Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dota 2 Ireland Season 3: Dota 2 IreLAN

• 17-08-2014 10:51am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Today we are very pleased to officially announce ireLAN, Ireland's first DOTA 2-focused LAN event in Dublin! During the 25th-26th October, we will converge to the Aspect Hotel Park West where we plan to have 2 solid days of banter and action of all things DOTA.
    The event will be a Bring-Your-Own-Computer (BYOC) event costing €25.00 for both days at the door or €22.00 by pre-reg with €15 per day. The event will go for 48 hours straight but room bookings can be made here.

We have our very own DOTA personality Shane ‘Shaneomad’ Clarke of GD Studio fame helping us organise this event closely and we’ll also have the legendary Ted ‘Pyrion Flax’ Forsyth to help commentate the tournament of a prize pool of at least 150 euro!
    We hope it’ll be the first of many events in the future not just for DOTA 2, but also for video gaming of all kinds. These events can only be driven with the support and passion of all the gamers either attending or helping to buy the in-game ticket that will be in the DOTA store soon and spectate the games there.

More details on dota2ireland.com

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Great work, I'm going, who else?
    Gonna book a room soon and split it with somebody.
    Then book a team haha.

How is that pricing working?
    event costing €25.00 for both days at the door or €22.00 by pre-reg with €15 per day
    Is that 25+25 and 22 + 15 or?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

25 at the door for both days.

22 prereg for both days (3 euro discount basically)

Can't do both days? 15 euro a day.

It's also in the same hotel where kinetic^ organized lanparty :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'll take two single days for 30 :p
    Oh cool, that was a grand aul spot! Nice!
    I am not sleeping on the floor again though haha.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

39 euro twin room, can't go wrong!

That's pretty sweet actually! who wants to share? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

so pre booking both days and booking a shared room is an even 100 euro.

€100 for 48 hours minus minimal sleep requirements of pure dota.

im definately interested.

its 22 + 39 so 61 and half that 39 is shared so pretty cheap. 40-45e.

Yeah, its 22 prebook for the entire weekend.

Twin rooms are up at 39 euro a room, which is 19.50 pps.

Whole weekend in its entirety is quite cheap :)

I would advise anyone going and wanting to stay in a room overnight book as soon as they can. Booking.com allocation is sold out but still available on other sites (expedia etc)

unfortunately the 25th clashes with the wifes birthday, so saturday is out for me, but i'll still go sunday.

• Advertisement

Do, sure just pop down even to say hi ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭neoanto

Lads, just heard about this on another forum.
    I see the tickets are all sold out.
    Is it possible to pop down and just spectate?

Hey,

Unfortunately not. Demand was beyond expectation in this case, we added more tickets and they quickly sold out once more. We will be streaming via Twitch though.

ahh crap, i never bought a ticket :(

i'll tell the missus i decided that i'd rather spend time with her, make the best of a bad lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭neoanto

Hey,

Unfortunately not. Demand was beyond expectation in this case, we added more tickets and they quickly sold out once more. We will be streaming via Twitch though.

Ok cool, pity though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Was this streamed or recorded in the end?

Hey,

Yes, it was! There's about 8 hours worth of games on twitch.tv/shaneomad

And for the finals we had Pyrion and Yogscast's Lewis to co-cast :)

EDIT: BAM:

It's All Ogre Now became the victors and walked away with €1,000 and a pair of SteelSeries Siberia V2 headsets each with TFK grabbing €230 and a SteelSeries Venge Mousepad each for being 2nd!
    This weekend has been insane. We never expected the reception we received either at the LAN or on Shane and PFlax's streams. Around 80 people came and supported us and a few even helped out in our time of need.
    We would like to thank:

-Sponsors
    -SteelSeries
    -Dublin University Internet Society
    -Dragonslayers
    -The Teams
    - TFK
    - It's All Ogre Now
    - Nothing Was The Same
    - TYBG
    - Gank Squad Alpha
    - DMX
    - Goolie & Amigos
    - Rockshandy Gaming
    - We Got Dis
    - Kamill & Friends
    - No Hope
    - Large Hardon Collider
    - Dawn
    - Team Solid
    - One Trick Depony
    -Alan "Cherry" and Thomas "Mojo" with their insane network wizardry
    -Shane
    -Pyrion Flax and Lewis from The Yogscast
    -Cloakie and Matt with their amazing casting
    -Aspect Hotel Park West
    -Twitch Viewers & LAN spectators
    -Cyborgmatt

Can't stress enough, awesome work man :)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

was it essentially a Reason Gaming mix team that won?

In a nutshell yeah (kind of, not really). They went undefeated but they almost lost 2 games in the group stages (one was streamed on shanes twitch so it's probably in the past broadcasts).

• Advertisement

:s would have liked to see an Irish team win

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

BMMachine wrote: »
    :s would have liked to see an Irish team win

Should've shown up then ;)

Top 3 teams were all not Irish. 4th was Irish. We need to get practicing men!

Dreddybajs wrote: »

didnt know anyone going and i wasn't available on the saturday :(

You guys have a nice aul drink? I fell asleep on the couch when I got home, fail.

BM carry us to victory!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

You guys have a nice aul drink? I fell asleep on the couch when I got home, fail.

BM carry us to victory!

Yeah was gas, ended up at the Workman's. Pretty funny night, the English lads were sound. Ended up wandering off without saying bye to anyone to get pizza. :pac:

kudos to cherry + organisers.

thats impresive if we are actually attracting teams over here.

thats a big prize fund for an irish lan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

The UK LANs get overrun by EU teams, hence gravitation to easier pastures.

Advertisement