Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Plumber Tiler Recommendations Dublin 15

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

they are all the same, can't wait to get the job off you. then take the piss someway in the end and off they go to the next job and repeat

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

@wandererz: posting the same thing on 3 different threads is not permitted. Please read the charter before posting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

Gaspode wrote: »
    @wandererz: posting the same thing on 3 different threads is not permitted. Please read the charter before posting again.

As far as i can see from my history, i have posted twice.

One of those has been in reply to my own original post and then subsequently retracting that commendation.

If you would note, i provided a glowing recommendation. That was not recognized whatsoever.

I have posted in the Dublin 15 forum as that is the focus.

It should be understood that it is difficult enough getting reputable tradespeople in the first place.

When that occurs i provide my commendation of them, as i originally did.
    I believe that i originally provided a stellar recommendation to your forum member.

At that stage, i received zero rebuke of those positive comments.

Subsequently, that opinion changed.

I voiced my opinion by reply to my own comment in one thread and responding to another thread dedicated to the same geographical area.

The problem remains and even goes much further than what i mentioned.
    I settled by paying the subsequent bill.

There was no apology, but simply counter argument.

It is very easy for a service provider to discredit their customer. It is simply ones word against a company.

If it is OK to provide positive recommendation for whomever, it should also be possible to provide negative recommendation as well, and as i have done.

The service provider has subsequently contacted me to remove these comments.
    I have paid by bill in full in order to simply move on.

I spent a great deal of time and effort in selecting what i believed where the best contractors. That involved my time, my effort and my wasted money.

They in turn provided me with a quotation which they increased with no prior notification.

Having settled that problem, they then proceeded to do this once more.

I have posted in this forum and threads in order to ensure that my fellow neighbors are aware.

It should be also noted that i have been a member of this forum since Sept 2005 with only 549 posts when checked, so i do NOT normally spout off uncontrollably.

I researched things based on this forum and others and i spent over seven months selecting a provider that i could trust.

It turns out that i was INcorrect.

Great workmen, good level of delivery, however worst level of communication and project management.

If you need to berate me then please do so from a balanced perspective.

Again, if you need a top notch bunch of tradesmen who know what they are doing and to do it well or good enough, then get these guys in.

They really do a good job.

Just ensure that you minutely itemise everything as there is a discrepancy with HQ every time in my opinion.

If it is easy enough to provide my Positive answer then it SHOULD be equally easy enough to provide my negative comments as well.

I will also ad that the provider has not provided any apology except to fight his or her case.

My case has been stood down.

I will NOT accommodate this again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

wandererz wrote: »
    If it is easy enough to provide my Postive answer then it SHOULD be equally easy enough to provide my negative comments as well.

Sure it is, but once is enough thanks

Gaspode wrote: »
    Sure it is, but once is enough thanks

Not a problem.

i have over 30 lines of defense, but that's the way it is on boards.ie.

Suffice it to say, i hope that this is not simply deleted.

Thanks,
    Very Much

• Advertisement

I should also mention that the vendor has contacted me to remove these comments.

This is beyond my capability as boards.ie does not allow this.

If you've a problem with moderation, just pm the mod concerned, or one of the other mods of this forum, dont argue about it on thread.
    If a company has issues with your comments about them they can contact me or boards.ie directly with their concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,911 ✭✭✭dodzy

wandererz wrote: »
    I should also mention that the vendor has contacted me to remove these comments.

This is beyond my capability as boards.ie does not allow this.

EDIT -> Go Advanced -> Delete message.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

Friend of mine had some work done from Celtic Works, guy from mayo and he's just did an ensuite refit for 900euro cash. Riped out all tiles, shower tray sink and toilet. All walls and floor in new tiles, new shower tray, new shower, new shower door, new sink and toilet and plastered the back wall where working on pipes. Took him a full week and even worked a Sunday to get it finished. Great work horse this fella was and comes highly recommended. He's a Facebook site but doesn't be on it much. I'll try and find it and add here for anyone needing jobs priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭MarieOC

Your mate was based in D15? If you can find the details of the Celtic Works guy that would be great, it's exactly what we are looking to get done to our ensuite.

• Advertisement
Advertisement