Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Questions about the Institute of Education

Options
  • 10-07-2013 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm starting sixth year in IOE this September and have some questions on what to expect

1) Is the 2 years of the leaving cert course covered effectively? How exactly do they finish the course so quickly when some schools struggle to finish it in two years

2) Is it easy to make friends etc

3) is there any favouritism towards the students that did fifth year there already

4) Can someone please PM me names of good teachers, I'm doing the basics English, Irish, Maths then French, Music, Biology, Chemistry

5) If anybody does music do you know if you get advice for the music practical

6) How long are the classes

7) Are you allowed leave the school for lunch

8) Is it posh/ snobby

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭ahmdoda

1)Yes it is especially chemistry biology and physics along with economics as i did them and had no trouble with them also with maths they move in a decent pace that should be no problem to you if you do your work CONSISTENTLY i would say its because the school barley have any half days or days off and work is consistent thought out the week
    2)making friends here is not much different from the way you made friends on your first day of secondary school and primary school
    3)not really some teacher might just know them better and thus communicate better with them but acadmicaly I didn't see any inclination or favoritism toward them
    4)will do
    5)i didnt do music
    6)the classes are 1 hour long but time really do pass quickly and you hardly feel the one hour
    7)yeah thats no proplem
    8)from my experience i would say no

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Lots of threads on this already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Once you're in the Institute of Education, you should have nothing to worry about :) make sure to work hard, you don't want to waste your parents' money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sullynotsilly

I'm starting 6th year here on Monday, I'm so so nervous about all the little things!

Advertisement