Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clamped at coolmine

Options
  • 12-11-2014 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Mrs Brightkane took my car this morning and parked at coolmine station. She has the parking app and added my car to it. Unbeknownst to herself she left a digit out of the reg when she submitted and paid for the parking.
    Came back this evening and clamped. Of course the clamped was smart and of no help. It's her fault. She can appeal it but he wouldn't say she will get it all back. Ect

Anyone have a similar situation. She had to pay it as was running late for crèche.

Comments

She parked

She paid

They received the money.

there is a record that she paid at that time for the parking.

Despite the error, they should remove the clamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Clamp was removed alright. But only after she paid the 125. He refused to entertain the mistake and just insisted she must pay and appeal. He was less then nice to her and as I said she was in a hurry so paid it. She's going to appeal. Will let you know how she gets on

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭thedavman009

I had a similar situation in town recently.

Changed car and incorrectly entered the new registration. A few days later I was clamped and only then realised I had entered the wrong reg. Had to discharge the clamp release fee but on submitting the appeal I was promptly refunded in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

To be fair, these are errors by the motorists, its not as if they were clamped for no reason. And everyone knows clamps are not removed without paying and appealing, otherwise from the clampers perspective they would be stuck on site debating every clamp they put on.

Not that I'm condoning it, personally I think the whole practice and industry should be outlawed and nobody's vehicle should be disabled or towed unless it is causing a hazard or obstruction. If its a privately managed carpark, put a barrier on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Larbre34 wrote: »
    To be fair, these are errors by the motorists, its not as if they were clamped for no reason. And everyone knows clamps are not removed without paying and appealing, otherwise from the clampers perspective they would be stuck on site debating every clamp they put on.

Not that I'm condoning it, personally I think the whole practice and industry should be outlawed and nobody's vehicle should be disabled or towed unless it is causing a hazard or obstruction. If its a privately managed carpark, put a barrier on it.

I agree rules are rules. I was just curious if anyone had success appealing in similar circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭dodzy

brightkane wrote: »
    I agree rules are rules. I was just curious if anyone had success appealing in similar circumstances.
    You'll get it back under appeal.

Advertisement