside his house. I hope there isnt a problem in posting this here as I would like to see him get as much help as possible getting this back. Hes spent alot of time and effort getting it to the state it was in.

Details:

TOYOTA HILUX SURF

REG: 94 C 17498

DARK BLUE/NAVY

hilux6.jpg

hilux4.jpg

hilux5.jpg

Any help at all would be appreciated, we've already covered the usual areas, but theres been no sign of it.

Many thanks to all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

I suggest moving over to the motors forum for better response, unfortunately probably on the way for export in a container !

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Thanks man, but Ive had this happen to me aswell a few years ago, I found my van in a certain housing estate in the Limerick area, so Im hoping its the local fraternity if ye get me.

Still no sign of it, just gonna bump this every now and then, thanks for looking everyone. Oh and to anyone out around UL, be careful not to leave anything in your car, tons of breakins recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Firstly sorry to hear about your Jeep been stolen feckers....I hope they get whats coming to them, I will gladly keep an eye out for you as Im on the road all the time all over the place never know what you'd see about...

would this be the jeep of a certain dj in limerick? seen something about it on FB. i'm living in a very busy town out the country so i'll keep my eyes peeled. hope she turns up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

been looking twice at every 4x4 I've passed up and down the country, no sign yet. Strange one, if it was local frat it'd prob turn up by now :(

Unfortunately there is a sad ending to this story. Facebook tells me this jeep has been found burnt out in Southhill. Another fine wagon taken from the roads due to the actions of certain scum. :(

How many times do cars have to be stolen to end up in these places and burnt out before our wonderful legal system decides it might....just might.... be worth putting a couple of cameras in the area????

Or is that thinking just way too far outside the box??

Anyway thanks to everyone who kept an eye out, if it happens to you or anyone you know, do post the information and I'll be happy to return the favour.

Am getting so sick of this town/country and how it tolerates these scumbags....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

Xennon wrote: »
    How many times do cars have to be stolen to end up in these places and burnt out before our wonderful legal system decides it might....just might.... be worth putting a couple of cameras in the area????

Or is that thinking just way too far outside the box??

Anyway thanks to everyone who kept an eye out, if it happens to you or anyone you know, do post the information and I'll be happy to return the favour.

Am getting so sick of this town/country and how it tolerates these scumbags....

I can feel your pain but I cant for the life of mee see how a few camers anywhere will stop this kind of theft, you'd need the sky full of cameras and even then I'm not sure it would prevent it.

Well there are only a few entrances and exits from these estates.....no reason why they couldn't run a registration recognition software to track vehicles in and out, as these are the areas where they invariably end up in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Car thiefs. Filth. Should all get the happy kelly treatment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement