Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenny, Alek and Rob's cyclo crossbromance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Is it some kind of official CX course there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭easygoing39

somehow I doubt its official.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Alek wrote: »
    Is it some kind of official CX course there?

It's unofficial, underground, secret course. Like in England when TTing was outlawed and the guys had to use secret codes for the courses. :P
    There should still be a few tyre tracks down there, if you feel like heading down.
    There's lights in the park too.

Cool, I may try it tomorrow morning ITBHA*

* - If The Better Half Agrees

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭SuperSean

Anyone got any good routes in Phoenix park to get a bit of practicing in?
    Was thinking of doing a few laps around the military fort > up the Kyber > back down the fort etc but open to suggestions :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

SuperSean wrote: »
    back down the fort etc but open to suggestions :D

stay away from the long grass!! :)

You can practice technical bits on any stretch of trimmed grass, there is plenty behind the Fort. And follow lenny's advice!

There are a few nice hills to ride/run up just between the Fort and Kyber. Go nearer the Papal Cross for some trees/grass mix where you can practice tight cornering - going up and down the cross molehill is fun too.

Recently I've discovered that the closed park on the right hand side from the main gate has ideal terrain for off-camber practice, but its closed shut in the morning. Some of off camber trees/grass as you approach Zoo entrance from there.

For singletrack fun there is one going almost around the whole park, not too hard to find :)

Perhaps we can join our forces one early morning? (if you have a spare derailleur :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

It's really close to my place so I'll be using it. Very quiet and has some nice steep bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

nak wrote: »
    I was very annoyed that they cut the grass, spent last night picking grass out of the cassette and jockey wheels on my cross bike. Cheek of the OPW!

I had grass (from the Park) hanging off the bike on the way into work the other day. A nice Roadie behind me thought it was a bit of string and said something to me about 'thread' getting caught in my wheel.

I thought he said 'your wheel is about to shred'. Cue panic stop and head scratching.

#chinesewhispers
    #youhadtobethere

OldBean wrote: »
    May have been posted somewhere before, but I can't take this guy seriously..

I need to get me one of those jerseys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

SuperSean wrote: »
    Was thinking of doing a few laps around the military fort > up the Kyber > back down the fort etc but open to suggestions :D

Go explore, makes it more fun. Trails all over the park. No long grass in the Furry Glen (not recommended at certain times of day though).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

nak wrote: »
    No long grass in the Furry Glen (not recommended at certain times of day though).

Depends what rocks your boat I suppose.....

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭12 element

Will be having a go at Cyclocross for the first time this year. Bought this a few weeks back and it's been great fun messing around on it so far!364436.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭furiousox

RobFowl wrote: »
    Depends what rocks your boat I suppose.....

G'wan Norman, best bassist on this planet.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭furiousox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

To steer away from this off-topic subject for a while, anyone ever done the 3 Peaks CX race in Yorkshire?

My bro did it. I'll PM you his report.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

lennymc wrote: »
    stay away from the long grass!! :)

You been watching Jurassic Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Oi Oi,to hell with the cx chat,I'm enjoying the Blockheads/Wilko videos!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Lurgan were right good fun today :)

https://www.strava.com/activities/406230216

RobFowl wrote: »
    Lurgan were right good fun today :)

https://www.strava.com/activities/406230216

It were indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭comete

Need new cantis, was going to buy avid ultimates, are they nearly 100 quid better than cx70's?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Looked like a serious amount of entries,going by the videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭dooverylittle

comete wrote: »
    Need new cantis, was going to buy avid ultimates, are they nearly 100 quid better than cx70's?

Yes.

Superprestige Round 1 - Gieten

Where do I sign for the Punchestown race on 18th? They said on FB entries are open from 4th Oct....

53219408-300x300.jpg

:D:D:D

Lady Dixon B race sold out in less than 24 hours! A race almost full too. Looking forward to the first women's race in Ireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Where do I sign for the Punchestown race on 18th? They said on FB entries are open from 4th Oct....

On the FB post it does say:
    disclaimer: everything in the above post is subject to change

• Advertisement

^^^ So it could end up being a hill climb in cork??????

:)

I wont make that one unfortunately - 25th will be my next race.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement