Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

WorkingtonAFC.png

Started my game with Workington, a club currently in the Blue Square North and who have been out of the Football League since they 1977 when they failed to win re-election to the the Football League...

I have completed my first season, and there is a blog about my first season in charge live as we speak...

http://mikelowesodyssey.wordpress.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

Logo_of_FC_SKA-Energia_Khabarovsk.png

Started unemployed.

Got a job in the 2nd level of Russian football
    with SKA-Energiya Khabarovsk.

Doing pretty well, suprisingly because i only signed a handful of players.
    Second in the league with the league due to split for promotion/relegation groups.

My Overview results
    PL16 W12 D1 L3 F43 A24 GD19 WIN% 75%

ahyeahok wrote: »
    Logo_of_FC_SKA-Energia_Khabarovsk.png

Started unemployed.

Got a job in the 2nd level of Russian football
    with SKA-Energiya Khabarovsk.

Doing pretty well, suprisingly because i only signed a handful of players.
    Second in the league with the league due to split for promotion/relegation groups.

My Overview results
    PL16 W12 D1 L3 F43 A24 GD19 WIN% 75%

Loving the obscure club:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

busyliving wrote: »
    Loving the obscure club:D

Same thing happened to me on FM11. Loaded a good few leagues and got a obscure job in Russia at the start. Love the fact you can add and remove leagues this year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Promoted to BSP with Farnborough, hopefully I get further than league 1 this year......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Promoted to BSP with Farnborough, hopefully I get further than league 1 this year......

How come you only got to L1 last year?

I know its Man City and all that jazz, but still, nice aul way to win the league...

fmcity5utd4.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

How come you only got to L1 last year?

Failed 5 years in a row to gain promotion so moved on after that.

Finding it tough this year too. My wage budget really is horrible, and I only have 14 players.

Failed 5 years in a row to gain promotion so moved on after that.

Finding it tough this year too. My wage budget really is horrible, and I only have 14 players.

Ah I see, hard luck!

Jaysus, 14 players... Your fooked when you get a few injuries and suspensions!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Spent half a season in the Russian first division and got relegated by one point! 21 games had already been played when I took over which left me bottom with only 13 points. I finished the season with I think 46 points, 47 would have kept me up. No lower leagues are playable so I left the job and spent six months applying for everything job vacany and getting rejected every time. Now, I'm after ending up at poxy Mount Merrion in Irish first division. 2000/1 to get promoted and odds on favourites to get relegated :mad:

I played a preseason friendly against Rovers and lost 4-2. Was 2-2 at half time but the players were dead on their feet after an hour before Rovers scored two late goals to win it. So it might not be a lost cause after all, Rovers are much better than any team I'll be facing in the league so some improved fitness and I hope to do well.

However, I'm only allowed ONE staff member and the board refuse to invest any money into facilities or even find me a parent club! They are happy with the clubs current position :confused:

Oh the joys of starting unemployed with a background as a Sunday League Footballer. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 RobbieSEI

Started the season with Pats. Signed one or two backup players, and let a couple of the younger lads go. Took me a while to get my bearings on the game, So went into the mid-season break 8th :( Organized 2 friendlies and messed around with formations a bit. Came back out with all guns blazing after the break, winning 19 from 24 games, and beating Bohs to the league by 2 points on the last day :D Gonna sign a few more players and play a bit more defensive football next season, As I conceded a fcuk-load of goals. Champions league too, So hopefully the board allow me a bit more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Sony Sendai FC
    107311.png
    Japanese Football League [JFL] (3rd tier)
    Board Expectations: Mid Table
    Transfer Budget: €80k
    Wage Budget: €9.5k

Tough task. There's 18 teams in the JFL and only 2 are part time. Sony are one of them.

Transfers:

sos1.png

Yes, I went a bit mad with the Brazilian signings after I sent a scout there. I can only have 3 foreigners in the matchday squad and none of them wanted more than €300 p/w so I signed some as backups for injuries.

Final Table:
    sos2.png

The top 3 with 2 games left was Parceiro, Varen and us. I got 2 important wins to finish the season whereas Varen and Parceiro lost their final 2, which let me finish champions :D.

But wait! In the JFL there is no automatic promotion. I have to face the bottom team from J2 in the Promotion/Relegation playoff :(. Oita Trinita finished bottom, but even with their dismal team morale I was no match for their quality. I still put up a good fight, even after I lost 4 starters including my best player, Gilberto, to a virus in the week before the game.
    sos4.pngsos3.png

I did my best, but after February came round again the club was good for €800k but still I couldn't ask the board to go full-time. The transfer market was empty and my defense was terrible. So I resigned.

A week after I resigned Persiwa Wanema in the Indonesian Super League sacked their manager so I applied and got the job. Currently in 10th with 27 games gone(I haven't managed a game yet though). I'll just manage to the end of the season and then bring in a few guys and see if I can get the side into the Asian Champions League next season :)

Five months in the job at Mount Merrion and I've made my first monthly profit. £21 :D

After 10 games, I'm 10th, fourth from bottom with a game in hand. 12 points out of a possible 30. Not bad for a team that was expected to finish last! Fourth highest scorers in the league and three wins in my last five games. Unfortunatly, my next game is against Mervue United who are running away with the league already. Eight wins and three draws, no defeats. If I win my game in hand, I'll go eight which is about where I want to be come the end of the season. Higher would be great but I'm being realistic here and looking for a decent mid table finish.

Board still refuse to invest in facilities or find me a parent club. :(

EDIT:
    39769693.png
    GET IN!!! :D:D:D

Once your tactics click, things just go brilliantly! :D

31 games now played and I'm 5th (4th if I had a better GD), one point off being third and I have a game in hand!! I'm 12 and 10 behind first and second so that might be asking a bit much. But, I'll be effin delighted if I can continue this form and keep myself in the top five. Oliver Taylor from the Under 19's has been a lifesaver. 20 goals in 28 games. Hopefully no-one bids for him at the end of the season as he's looking like my crown jewel :)

Nearly every game I've played has seen me given odds of 10/1 and 15/1. I enjoy beating those odds but nothing was better than this cup game.

Mount Merrion: 40/1
    Draw: 25/1
    Bohemians: 1/30

Then:
    14985673.png

(I dont have the game open now hence no actual numbers, this is from this morning)

Mount Merrion are in the Premier Division! :D

Odds on favourites to go down, expected to finish 13th of 13, odds of 2000/1 to gain promotion. Won the League on the last day by ONE point! Mervue absolutly imploded in the run in. Second to fifth was tight for a long time so a good run had me sneak in to second place, 10 points behind Mervue with five games to go. I win all five, Mervue win, draw, lose, lose, lose! Fans are asking the mayor to give me freedom of the city :D

If that wasnt epic enough, I went on and won the Senior Challenge Cup too by beating Finn Harps in the final! Europa League next season for little Mount Merrion :D

Oliver Taylor ended up with something like 43 goals :eek: David Kelly looks quality too. 16 year old RM who got 7 goals in 9 games in the run in. Starting to get some good players from the youth team and might even be allowed spend money now that I'm in the Premier Division :)

New Blog up on my FM career http://mikelowesodyssey.wordpress.com/

Just starting into my third season

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Started with reputation as Professional player at Limerick. Won Promotion to Premier division in year one finishing 2nd to a Finn Harps side and winning the League Cup against Shamrock Rovers.

In my second year I also finished as runner up - this time to a very hard to beat St. Pats side. However I was continuing to build my team with no money and a crippling wage budget! Couldnt even sign free players!

In my third year at Limerick, I started off with winning the Munster Senior Cup against Cork City (great pleasure in that). Then won the League Cup 6-1 against Sligo Rovers. Had a great run in the league staying top for most of the season and eventually winning even though towards the end it looked like it was going to slip from my grasp. And finished off the season with a quadruple, winning the Senior Challenge Cup 2-0 against Dundalk.

I signed a new contract only to be linked with the Spurs job, after Mick McCarthy half destroyed the team, of course I said I would like the job, sent in the application and low and behold I am the new Spurs manager. Not bad for a manager from the Irish leagues.

Keith Andrews has taken over from me and I hope he can do a good job (his stats look good anyway).

Funny note: Last season, all in the same day 4 managers all retired. Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Harry Redknapp and Walter Smith :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Mc Love wrote: »
    Started with reputation as Professional player at Limerick. Won Promotion to Premier division in year one finishing 2nd to a Finn Harps side and winning the League Cup against Shamrock Rovers.

In my second year I also finished as runner up - this time to a very hard to beat St. Pats side. However I was continuing to build my team with no money and a crippling wage budget! Couldnt even sign free players!

In my third year at Limerick, I started off with winning the Munster Senior Cup against Cork City (great pleasure in that). Then won the League Cup 6-1 against Sligo Rovers. Had a great run in the league staying top for most of the season and eventually winning even though towards the end it looked like it was going to slip from my grasp. And finished off the season with a quadruple, winning the Senior Challenge Cup 2-0 against Dundalk.

I signed a new contract only to be linked with the Spurs job, after Mick McCarthy half destroyed the team, of course I said I would like the job, sent in the application and low and behold I am the new Spurs manager. Not bad for a manager from the Irish leagues.

Keith Andrews has taken over from me and I hope he can do a good job (his stats look good anyway).

Funny note: Last season, all in the same day 4 managers all retired. Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Harry Redknapp and Walter Smith :D

I got the same retirements, was at the end of my third season and harry fergie and wenger all retired.

Having brought leicster to the premership and then europa league qualifiers (missed out on champions league on last day of the season to liverpool) and winning the fa cup. I got offered the chelsea job for the third season.

Winning the league barely(lowest point score for a winning team so far 73) with chelsea and taking the europa cup after man city beat all my decent rivals and then lost to benefica.

After all the retirements I had my pick of the top jobs then, bye bye chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

So started with Barca B.

I have been given a top table finish expectation with no transfer budget and 57k wage budget which I have just managed to stay under as when I joined they were on 48k already.

My first priority is to develop the youngsters, there are a number of potential superstars in the ranks, sergi Gomez and thiago are two examples.

This may prove difficult as I don't have the money for coaches and the first team will try pinch some of them.

Signings wise I signed 3 experienced but uncapped Spanish players, two defenders and a defensive midfielder to add maturity in a high standard league for a team of youngsters.

Also signed a French keeper for experienced back up and a Ivorian winger who totally dominated my last match.

Preseason was a mixture of defeats and wins but managed to get morale up.

The start of the season was boosted by the first team signing a young brazilian centre forward who was put into the u19s. I have since promoted him and he has started every game scoring 4 goals in 4 games. Not bad for an 18 yr old!!

Am using a number of tactics from the fm-base.co.UK website, will update with names of the tactics. I am basing the tactics on the same style as the first team with Thiago being the main playmaker.

This choice of team has fed my addiction once again.

Oh and my playing experience is down as Sunday footballer so it shall be interesting to see how my success with the team boosts my reputation.

Also from 4 games I have 8 points and currently mid table after beating Recreativo 1-2 away from home. Happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

In my 2nd season as Waterford boss.

Took over half way through last season as I was manager of a 2nd division Russian team but resigned as they were shocking.
    Took over as Waterford were 2nd last and finished 4th from bottom.

Let most of team go and signed load of new players keeping 3 or 4 of better players. Have 10k to spend but I only have 16 players and the board keep saying I have to bring wage bill down, even though I barely have enough players as is. They arent even on big money!!

Signed Pablo Counago and Caleb Folan and they are banging in the goals, 14 in 17 for Pablo and think 8 in 14 for Caleb and most of those games were as sub, as I built up his fitness. (Even had Trap down to check on Caleb Folan :D)

I'm top after 15 games, unbeaten in league and only lost 1 game so far this season in some cup. I'm into the semi-final of league cup.

Edit: I've just won the Munster Senior Cup :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,813 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

My second season in BSP with Stalybridge. Lost play off for promotion last season while expected to be relegated.

Expected to fight relegation again this season and this is where I am after falling 20 points behind the leader at Christmas and being in 13th place.

One game left to play.
    394850_10151173838735307_737165306_22133095_605594247_n.jpg

I lost and Kidderminster won. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

I'll upload a few more screenshots of my Chester story later on this evening :)

Jesus, my Stalybridge game is harder than Grand Theft Auto!!

Had to sell my best players to get finances and the club has gone back to part-time. It's the beginning of the 2015 season and I'm starting my 3rd season in the BSP and it hasn't started well.

Current League Table

45454545.png

Squad
    994949494.png
    Transfer History
    200020.png

I'm doing quite well so far hopefully I can keep up my start to season form and get back into the football league :)

That's a really interesting formation!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Mars Bar wrote: »
    That's a really interesting formation!

It's weirdest one i've ever seen. the striker thing is a bit mad... but still got 20 goals in 7 games. Leaking a lot of goals tho too, thats cos wingers must love playing against that team!!

Stevecw wrote: »
    It's weirdest one i've ever seen. the striker thing is a bit mad... but still got 20 goals in 7 games. Leaking a lot of goals tho too, thats cos wingers must love playing against that team!!

The squad aren't very familiar with it so I imagine with time, less goals will be conceded.

I just use that tactic for big games against the teams around me. It hasn't failed me so far so alls good :)

• Advertisement

kdkdkdkdjdjkdjdjdjdkdjd.png

Advertisement